NITL live videos on youtube

thats a good one, but I’v been comparing them on a music output basis. 

like: 
Charlie XCX just put out her SIXTH album since 2013 today. 

Disturbed’s whole career was kickstarted and forgotten about since Chinese has been recorded and toured for, and the band has reunited. The difference? 

Disturbed have put out 7 albums since 2000 and broken up multiple times. I could go on and on. It doesn't seem to bother people who blindly praise this band.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

thats a good one, but I’v been comparing them on a music output basis. 

like: 
Charlie XCX just put out her SIXTH album since 2013 today. 

Disturbed’s whole career was kickstarted and forgotten about since Chinese has been recorded and toured for, and the band has reunited. The difference? 

Disturbed have put out 7 albums since 2000 and broken up multiple times. I could go on and on. It doesn't seem to bother people who blindly praise this band.

Since Axl last put out a record, Prince released Lotusflow3r, MPLSound, 20Ten, Art Official Age, Plectrum Electrum, HitNRun Phase 1, HitNRun Phase 2, died on a plane, was brought back to life, died for real of an overdose, then put out four posthumous albums.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

What's the point people are going to start thinking 'yeah, not happening' in regards to this? Curious as to how long people will wait. 

Nick Cave managed to set up a YouTube channel showing 24/7 live footage, videos, rehearsals, interviews, TV appearances, you name it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

What's the point people are going to start thinking 'yeah, not happening' in regards to this? Curious as to how long people will wait. 

Nick Cave managed to set up a YouTube channel showing 24/7 live footage, videos, rehearsals, interviews, TV appearances, you name it. 

Im assuming management needs to get the 3 of them to ok anything on that level. That’s if they even ran things by them before all of this 

28 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

For me?  "Fernando said..." is an immediate final nail in the coffin for anything other than children's literature.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What's the point people are going to start thinking 'yeah, not happening' in regards to this?

I think the fact they put up a 'soon' post means they've committed to it and are working on it.

Probably will be a while though, I'd expect us to get an announcement of when it'll be released before we see it.

28 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I think the fact they put up a 'soon' post means they've committed to it and are working on it.

Probably will be a while though, I'd expect us to get an announcement of when it'll be released before we see it.

If we’re talking editing, approval processes and such, this thing is dead in the water. They may have intentions but you could say that about a ton of stuff that hasn’t seen the light of day across multiple managers 

If they all wanted to get something out such as live footage, they could circumvent all of it instantly. It’s 2020 

Edited by guitarpatch

17 hours ago, NicoGNR5 said:

I think Noel usually doesn’t care about the fans at all (and has made himself look like a douchebag this last decade), but he still manages to care way more than anyone from GN’R lol, and i’m sure that if he ever brings back Oasis, they would have an album out in less than 2 years (hope that happens).

I think, in fact he does care. But he pretends not to do so because for image reasons and so on. 

Besides, I totally agree with you. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What other band do you know that has said something like they did a week ago on social media and then made nothing of it? 

I mean it has only been a week.

Most footage that's been put out by other bands is old stuff that's already been released and is just lying around.

It would be like if they put out the Tokyo 92 show (Which now that I think about it, it's insane that GNR haven't put that up on YouTube).

Edited by GNR_RNR

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I mean it has only been a week.

Most footage that's been put out by other bands is old stuff that's already been released and is just lying around.

It would be like if they put out the Tokyo 92 show (Which now that I think about it, it's insane that GNR haven't put that up on YouTube).

Give both DVDs a playthrough or spread them out over 2 weeks, then take the songs and split them up and post them on Youtube/Facebook every 2-3 days.

it will literally BOOST GNR’s engagement. Hell, im suprised they aren’t promoting the Queen livestream! they fucking played it for christ sake! Let me manage this band!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Nick Cave is the gold standard for everything in the music world.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Give both DVDs a playthrough or spread them out over 2 weeks, then take the songs and split them up and post them on Youtube/Facebook every 2-3 days.

it will literally BOOST GNR’s engagement. Hell, im suprised they aren’t promoting the Queen livestream! they fucking played it for christ sake! Let me manage this band!!!!

Absolutely.

Imo the right thing to do is put out Patience or Wttj from the Troubadour on YouTube and at the end of the video have a date for the live premier of the Troubadour show (like many other artists have done).

Then have the live stream and in the subsequent weeks release the individual songs every few days.

This results in a couple weeks of content for fans.

Do the same for the Tokyo & Paris 92 shows afterwards.

And yeah it's no surpirse they've failed to promote the Queen live stream, because that would actually be a good idea.

The GNR social media is just crap for the most part, they never promote the vids from other channels the guys are in (premier guitar rig rundowns etc).

They need a new social media team and fast.