NITL live videos on youtube

Sounded really good to me. Was cool to see some good footage besides shitty cell phone stuff. I hope they put out a best of NITL Live dvd- I would love to have it...

They’ve (Fernando) really made me embarrassed lately, but some more of this and it’ll be headed in the right direction.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Do you at least like Slash's outro solo on CD? It's always been the CD songs that Slash plays the best, IMO.

Just watched it after your post.. I honestly couldn't even hear Slash during the outro. Just Axl's unpleasant voice he uses for that part lol

2 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Is the plan to give us a few songs every Thursday for the next few weeks then?

If that's the case then I could see them compiling the videos and finally releasing a NITL tour DVD / Blu Ray with a bit of extra exclusive content.

I think the camera work and the sound quality are not suitable for a high quality DVD or Blu Ray. I saw fan made multi cams shows more action packed than this video

2 minutes ago, jimmythegent said:

So much aimless and sloppy noodling from Slash, He has really regressed seemingly

I think he has been fine, really mostly the issue I have is the dry guitar mix.  You can play the best you have ever played but if the mix is dry and up front like that, nothing you do will sound amazing.  

I know that from experience

5 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

If that's the case then I could see them compiling the videos and finally releasing a NITL tour DVD / Blu Ray with a bit of extra exclusive content.

BS. If they do a BR release, it should be one full gig from one city. Otherwise they shouldn't even bother with it.

7 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

2 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I think the camera work and the sound quality are not suitable for a high quality DVD or Blu Ray. I saw fan made multi cams shows more action packed than this video

I agree, if they're going to do a DVD eventually then they really need to mix and edit them properly. What we saw today isn't going to cut it.

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That would be my number one choice.. The band sounded fucking amazing, Axl included.. Highlight of the tour right there

Out of likes but yes.

how is it that shows and clips shot on iPhones sound better? I guess its the vibe of the audience/ambience etc... these soundboards expose more of the sloppiness. Slash's tone in particular. There is also not the vibe one would expect of Guns. Hopefully new material will conjure something more vibey up

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jimmythegent said:

how is it that shows and clips shot on iPhones sound better? I guess its the vibe of the audience/ambience etc... these soundboards expose more of the sloppiness. Slash's tone in particular. There is also not the vibe one would expect of Guns. Hopefully new material will conjure something more vibey up

With this mix, it sounds like they literally just are putting the dry microphone recording in the mix.  Meaning, you aren't getting the natural sound of the room providing natural reverb, you aren't getting the "true" representation of the way the guitars actually will sound in person, and everyone's parts just won't have the "pop" that a proper mix will have

With dry mixes, every imperfection is amplified exponentially, especially when you take said signal and put it as the highest audio in the overall mix (Slash and Axl).  

If you took the Tokyo DVD's and had Slash's guitar just be the dry unprocessed signal like this, it would sound just as sloppy and bad as well.  

• Like 1

I don't think the issue is Slash's tone so much as the mix. There's no bass? The drums have no life to them. 

the f.

Cut to a static camera behind the audience.... baaaaaaah

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

I don't think the issue is Slash's tone so much as the mix. There's no bass? The drums have no life to them. 

the f.

1 minute ago, agustingloger said:

When Axl sings, the resto of the band is so low especially the guitars... But it wasn't always like this ?! 😂😂😂 Double talking jive sounds great b the way

Yeah needs more bass and drums and Slash needs to be higher in the mix the whole time, not just during the solos.