NITL live videos on youtube

I doubt they’re mixing/editing much of this stuff. Nor should they for something like this. I hope they do more 

There will be mistakes. It’s live and it’s GNR. Just like there were flubs 30 yrs ago. There will also be moments where it should remind us why we enjoy this band. That DTJ solo was great 

• Like 1

Folks complaining about the mix, this is about as raw of a mix as it gets. I have no idea if they even did any EQ at all. This might be just straight what came out of the board into the stadium speakers. They just wanted to put something out, by no means is this intended to be on par with a live album or DVD.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

Folks complaining about the mix, this is about as raw of a mix as it gets. I have no idea if they even did any EQ at all. This might be just straight what came out of the board into the stadium speakers. They just wanted to put something out, by no means is this intended to be on par with a live album or DVD.

this :headbang:

Credit where credit is due, I really enjoyed this!

Yes, I find it hilarious that they cut to the wide shot on most of the Axl closeups and the mix is a bit dry BUT getting some actual good quality footage of the tour makes up for that a hundred times over! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

I totally am glad they are doing something now, however I just definitely think that it should definitely be highlighted just to at least be aware of the limitations of a dry mix so we can all go into Rocket Queen and NR prepared for what a dry mix and high mixed 2019 Axl vocal on those songs will be like :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

I like it but god, so many fuck ups!!!! Why this and not another show? They did what, close to 200 gigs since the Troubadour? And the audience isn't there, it sounds empty

They could've done better for sure but I'll take it...

It’s taken off the soundboard, you wouldn’t hear much of the audience regardless of their reaction 

6 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

If that’s the case, why did it take so long to put out then? 

I hate to be one to complain when GN’R finally gives us something, but from the odd video editing (barely showing Axl), to odd audio mix (Slash/Axl loud, the rest of the band barely audible) I won’t be watching that again any time soon.

• GNFNR 1

Just now, WhazUp said:

I totally am glad they are doing something now, however I just definitely think that it should definitely be highlighted just to at least be aware of the limitations of a dry mix so we can all go into Rocket Queen and NR prepared for what a dry mix and high mixed 2019 Axl vocal on those songs will be like :lol:

We’ll see if they put those up. I highly doubt there’s a production budget on that level for these 

5 minutes ago, Ant said:

Is it really a big task to throw them to a sound engineer for a day to get them sounding more like an actual concert? For a multi-hundred million dollar enterprise?

I feel the same way! :D 

But.... it sounds like shit! Separate from the actual performance. I watch GNR vids all the time... I'll never watch this one again! Mission accomplished? Props for trying, I suppose!

Do you know how much it costs and the time it takes for a professional mix? You realize they won’t be making relatively anything off of it? 

Gonna guess the moment Fernando approaches Axl to pay someone to work on these, the project is dead in the water 

Edited by guitarpatch

5 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Do you know how much it costs and the time it takes for a professional mix? You realize they won’t be making relatively anything off of it? 

I don't have any idea! haha... but it's not like this is the reunion of Jet.

GNR is a bigger touring enterprise than Metallica, yet Metallica has seemingly dozens of great sounding full shows online. Anyway, they can invest what they want in their band... s'all good. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Gonna guess the moment Fernando approaches Axl to pay someone to work on these, the project is dead in the water 

You're really gonna make the profit argument after we got the numbers from NITL ???? C'mon now ... 

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

GNR definitely could have sent Caram the multis to mix it, hell even a quick mix that sounds decent wouldn't have been too time consuming.  If my roommate could fully mix a band's live concert during Quarantine for sync up to a video, I know that for a huge band like GNR, sending a dude a ProTools session for a quick "better than a dry board feed" mix would have been easy

I am glad we got something as GNR fans to have a communal experience over, but I think that imperfections don't have to be ignored just because we got it in the first place

If you want to go down the rabbit hole of Axl wanting to hear mixes and then giving notes, we’ll never hear anything again. That’s just my opinion. Nothing will be quick when that door is opened 

49 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

If you want to go down the rabbit hole of Axl wanting to hear mixes and then giving notes, we’ll never hear anything again. That’s just my opinion. Nothing will be quick when that door is opened 

Caram remixed the 2017 New York show for the Sirius broadcast  and it was an improvement over the original broadcast - that specific instance to me proves the capability is definitely there, plus Cram is pretty solid in terms of the quality of his mixes.  I really like his work with GNR

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

GNR definitely could have sent Caram the multis to mix it, hell even a quick mix that sounds decent wouldn't have been too time consuming.  If my roommate could fully mix a band's live concert during Quarantine for sync up to a video, I know that for a huge band like GNR, sending a dude a ProTools session for a quick "better than a dry board feed" mix would have been easy

I am glad we got something as GNR fans to have a communal experience over, but I think that imperfections don't have to be ignored just because we got it in the first place

Right, why not just send it to Caram? He could probably do it over the weekend. And I 100% agree with the bold part.

Just now, metallex78 said:

While the band won’t be making any money off it, whatever they put up on YouTube, especially their own channel, will be seen by hundreds of thousands of people, and those are the same people that will scratch their heads and say “wow, that sounds pretty shit, I don’t think I’ll bother seeing them next time they come through town”

And that’s why they should put effort into something like this that “doesn’t make them any money”, but it sure could cost them some in revenue loss from people who won’t go to a gig after seeing this footage 

Yes, and in any case wouldn't they want to have the best quality footage on their channel?

• Like 2