NITL live videos on youtube

5 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I think the camera work and the sound quality are not suitable for a high quality DVD or Blu Ray. I saw fan made multi cams shows more action packed than this video

Yes, I think it was Nightrain and it was just awesome. 

I really don’t want to complain but damn, they needed that long for THIS?! If this would have been an instant release at the very beginning of the worldwide quarantine, I would appreciate it.  But people are already leaving their houses again, at least in central Europe. Maybe they are speculating on this because the less people will see this 😉

51 minutes ago, jamillos said:

and there’s still that pestilence that the cameraman shows a guitarist’s right hand instead of the left one, which is entirely useless and idiotic. I thought these morons disappeared with the 90s TV, but apparently not. 

LOL. Absolutely this 😂

This is something I never understood. Even if you’re not a guitar player, or even an musician at all, it is so obvious that the left hand is the one where the action is and which should be focused on. 

• Like 2

We should be careful with sharing the links! The vengeful spirit of copyright claims may accidentally take down the official footage as well and for sure that is the only copy they have. The management will deny everything for real this time.

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

1) I am grateful for the video, and please keep it coming in any case. 
2) However, I am not impressed, at all. Sorry. I can understand it’s probably just the beginning, and you chose "safe" songs in terms of Axl’s voice. But the sound sucks, the camera/editing people would deserve a slap, and the video quality is ridiculous. Why am I not so surprised? 
TV pro-shots from years ago have a better audio quality than this! As for the camera/editing, we barely see Axl, and there’s still that pestilence that the cameraman shows a guitarist’s right hand instead of the left one, which is entirely useless and idiotic. I thought these morons disappeared with the 90s TV, but apparently not. 
I hope to god if they ever release a NITL dvd, it won’t be of this "professional" quality...

This is exactly how I would describe it. Love that it’s here, but the quality isn’t there. Keep working, maybe it gets better. 

My 3 cents..

1. Just 3 songs... really?

2. The mix makes them sound weak. Just watch the Wembley LALD Mtv pro shot, it sounds AMAZING, loud and feels like you're there... with technology from 1991.

3. The drumming...ffs :facepalm:

Edited by chinese stew
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chinese stew said:

My 3 cents..

1. Just 3 songs... really?

2. The mix makes them sound weak. Just watch the Wembley LALD Mtv pro shot, it sounds AMAZING, loud and feels like you're there... with technology from 1991.

3. The drumming...ffs :facepalm:

Yes, the 90's videos sound better and the video shots are quite better than this. But...

...love to see this material!!!

So after watching it 3 times, I'll give my 2 cents:

1. Axl - he sounded rough on ISE, but better on CD and DTJ.. as others already pointed out, he needs more screen time. Yes he doesn't look like in 1992 anymore but who cares.. Especially the 'fuck off' in ISE or when he's running around during DTJ, that's what fans want to see! 

2. Slash - I like his tone, it's not as good as it was during the Illusion tour, but I still thinks he sounds good.. His playing however is basically just noodling around, no structure, no phrasing, just a lot of notes played really fast.. His feeling seems to be gone when he's playing live

3. Richard - solid as always, I like him more than Slash during live shows, he's got the perfect mix between technique, fast playing and feel.. Should've been higher in the mix 

4. Frank - sounded fine to me, but I never complained about him, I like his style 

5. Duff - solid playing I imagine, should've been higher in the mix 

6. Dizzy & Melissa - Melissa sometimes audible during CD, otherwise you didn't really notice they were there 

7. Choice of show - interesting to start with a late 2019 show, but I think they might be going back in time, so they start with late 2019, maybe the next one will be from the beginning of the 2019 leg (I remember Charlotte and Jacksonville being two good shows) and the work their way through and finish with something from the Troubadour 

8. The mix - very dry, rhythm section was too low, Axl and Slash too high, Caram could've made it a bit more enjoyable with a real mix

So overall, it's a start, I'm glad they did, I'll watch it again I think

6,5/10 points

Edit: and they need to show the crowd more often, especially when they are better than this one

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 4

At it's core it's cool.

But I fuckin' HATE the way they mix GN'R these days, the guitar's are so dominant, Duff needs way more space in the mix to flesh it out if you're gonna make the guitars so trebly.

Probs gonna try and fan mix this myself to bring more low-mids in. 

DTJ Easily Mixed the best,  verses sound good.

Edited by SMG

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

By the same criteria, a lot of the Illusion tour bootlegs (Deer Creek for example) are ''poor'' also as they were just the same thing basically, a direct feed. 

True, but the main difference is that you could "see" Axl. Here, whenever he sings, they show the far away shots where you can actually see him on the giant screens...very bizarre editing.

Oklahoma and Chicago 92 had a more natural feeling I think. Here the whole video lacks dynamics (not to mention the silent crowd).

• Like 2

Good they are finally uploading stuff.

But boy what a lousy sound mix! Axl singing alright but he sounds like crap, that's not his fault, just a horrible mix. Slash is too dominant in the mix and the rhythm section is too soft and muddy with Richard being way too low in the mix. The whole thing needs definition, edge and zing.

If I had the seperate tracks for each song I could make a MUCH better mix than that without altering any of what was originally performed.

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

So after watching it 3 times, I'll give my 2 cents:

2.Slash - I like his tone, it's not as good as it was during the Illusion tour, but I still thinks he sounds good.. His playing however is basically just noodling around, no structure, no phrasing, just a lot of notes played really fast.. His feeling seems to be gone when he's playing live

Point 2 is a bit of an over-hyped myth on this forum.  The ISE outro, the solo's in CD and DTJ are all completely improvised solos anyways.  They change every night.

While Slash does tend to play a little faster these days, I think he tends to stick to the structure of the solo's, especially on the ballads.

I think the noodling thing started just because of This I Love.  Get the feeling Slash just doesn't like the song at all.

Overall though, Slash is the star of the show.  But the band is clearly Slash and Duff playing with Axl's band and the chemistry is a bit off as a result.  

There is no a single aspect which I genuinely liked about the video apart from the fact the it’s been finally released and the things are in motion now.

1. That would be a shame if they’ll ignore 2016 just because don’t want to look silly realising those videos only now. As the band was at its prime back then, I would rather listen most tracks from there plus some deep cuts from the following years. But I hope they just use 2017-2019 to fill the songs which Axl can sing in any state to create the visibility that they have covered all the years and more crucial performances will be taken from 2016.

2. No shots of Dizzy or Melissa (or did I missed them?) — are they in the band after all? Backing vocals and piano still play roles in given songs.

3. Not enough close ups at action moments — the experience feels too distant.

4. Too many shots from above the FOH, distant views — they are too static and useful only when pyrotechnics are in charge. Not great for arena shows.

5. No or low crowd noise — is it a live video or studio-live-Frankenstein? Return the audience! 

6. Transitions between songs were also a little lame — it is a live video from the same show, what’s the point of mini-intermissions? Use crowd shots, mix the audio and create a seamless experience.

7. Strange choice to use an arena show instead of a stadium one, as the latter is usually better for video Pro Shot. Hope they won’t choose a strategy to show songs which aren't on YouTube yet. I’m doubtful, that in the era of iPhones we’ve  not captured all the epic performances already. 

8. I’m not a sound engineer, so hard to tell objectively, but the sound also was not at its best. Okay, its a lossy YouTube track, but still it’s possible to make a good mixing with deep sound and all the instruments in charge. Sometimes, it felt like just Axl and Slash was in the mix. 

Glad to see the video after all and anticipate the next ones, but if they would be the same quality and not concert-wise, I’d rather return to fan-made pro-shots or first row videos. 

• Like 2