NITL live videos on youtube

I wouldn't call it a total disappointment, it's realy not as good as it should/could be, the overall appearances of that clip is debatabel, neither sound nor the video editing appears very professional.

Now some are blaming the band for it again. What should the "big3" have done for it to get it better? do the editing on themselfs? i doubt, they even saw it in advance?

That's something finally! Of course still waiting for new music but until then I'm happy with something like this. If there's coming more of that, like every week three songs, I'd be happy.

Edit: Not that noodling bullshit again :facepalm::lol: Should Slash play the NR solo during DTJ to make people happy?

They choose 3 rock n roll songs this time. Slash's solos were excellent on them.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, EricA said:

I wouldn't call it a total disappointment, it's realy not as good as it should/could be, the overall appearances of that clip is debatabel, neither sound nor the video editing appears very professional.

Now some are blaming the band for it again. What should the "big3" have done for it to get it better? do the editing on themselfs? i doubt, they even saw it in advance?

Cause it's their fucking band?? I doubt as well they saw it in advance and approved it, that's why it's shit and thats why they're to blame. 

• Like 2

Nah but they could hire a guy who could hire real professionals, ya know, like other bands do... At least someone who did the AfD dvd. Then again, these are just snippets, not an official DVD, so it's hard to say what we should really expect. It definitely could be better on all fronts though, like I've said before. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chinese stew said:

My 3 cents..

1. Just 3 songs... really?

2. The mix makes them sound weak. Just watch the Wembley LALD Mtv pro shot, it sounds AMAZING, loud and feels like you're there... with technology from 1991.

3. The drumming...ffs :facepalm:

Everything but point 3. 

The drumming, what is wrong with it? The best song of the 3 is where Frank lead it in DTJ, the rest Slash or Duff started far quicker than they should leaving frank no choice but to play fast with them... I guess they think it sounds good? Have they heard playback?

The problem is the whole band is sloppy, you can't blame the drummer for what we have in this video.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

All in all it's another disappointment, let's be honest.

Oh stop complaining. Nice to see I was proven right that there's people on here that would complain about anyhing.

37 minutes ago, EricA said:

Ofc it's not a 'total disappointment'. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Good to see people continue to move the goalposts ("Oh but muh mix/ editing/ drummming") .

If in 2014 you told this forum that in 2020

- Slash and Duff came back

- The setlist covers some of the most obscure deepcuts

- We get stuff from every GNR album + a VR song

- And now we're getting live footage for free streamed directly to youtube

They'd tell you you were a pie in the sky dreamer. Just goes to show once people get something they feel entitled to it and more.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Everything but point 3. 

The drumming, what is wrong with it? The best song of the 3 is where Frank lead it in DTJ, the rest Slash or Duff started far quicker than they should leaving frank no choice but to play fast with them... I guess they think it sounds good? Have they heard playback?

The problem is the whole band is sloppy, you can't blame the drummer for what we have in this video.

I'm with you. I don't see/hear what's wrong with Frank in this video. His snare drum is mixed horribly but that's not his fault.

He plays It's So Easy close to the vest and doesn't embellish it as much as he does some of the other Appetite stuff (I'm looking at you, Rocket Queen). Chinese is moot because he's the drummer of that anyways. DTJ was spot on. There were some rough versions of that during other tour stops but the entire rhythm section was dead on here.

4 hours ago, charliedont said:

Axl is going to be pissed when he finds out they released a version of Chinese Democracy that has 7 screw-ups in it... what a bizarre choice to release this version. 

Yeah that the real head scratcher for me.

Couldn't tell you the last time I heard them fllub CD and they pick this rare time it happens? Still sounds good just weird to choose it.

Part of me guesses they just directly sent the files to the editor (who doesn't know what CD sounded like) and so didn't hear the flub.

Otherwise makes no sense to release a version with a stumble in it.

7 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Antifragile by Nassim Taleb. Good book.

Guns is a fragile band. Axl for all his good traits, such as defense of the value of art, seems like a fragile human. 

360p upscale to 1080 with a bad mix and horrid transcode? Video editing where a year one student could do better? Treating Axl like the wizard of oz?

No interest in this band anymore. No balls.

CD was cool. Praise robin.

I’m done with GNR.

byyyeeeeee

The sound mix was awful yeah. Flat af. Also I can't believe they actually uploaded a 360p video. It's cool they are doing something but it's 2020 ffs this stuff is in no way difficult. 

I have no idea why they show us songs from 2019 when they want to hide Axl's body shape. That makes no sense.

In 2016 he had better body shape, his voice was much more stable and his hair was better. Why didn't they start with these concerts? You can save Troubador and LA Dodger Stadium for a possible Blu Ray in the future. All other concerts can used for YouTube the best performance of each songs but please: Only one song in one video! I see only advantages in uploading the best live performances of each song:

First: An average fan who is not intensively involved with Guns N 'Roses would rather click on a video with the title "Sweet Child O' Mine (Live ...." or "Welcome To The Jungle (Live ... " instead of "Guns N 'Roses - Not In Th .... " the title is too long to get interest. The name of the title should get to the point (!) only one song in a video. And maybe that fan decides "Hey sounds very cool, I have to experience the band live." The best advertisement to sell the tickets for the next tour.

Second: The hardcore fans get every song in the best possible performance on YouTube. No mojo that destroys Guns N 'Roses live experience. A band belongs on the stage. Please give fans incredible performances of every song, give fans "Locomotive", "Dead Horse", "Prostitute" the best "WTTJ", the best "TWAT", the best "Paradise City"

If you want to show us a Axl Rose in good condition. Then shows us an Axl in a good shape in 2016 or send him to a gym and vocal training.

Sorry for my bad english

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Oh stop complaining. Nice to see I was proven right that there's people on here that would complain about anyhing.

Ofc it's not a 'total disappointment'. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Good to see people continue to move the goalposts ("Oh but muh mix/ editing/ drummming") .

If in 2014 you told this forum that in 2020

- Slash and Duff came back

- The setlist covers some of the most obscure deepcuts

- We get stuff from every GNR album + a VR song

- And now we're getting live footage for free streamed directly to youtube

They'd tell you you were a pie in the sky dreamer. Just goes to show once people get something they feel entitled to it and more.

I honestly don’t what know what some people want. Now they want the band to pay Caram to mix these shows, that already essentially took a few weeks to get together. 

1. I’d hope Caram is busy with other stuff like mixing the record 

2. People would complain about how long it would take to get an approved mix out 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Everything but point 3. 

It's off obviously.

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Maybe none of the NITL Tour was professionally filmed.

Troubadour and LA Dodger Stadium were professionally filmed. LA Dodger Stadium had extra camera positions, 2 more camera cranes and a fuckin' helicopter with a camera.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chinese stew said:

It's off obviously.

it's not though.

People have a hate boner for frank because they can't accept any change from what they expect.

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I very much doubt the footage they have is 360p. 

Just increase the quality yourself.

They must be posting videos from different legs of the NITL tour. So it makes sense that the 3 songs picked from the more recent show were easiest on axls voice. When they post 2016 stuff, that’s when we’ll get Jungle, Paradise, etc... 

• Like 1