NITL live videos on youtube

26 minutes ago, Towelie said:

It's kinda sad how obviously insecure Axl must be to demand no closeups. 

From the fernando audio, he said that they only have 2 shots recorded for every show iirc, one is the wide shot angle and one shot close to the stage, so they probably don't have tons of footage to use. I always thought that what was shown on the video screens were recorded but I guess i was wrong

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

i hope he grow his hair back. It's not short, it's not long, his hair style has no name... it's just awful

Anytime I look at it all I hear in my head is, “C’mon gimme that booze you little pumpkin pie haircutted freak!”

19 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

From the fernando audio, he said that they only have 2 shots recorded for every show iirc, one is the wide shot angle and one shot close to the stage, so they probably don't have tons of footage to use. I always thought that what was shown on the video screens were recorded but I guess i was wrong

plk6UIT.jpg

the side screens tell a diffrent story

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Its really interesting reading the technical stuff on here,  I enjoy it and I am learning a lot.

Watching it over again I am warming to it and taking in the positives such as Axl's voice which gets a little better throughout.  Look forward to next weeks.

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, t-p-d-a said:

plk6UIT.jpg

the side screens tell a diffrent story

Yep, every time they use the wide shot you can see it’s to hide Axl’s belly.

He should either be happy within himself and own what he’s chosen to become or change his lifestyle. With his current mindset, this effectively rules out any lingering hope of a proper Blu-ray from the tour.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Watching it over again I am warming to it and taking in the positives such as Axl's voice which gets a little better throughout.  Look forward to next weeks.

I agree. One thing I noticed is that he sounds way better on Chinese Democracy than on the phone recordings we usually get. The ending was on point.

20 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I think it's not fair/likely to expect proshot DVD levels of production value as that's something they'd typically charge for. Although of course better would be better.

Full soundboards would be great. I'd love a soundboard of the show I went to at the very least.

I agree, I wouldn't be expecting 18 different camera angles and everything shot in 4k. I would expect the audio to be mixed much better though. 

Like the Metallica gigs aren't meant as DVD releases but as of 2016 they are not that far off the quality. This reminds of the videos Metallica put out 10yrs ago, but even then the mixes were still worked on more.

Edited by Tom2112

7 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Same, will be a nice little weekly tradition. 

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

I agree, I wouldn't be expecting 18 different camera angles a d everything shot in 4k. I would expect the audio to be mixed much better though. 

Like the Metallica gigs aren't meant as DVD releases but as of 2016 they are not that far of the quality. This reminds of the videos metallica put out 10yrs ago, but even then the mixed were still worked on more.

Just going to say it’s easier when you’ve set up the infrastructure to handle something like that.  Having people you want to work with and knowing they can handle the workload being an important factor 

They essentially put this together in a few weeks. From inception of thought to getting this out. They haven’t done really anything like this before. If they continue this type of content longterm, then you should expect for things to be done on a higher level 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jafeijo said:

I know this is a old one, but rewatching this recent show and a couple of old VR videos, Matt could really atenuate the fact that Axl's shot.

(And this is not coming from a #FireFrank guy, quite the opposite)

I'd like Brain back.

And Bucket too, but the latter probably will never happen. 

At least Richard seems to handle Bucket's parts well.

18 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Just going to say it’s easier when you’ve set up the infrastructure to handle something like that.  Having people you want to work with and knowing they can handle the workload being an important factor 

They essentially put this together in a few weeks. From inception of thought to getting this out. They haven’t done really anything like this before. If they continue this type of content longterm, then you should expect for things to be done on a higher level 

Absolutely this. Baby steps in the right direction. 

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching and I absolutely loved it! They picked three songs that the band sounds great on, including DTJ :drool:

And then I come here and the same people are bitching and moaning. No wonder there's no engagement from the band on this forum. I mean, everyone knows Axl's voice isn't what it used to be. But complaining about his voice or physical appearance over and over again is simply childish. 

• Like 2

Who the fuck mixed the audio??? The levels are distractingly uneven, the guitars aren't panned, the bass sounds like it has had a high pass filter at 200hz.  Drums are ok, but everything is flat, they need depth in there with either some reverb or blending in some mics that were positioned further back from the amps if they exist.

• Like 2

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/go9s4x/open_letter_to_fernando_with_an_open_mind_about/frer2ff/

I understand why Fernando prefers reddit, the vibe is just more positive.

Thanks for the note.

We are currently just picking shows at random; we will work through them all, believe me. If it gets positively engaged as it is now, we will continue to deliver.

Glad to see they're getting the positive feedback they deserve and that they are planning to roll out more :headbang: