NITL live videos on youtube

So much whining and toxicity about stupid things;

Axl's weight axl's hair n' bla bla like any of that even matters... the guy is almost 60 let the man look the way he pleases, if the weight is gonna harm him this aint the way to make it better.

I thought the community is supposed to be full of grown adults???

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/go9s4x/open_letter_to_fernando_with_an_open_mind_about/frer2ff/

I understand why Fernando prefers reddit, the vibe is just more positive.

Thanks for the note.

We are currently just picking shows at random; we will work through them all, believe me. If it gets positively engaged as it is now, we will continue to deliver.

Glad to see they're getting the positive feedback they deserve and that they are planning to roll out more :headbang:

It is deserved. Credit where credit is due because as far as Guns N' Roses goes this is a step in the right direction.

It doesn't mean that it's going to be immune to criticism though, especially on a fan forum full of diehards who are going to have varied opinions. You seem to be under the mistaken pretense that if someone says something even remotely negative that they are just trolling.

I admire your positivity and points of view towards the band, and to me it makes for a far more stimulating discussion when we can discuss the why/why nots.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

For all the "b-b-but it wasn't properly mastered audio! It's straight from the soundboard!" nerds - so was Chicago 1992 and Saskatoon 1993

They sound bad now, just admit it

but in the 90s they used analog technic... today it's digital... maybe thats the diffrence?

12 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Honestly just made me think of the old pro-shots from the UYI tour; audio is stereo, but the guitars aren't separated into either channel correctly, both kind of in the center. Not mixed, so instruments somewhat overshadow each other at certain portions. It's funny, if you're someone like me who loves bootlegged live shows, the crazy jumps in quality and variation amongst recordings. Saskatoon sounds better, in terms of the dynamic range and instrument levels, and it's from a 27 year old VHS tapes.

The Boston 2002 soundboard is pretty good, and yet ALL the Rock in Rio soundboard I've ever heard, no matter the artist, is just terrible. 

I enjoyed the songs though, can't wait for more

Rock in Rio is like that because TV mixing is a different world altogether than live mixing. They need to hire a good mixer for TV not for live shows if that makes any sense.

35 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

For all the "b-b-but it wasn't properly mastered audio! It's straight from the soundboard!" nerds - so was Chicago 1992 and Saskatoon 1993

They sound bad now, just admit it

quite the negative Nancy aren't you?

I'll stick with enjoying the proshot :lol:

11 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

So much fuzz for 15 mins. 

new releases as the weeks roll on.

• Like 1

Besides the very bizarre editing (apparently noting it is seen as "complaining" but whatever), the whole thing is actually pretty cool, especially Double Talkin' Jive. Its clearly Slash's show and why not, fans waited 15 years for him! ;) (if you count from Vegas/ Rio 2001)

Still, the no-Axl-close-up thing is just bizarre. And everyone would say the same with similar videos without basically the lead singer on screen, from Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam, the Stones or whatever.

Lets see the next round, if there's one, sounds interesting! :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crd26 said:

Could the vocals be overdubbed? Perhaps that is the reason for no close ups of Axl mouthing the words.

Then he wouldn't have messed up the lyrics in CD.

1 hour ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Who the fuck mixed the audio??? The levels are distractingly uneven, the guitars aren't panned, the bass sounds like it has had a high pass filter at 200hz.  Drums are ok, but everything is flat, they need depth in there with either some reverb or blending in some mics that were positioned further back from the amps if they exist.

👏👏👏

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I didn't really concentrate on Rose to tell you the truth, let alone his hair style or vocals. It was Slash's gig pure and simple. 

5 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

Glad to see the video after all and anticipate the next ones, but if they would be the same quality and not concert-wise, I’d rather return to fan-made pro-shots or first row videos. 

I'm kind of feeling the same way. Like those noise pollution videos, those sounded great even though it was just phone audio.

Do you guys remember the Coachella stream? I think it was wttj and NR. Those looked and sounded great, and that's what this one should've been like too. Good effort this time around but I would expect better from a band of this size.