NITL live videos on youtube

Just now, agustingloger said:

Why is not fair?! They've been touring since 2016 , 4 years already! And it took a world pandemic to release something and just 13 minutes! But we are talking about a man who took 20 years yo release an álbum.....

Metallica built a team and a process to handle their live video releases. It’s a big part of what they do. They have a system where it’s funded and have done it multiple times where they can turn things out quick or have stuff that’s been worked on over time

This was thrown together over the last few weeks from inception. Even if Guns wanted to throw this to Caram to remix, who’s to say his schedule was free? Who’s to say there was a budget to pay him? We used to drool over the prospect of more Pro Shot/Soundboard material. Here it is and now people want full production/mixes. Not saying it can’t be that in the future, but it’s a bit much to expect them to release something quickly that’s at that production level. Some here were concerned that it took more than a week to get something posted. People have lives and other projects.  I would hope Caram is working on the freakin record right now, and not getting bogged down with NITL vids

Maybe if they plan to do such things in the future like Metallica, that can happen because they can plan it out. It’s going to take an interest from places like here though for that to happen. 

55 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

This guy thinks this epic '93 performance is "messy" but loves the 2019 performance :question::question:

It's a bizarre double standard isn't it? They're allowed to criticize the 1993 line-up but god forbid someone does the same to the 2019 line-up. Imagine that. Having a different opinion!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Metallica built a team and a process to handle their live video releases. It’s a big part of what they do. They have a system where it’s funded and have done it multiple times where they can turn things out quick or have stuff that’s been worked on over time

This was thrown together over the last few weeks from inception. Even if Guns wanted to throw this to Caram to remix, who’s to say his schedule was free? Who’s to say there was a budget to pay him? We used to drool over the prospect of more Pro Shot/Soundboard material. Here it is and now people want full production/mixes. Not saying it can’t be that in the future, but it’s a bit much to expect them to release something quickly that’s at that production level. Some here were concerned that it took more than a week to get something posted. People have lives and other projects.  I would hope Caram is working on the freakin record right now, and not getting bogged down with NITL vids

Maybe if they plan to do such things in the future like Metallica, that can happen because they can plan it out. It’s going to take an interest from places like here though for that to happen. 

If Guns N Roses can't release something decent.... At this point i think You can't defend or justify this band anymore! I'm glad what we had since the reunion but it could be better

Why do you have a problem with a guy that enjoy 2019 performance?

I think it’s fine. Editing is kinda annoying and mix could be a lot better but I’m happy that finally we are getting something. I hope we will get some good 2016 performances.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

If Guns N Roses can't release something decent.... At this point i think You can't defend or justify this band anymore! I'm glad what we had since the reunion but it could be better

The band is releasing some Proshots on YouTube. You’re free to not like the performance or this incarnation of the band, but most of us would have been floored by that news at any point over the last 2 decades. You get the feeling the goalposts are being moved here 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

The band is releasing some Proshots on YouTube. You’re free to not like the performance or this incarnation of the band, but most of us would have been floored by that news at any point over the last 2 decades. You get the feeling the goalposts are being moved here 

For me 3 songs are not enough for a band like this! They have the money to pay for anything or anyone to do a decent job. 

4 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

For me 3 songs are not enough for a band like this! They have the money to pay for anything or anyone to do a decent job. 

They work with who they want. I’m sure they won’t work with just anyone or just pay anyone. That’s why things like a live archive would take more than 2 weeks to set up 

Edited by guitarpatch

Final verdict.. Watched it a couple times.. Enjoyed it but not good enough to share with people.. Weak show to pick from.. The "Dry" recording doesn't work for the band at this stage of the game. At least for this show anyway... Hopefully they get better with the videos and help you feel the whole live experience.. This didn't do that.. Not being nit picky either, go watch other bands shit.. Like the Metallica video posted earlier in this thread. . And that is 1 of 200 from them. 

They really shouldn't shy away from the old shit.. How about one night of the whole Ritz show remastered and unedited? That would be the easy way out but would still be awesome.. 

Melbourne 88... Felt Forum..... One of the last Argentina shows in 93..  

DTJ was the best of the bunch.. I hope someone crops the songs and uploads them

16 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

I think it’s fine. 

"Fine" but not awesome

23 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I think its the other way around on this forum lmao

Not from what I see. There's a select few who get their knickers in a knot every time someone says something even remotely negative about the current line-up. They get told they are wrong. Bizarre. I don't think opinions can be wrong.

19 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Not from what I see. There's a select few who get their knickers in a knot every time someone says something even remotely negative about the current line-up. They get told they are wrong. Bizarre. I don't think opinions can be wrong.

Ok well then you need to look at the  whole picture not when it fits your opinons

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Do you guys remember the Coachella stream? I think it was wttj and NR. Those looked and sounded great, and that's what this one should've been like too. Good effort this time around but I would expect better from a band of this size.

Yeah, I do! Actually, I even saved audio from Coachella pro-shots and keep it in iPhone for listening — they were mixed sound-wise with distinctive instruments and perfectly balanced crowd. And Nightrain from this show, which appeared later on SiriusXM, sounds perfect and is the best “Official” recording that we got from NITL. So, seems it depends on the venue — maybe festival teams are just more professional. 

Yet again, I’m not completely bitching the new release’s mixing...but it sounds like a video segment from a morning show. I think so anticipated live footage might have been treated better and produced to show all the mightiness of the band, not just to remind that they are still out there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UcudBmine said:

I'm watching it right now, but it's just not good. I really want to like it but man..

If you watch it and come to that conclusion you're just a nitpicker. No other way around it.

Is it the best performance or mix. No, not by a long shot.

Is it bad. Also no, also by a long shot.

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

If you watch it and come to that conclusion you're just a nitpicker. No other way around it.

Is it the best performance or mix. No, not by a long shot.

Is it bad. Also no, also by a long shot.

I wouldn't say that. I have no issue with the performance but the mix is actually bad.

2 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Take your rose covered glasses off imo Matt sounds very lethargic here.  Its sounds messy  and its all over the place given they were all drunk out of their minds and on the last show of the tour

This is live music at its best: improvised... the fact is rock n roll bands aren’t orchestras. I personally like a bit of the sloppy and drunken vibe to my rock. 

But the clip I posted sounded fine to me, neither of the things you described. 

different ears and different tastes. That 93 clip has edge, the one released yesterday is sterile to me in comparison. But I get that’s some people’s thing.. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Nah it's just not stellar.

I would say the mix is bad.  As a guitarist, I can hear tons of little imperfections and what is audibly perceived as sloppiness from Slash that would have been proper sounding and better sounding if the mix wasn't so dry, and if proper levels in instrument track balance was taken into account. 

Anyone who has compared dry soundboard mixes to properly mixed counterparts - be it their own band, or old Zeppelin bootlegs, or direct feeds of Alex Lifeson's dry guitar signal on Youtube, will be able to recognize the disservice a dry mix does to any instrumentalist or vocalist in the band.

Now that doesn't mean I am not glad we got the feed and that it wasn't fun to watch.  It was.  But I don't think that people are being overly nitpicky by calling the mix bad

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think I am a bit immune to Slash's mistakes. I actually would go as far to say I enjoy them. It is all part of his loose organic rock n' roll style. I see people criticising him here and think, ''who do they expect, Steve Vai?''. 

I think this might be the dividing line between the “old guns” and “new gnr “

Buckethead et al, were technically proficient and shredders. Slash is all emotion and melody it sounds to me.

Neil Young is another guy who’s solos walk on an Edge, Cobains were like that. The stones with Mick Taylor walked on the edge of sloppy as well as genius. Hendrix frequently tuned his guitar mid solo!! 

The reason Guns were so thrilling live back in the day and as a band was because of how good they were WHILE being fucked up. 
:lol:

Edited by Powderfinger

Wow, imagine being called out for having an opinion on a FORUM. 
It is great that they finally released something, but people can’t expect that it will please everybody. No matter what they do, there will always be some kind of criticism, there’s no need to get your panties in a bunch because other people don’t agree with you. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1