NITL live videos on youtube

So, I just watched the last DTJ from RIO and that was a much better video than this one.. High quality, could feel the vibe of the crowd and was a better overall performance on general.. Hopefully they can capture some of that in future videos..

50 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The users complaining about not saying anything negative are so pathetic. That's the majority of the thread JFC:facepalm: take alook around as well. The past 5 months were trashing the band and fernando every thread.

Jesus Christ

As pathetic as the users who only complain about those who complain? Circular argument. So what if most of the thread is negative? If it bothers you so much head over to the other forum where there is nothing but praise. I would just say the consensus is that a lot of people on this particular forum didn't like it. I personally saw a lot of people giving credit where credit is due, and yes some people didn't like it at all.

For example, you said yourself that the sound mix is bad. That's a constructive, but nevertheless negative, opinion isn't it? And I agree. It's bad, but I honestly give them credit for being willing to put out something so dry where mistakes will be more obvious and stand behind it.

But now I can think of at least one other user who is going to jump on this to "correct" my opinion that it's bad. I just don't know why some people get so personally bothered by what strangers say on the Internet.

If someone told me James Bond was the shittiest thing to happen to film I wouldn't whine about it. I'd be curious as to what they thought about it. I like differing viewpoints. I don't like Marvel movies. Gasp. Am I wrong?

That's why I find places like HTGTH dreadfully boring.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

23 minutes ago, James Bond said:

As pathetic as the users who only complain about those who complain? Circular argument. So what if most of the thread is negative? If it bothers you so much head over to the other forum where there is nothing but praise. I would just say the consensus is that a lot of people on this particular forum didn't like it. I personally saw a lot of people giving credit where credit is due, and yes some people didn't like it at all.

For example, you said yourself that the sound mix is bad. That's a constructive, but nevertheless negative, opinion isn't it? And I agree. It's bad, but I honestly give them credit for being willing to put out something so dry where mistakes will be more obvious and stand behind it.

But now I can think of at least one other user who is going to jump on this to "correct" my opinion that it's bad. I just don't know why some people get so personally bothered by what strangers say on the Internet.

If someone told me James Bond was the shittiest thing to happen to film I wouldn't whine about it. I'd be curious as to what they thought about it. I like differing viewpoints. I don't like Marvel movies. Gasp. Am I wrong?

That's why I find places like HTGTH dreadfully boring.

I have no issues with people complaining. I have issues with people crying about not getting what they want when its the thing they have been wanting for months and then act like they cant speak out.

It's like a kid having a temper tantrum about not getting a toy then when they get that toy they dont want it. 

Thats the diffrence.

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I have no issues with people complaining. I have issues with people crying about not getting what they want when its the thing they have been wanting for months and then act like they cant speak out.

It's like a kid having a temper tantrum about not getting a toy then when they get that toy they dont want it. 

Thats the diffrence.

That much I can agree with you, but I saw plenty of users who are typically very critical of the band giving Fernando credit for this. It wasn't entirely whiners.

Still, the people who aren't happy with this can continue to cry all they want and it doesn't bother me any. They don't have to like it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That much I can agree with you, but I saw plenty of users who are typically very critical of the band giving Fernando credit for this. It wasn't entirely whiners.

Still, the people who aren't happy with this can continue to cry all they want and it doesn't bother me any. They don't have to like it.

Exactly I think you just misunderstood me.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

One song.

Sailing.

I will never say a negative thing again, promise.

That is one of my all time favorite post-90s Axl moments ever.  That and the There Was A Time ending scream from Hammerstein 2006

Came here to see what everyone was saying about the NITL tour video being posted

Remembered why I stopped visiting GN'R forums. It ALWAYS devolves into "NO MY FAVORITE ERA OF THE BAND IS THE BEST! (BAND MEMBER) SUCKS HERE! (MY FAVORITE BAND MEMBER) IS THE SUPERIOR ONE!" 

Always. Without fail. 

16 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Came here to see what everyone was saying about the NITL tour video being posted

Remembered why I stopped visiting GN'R forums. It ALWAYS devolves into "NO MY FAVORITE ERA OF THE BAND IS THE BEST! (BAND MEMBER) SUCKS HERE! (MY FAVORITE BAND MEMBER) IS THE SUPERIOR ONE!" 

Always. Without fail. 

Hi

What would you have liked to see?

The way I interpret this thread is one of friendly discussion from folk who love this band and have done for a long time.  Just my take and I have found it interesting.

Edited by DurhamGirl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ant said:

The critical responses are fueled by an underlying massive love for GNR. Its just doesn’t sound good. This is music, so that’s an issue.

This is one of the richest, largest, most storied bands in history. People don’t have around this forum to hand out participation ribbons to Fernando. Props to him getting some points on the board, but pointing out this is the absolute floor of the potential of NITL media releases and quality is just the truth. 

Great post...

I am asking myself a few things:

How many views of this video in what time frame are sufficient for GNR/TB to post more stuff? (By the way, the answer to this question indicates for whom they post this stuff, for us the hardcore fanbase or the mainstream which they do call „fam“). 

Which songs/performances are left to post anything without Mickey and without showing the last average joe that Axl cannot sing anymore? Is that Houston gig really that good that it can compete with classic stuff from the golden era? I haven’t heard it yet.

The band obviously still lives from their glory days in the 80/90s. They even promote this by still (re)releasing vintage-style merch only, e.g. all their TShirts are about AFD/Lies/UYI only. That alone shows that everybody in GNR camp perfectly knows what people want, the hardcore fanbase as well as the mainstream. In fact even their only release since the reunion was a recording from the 80ies. They do absolutely know that its only the stuff from the past which sells tickets to this day (evidence: there isn’t anything else which could support ticket sales ... besides toytrucks and laundary bags). 

So why the heck don’t they just release topnotch footage from the glory days?! THIS is what everybody wants and what this whole reunion is all about. In addition, its all there. They have tons of footage which is ready to be released. Just drop it. You don’t even have to cut out Axl before.

It’s obvious that the only reason for not releasing the old stuff is that it would give little shine on the old band members. It’s embarrassing that this fact holds GNR away from what EVERYONE really wants, fans and „fuckin fam“.  

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

So, I just watched the last DTJ from RIO and that was a much better video than this one.. High quality, could feel the vibe of the crowd and was a better overall performance on general.. Hopefully they can capture some of that in future videos..

I'd always expect a South American crowd to have more vibe than Salt Lake City. 

RIO has much better camera work. The one on SLC was poor. Too many shots from Row Z. 

8 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

Yeah, I do! Actually, I even saved audio from Coachella pro-shots and keep it in iPhone for listening — they were mixed sound-wise with distinctive instruments and perfectly balanced crowd. And Nightrain from this show, which appeared later on SiriusXM, sounds perfect and is the best “Official” recording that we got from NITL. So, seems it depends on the venue — maybe festival teams are just more professional. 

Yet again, I’m not completely bitching the new release’s mixing...but it sounds like a video segment from a morning show. I think so anticipated live footage might have been treated better and produced to show all the mightiness of the band, not just to remind that they are still out there. 

That's how it should've sounded. Loud and punchy. Not like there's a blanket over the speaker. Almost sounds like there's a lot pass filter on the whole thing.

7 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

This is live music at its best: improvised... the fact is rock n roll bands aren’t orchestras. I personally like a bit of the sloppy and drunken vibe to my rock. 

But the clip I posted sounded fine to me, neither of the things you described. 

different ears and different tastes. That 93 clip has edge, the one released yesterday is sterile to me in comparison. But I get that’s some people’s thing.. 

What 1993 clip is this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Three months for Guns N' Roses to put out three live songs, while Powderfinger literally reunites for a virtual show that will begin in half an hour:

wow had no idea. Was never a big fan, but I went through a phase when living is Aus. I'll defo check this out, thanks.

• Like 1