9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Why would this be entitlement.?. As a fan ive long accepted no new material will surface and that GNR are purely a touring band. However like everyone else i REALLY want to be surprised.

I couldnt care if fernando does or doesnt deal with the online fan community. Why does fernando conduct doing interviews via reddit and not Nightrain, the bands own official fan club forum?. Plus if Fernando has to ask after all these years what the fans want then he doesnt know the GNR community or "fam" as he calls it.

Literally "complaints, complaints, complaints"

And then "bUt WHy WOnT tB dO wHAt i WANT"

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riot shields or bust.  

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this

4 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Literally "complaints, complaints, complaints"

And then "bUt WHy WOnT tB dO wHAt i WANT"

Your complaining about my post. So whos complaining?.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Creed said:

Man, you should have been here between 2003-2005. People got banned for critizing Axl.

I joined at the end of 2004, but at the time I was pretty much just getting heavily into Guns so I don't remember noticing. I was a wee lad just learning what it meant to be a fan!

When I put that in writing I can't believe it's been 16 years. I need to criticize myself. :lol:

I'm appreciative of the fact we got something other than shitty merch ideas and tour dates out of this band for once, but holy fuck is the mixing in the video abysmal.

Also very strange that Axl's clearly too insecure to have any close-up angles in the video.

14 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

If you watch it and come to that conclusion you're just a nitpicker. No other way around it.

Is it the best performance or mix. No, not by a long shot.

Is it bad. Also no, also by a long shot.

I'm not nitpicking. I've seen Axl in 2006, 2010, 2012 and 2016. This doesn't come close to any of the shows I've seen.

Also the mixing is pretty bad.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, D.. said:

Please... Vince Neil is one of the worst example you could take. 

Why not compare Axl to one of the best examples? Compared to Steven Tyler, Axl is doing very bad. And Steven Tyler is over 10 years older than Axl. He still looks great & sings great. Axl used to be on the same level.

The thing about Tyler is his singing voice is not forced/unnatural like Axl - Tyler has a higher speaking voice which helps him. Plus he is confirmed as having vocal surgery.

35 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Usually a good argument would take a source and use its rhetoric to make a point. What I posted was in fact a generalization of the attitude shown by some users who believe the band should be immune to criticism. It wasn't argumentative but an observation of the outlook shared by some, and not necessarily you in particular.

It's a common attitude among many Guns fans. Criticize the band? Oh, you're just entitled. Having a different opinion doesn't equal entitlement.

However if we go to your recent posts - you were called out for the irony of only complaining about people who complain. Instead of refuting or offering a different side, you've only managed to provide a meme picture and a Wikipedia link. Not the most stimulating discussion I'm afraid.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, James Bond said:

you were called out for the irony of only complaining about people who complain.

Is that irony? 

The idea of criticism being beyond critique is truly one of the weirdest ideas the internet has spawned. 

Much of the criticism just falls flat, with the mixing being the most appropriate target.

Yet even that is simply 'meh', I've heard far worse from the biggest festivals.

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Also very strange that Axl's clearly too insecure to have any close-up angles in the video.

He is obviously pretty sensitive about his appearance... You would think that would be motivation enough to get your shit together and get in shape.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

The thing about Tyler is his singing voice is not forced/unnatural like Axl - Tyler has a higher speaking voice which helps him. Plus he is confirmed as having vocal surgery.

Then Axl should sing more in his "speaking voice".. Use the the It's So Easy, Brownstone, Pretty Tied up voice more. A song like You Could Be Mine would sound different but better than it does now. 

• Like 3

Glad to see a shitty upload of 3 cliche songs from an average performance makes most of you this much excited and happy and twisted your opinion about 15+ years of management failure. good for you.

Now go buy his Children's book and Toy Truck. Guess that's what most of you deserve.

Fernando is more than enough for some of you folks. Enjoy.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Then Axl should sing more in his "speaking voice".. Use the the It's So Easy, Brownstone, Pretty Tied up voice more. A song like You Could Be Mine would sound different but better than it does now. 

I agree but it's a tough balancing act.

I'd love to hear Axl sing the songs with a lower voice that was easier for him to use but the casual public want to hear him using a high pitched vocal.

If they were to hear Axl "It's So Easy" his way through the set they'd be peeved.  

Just now, ©GnrPersia said:

Glad to see a shitty upload of 3 cliche songs from an average performance makes most of you this much excited and happy and twisted your opinion about 15+ years of management failure. good for you.

Now go buy his Children's book and Toy Truck. Guess that's what most of you deserve.

Are you ok? Want to talk about it?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Is that irony? 

The idea of criticism being beyond critique is truly one of the weirdest ideas the internet has spawned. 

Much of the criticism just falls flat, with the mixing being the most appropriate target.

Yet even that is simply 'meh', I've heard far worse from the biggest festivals.

Which is totally fine. You are welcome to that opinion. But everytime someone says the mix is bad you immediately quote them to say it isn't and infer that they are incorrect or exaggerating which appears to be simply because they don't agree with you.

"Bad" isn't necessarily an objective term, especially in casual conversation (unless you want to nitpick semantics). If I say "coffee with cream and sugar tastes bad" it is clearly my opinion and would suggest I don't like it. 

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say "I don't like the taste of coffee with cream and sugar" but the intended meaning is the same.

I'm not going to quote every person who says "black coffee is disgusting" and tell them they are wrong or exaggerating.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I agree but it's a tough balancing act.

I'd love to hear Axl sing the songs with a lower voice that was easier for him to use but the casual public want to hear him using a high pitched vocal.

If they were to hear Axl "It's So Easy" his way through the set they'd be peeved.  

I didn't mean fo r teh entire show. Just more often.. He could just save it for the songs he is good at and certain parts of the songs.. Like ISE, he used that screams sparingly and it is effective.. Save it for parts like that, the"don't forget my lawyer" part of YCBM, the screams on Live and Let Die, the end of Patience, Jungle...  He still sounds good with the "high pitched" voice on songs like Shadow and Out Ta Get Me.. It didn't mean the whole show. Just change up some of the songs he sounds really bad on. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

It’s a step in the right direction. Can’t it just be that? It could obviously be better, but that doesn’t negate the step they’ve took here. 

Doesn’t or hasn’t made up for anything in how they’ve treated fans. They’re now just doing something that’s the bare minimum. We’ll see how it goes from here 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't mean fo r teh entire show. Just more often.. He could just save it for the songs he is good at and certain parts of the songs.. Like ISE, he used that screams sparingly and it is effective.. Save it for parts like that, the"don't forget my lawyer" part of YCBM, the screams on Live and Let Die, the end of Patience, Jungle...  He still sounds good with the "high pitched" voice on songs like Shadow and Out Ta Get Me.. It didn't mean the whole show. Just change up some of the songs he sounds really bad on. 

Fair tbh. I agree that Axl should go back and relearn the songs, using a lower voice with peks of effort throughout hits/points of songs.

Like in live and let die, there's no reason for him to sing so high in the verses that he drifts into a 'thinner' voice. Yet he does it EVERY TIME.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

It’s a step in the right direction. Can’t it just be that? It could obviously be better, but that doesn’t negate the step they’ve took here. 

Doesn’t or hasn’t made up for anything in how they’ve treated fans. They’re now just doing something that’s the bare minimum. We’ll see how it goes from here 

This is a reasonable reply. thanks ^

• Like 2
1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Fair tbh. I agree that Axl should go back and relearn the songs, using a lower voice with peks of effort throughout hits/points of songs.

Like in live and let die, there's no reason for him to sing so high in the verses that he drifts into a 'thinner' voice. Yet he does it EVERY TIME.

There we go, man. Something we agree on. :lol:

I'd say he's guilty of the same thing is Estranged during the opening lines. Probably a couple others as well. He seems to straddle between that thinner high and his talking/low singing voice. He'd be totally fine to just sing it all low as he did way back when, and I think it would improve the overall sound of some of these songs if he did as you suggested.

The clips of Pretty Tied Up from the Mexico soundcheck sounded fantastic. He clearly went clean for the chorus but with the support from the backing vocals it was a smart approach. Take it easy when he can and relearn various peak points in other songs.

43 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I 100% agree mate. I’ve said that a while now - the setlist should be amended to cater to his current abilities. I keep meaning to cobble together a list which would sound good (IMO).

It would be a brave move to amend the voice on the big hitters (SCOM/NR etc) but at this point it’s necessary. Unless putting less strain on the voice over the course of a setlist/tour could mean he can push his voice more on those?

I agree that this NITL SELECTS is too little too late, although I hope it continues and turns into something cool. 

But I don't understand people saying that the mix is bad. This is exactly how NITL GNR sounds in person and has always sounded. Frank's drums are eq'ed terribly always and Slash's tone and playing has always been weirdly shreddy and dry/digital sounding. NITL GNR has always sounded like a completely different band from '88 or ' 92 Era guns. Whether it's in person, on YouTube or even raw tracks from IEM. 

• Gordon Comstock changed the title to NITL live videos on youtube
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic