NITL live videos on youtube

24 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Watching again and it's just so weird that I'm seeing Duff singing more than Axl & no close up on his ISE scream ?? I've never seen a GnR video like this 

It is bizarre! I know there was limited cameras, but still very surprising! when I saw them on that tour Axl was on the screens as much as Slash. It's not just here though, I have read loads of comments "Someone tell the editor that Slash isn't the lead singer" being the most common joke. 

For next time more Axl footage, better mix... preferably 2016😁

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

It is bizarre! I know there was limited cameras, but still very surprising! when I saw them on that tour Axl was on the screens as much as Slash. It's not just here though, I have read loads of comments "Someone tell the editor that Slash isn't the lead singer" being the most common joke. 

For next time more Axl footage, better mix... preferably 2016😁

Some of you need to get a grip on reality.

I always find reading these threads interesting as common sense tends to go out the door. 

So the fans are now controlling the cameraman, sound engineer, mixer and editor of the clips uploaded. Why not throw in controling the direction of wind and the moon at any given time while you are at it. 

Until some realise they cannot control what others do, or understand the concept of that's something out side of my control, they will never be content. 

Maybe all involved were simply doing there jobs and you as the fans had no involvement in that' job or control over that end product.

Why some of you get so court up in things you have no involvement in or control over, I simply don't get. 

Edited by kiwiguns

10 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

I always find reading these threads interesting as common sense tends to go out the door. 

So the fans are now controlling the cameraman, sound engineer, mixer and editor of the clips uploaded. Why not throw in controling the direction of wind and the moon at any given time while you are at it. 

Until some realise they cannot control what others do, or understand the concept of that's something out side of my control, they will never be content. 

Maybe all involved were simply doing there jobs and you as the fans had no involvement in that' job or control over that end product.

Why some of you get so court up in things you have no involvement in or control over I don't get. 

What in the shite are you on about? :lol:

"Why some of you get so court up in things you have no involvement in or control over I don't get." you're on a GNR forum, we talk about GNR... that includes mixes, peculiar decisions not to showcase the singer on camera and anything else under the GNR radar... If we can only discuss things we have control over, according to your standards! then this forum would be shut within the day... I think you're missing the point!:facepalm: When I said "Next time more Axl footage, and a better mix"  you obviously understood that as my personal letter to GNR management! you've been here a while, you do get how the internet works, right? ;)  

Such nonsense! I needed a laugh though:rofl-lol: 

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

Why some of you get so court up in things you have no involvement in or control over, I simply don't get. 

There is no plausible explanation for the filming of one of the biggest reunion tours of all time to be subpar to everything else in the industry, let alone the history of the band's recordings itself !!!! 

There's a lot of your type getting very vocal around here lately ... "YOU GET WHAT YOU GET SHUT UP LIKE IT OR LEAVE" 

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 8:13 PM, Ant said:

Bands aren't entitled to slavish praise just like fans aren't "entitled" to content. 

None of this is necessary and nobody is entitled to shit.

But how come Slash can pull this off?

But GUNS N' F'N ROSES can't.

22 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Killer performance.. Everything about that video blows away the videos Guns released the other night.. The quality.. The production... The performance... Slash's playing is so much better with those guys than with NITL.. I don't care what anyone says but I just don't hear any chemistry with Slash and Fortus... 

Amazing performance. Those guys are consistently great night after night and Fitzy blows Frank off the stage there. Much prefer Frank Sidoris' take on the Izzy solo as well. Also, apart from the few times where Frank's guitar isn't turned up that mix is really good, lots of drums and it doesn't sound like there's a blanket over the speakers. The video editing is great too, lots of good dynamic shots that really show the energy of the show. This is a great example of how a pro shot video should look/sound like.

21 hours ago, Creed said:

Cause there is no chemistry between them.

Gilby was the perfect live match for Slash. 

It's like skin n bones acoustic set all over again. Love seeing Gilby and Slash together. I 100% agree with your statement but Frank Sidoris is also a good live match for him.

• Like 2

And that Moshcam show mix wasn't perfect either, Slash's channel was panned Left instead of Right and Frank's guitar was way too quiet. Despite that it's still superior to the official GNR live footage release and the band and it's production is like 100 times smaller.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

With all due respect though, I don't think I have seen you make a single post on here that is actually about GNR, and not berating the fan base lol

So let me ask you:  why get so court up in things you have no control over?  You seem more into trying to tongue-lash the fanbase and control posts rather than discussing the actual videos premiered on Youtube lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

And that Moshcam show mix wasn't perfect either, Slash's channel was panned Left instead of Right and Frank's guitar was way too quiet. Despite that it's still superior to the official GNR live footage release and the band and it's production is like 100 times smaller.

That mix was 100x better than this GnR one though. There's a lot more energy in it.

• Like 1

Slash is having much more fun playing with SMKC, that's true. I think many people haven't really noticed the 2019 SMKC DVD release, I love the way audio was captured, it feels like you are there while watching. The combination of Fitz, Kerns and Sidoris simply blows away actual GNR in AppetiteFD repertoire.

And acoustic 'Civil War' from 2012, just close your eyes and listen to the band. Atmosphere they create is exactly what about this song is. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Watching again and it's just so weird that I'm seeing Duff singing more than Axl & no close up on his ISE scream ?? I've never seen a GnR video like this 

I agree. Initially thought axl screened the video and used shots that didn't have him in it. I thought the rule of videos was to show video footage of the focual point in that moment, however, the lead singer is rarely seen in major focual points of the songs. 

In short, the ambivalence is strong with this one, and I don’t think dwelling in just one of the extremes could be justified. In this overall lack of any official material, we surely are, or sort of should be, glad for anything; and I suppose we are – I am. 
However, it’s heavily subpar in general. We could expect so much more (insert any comparison with bands like the often mentioned Metallica etc.). And yet for some reason, this has the "TB substandard" written all over it. Just why? What is it with this band and its management that renders pretty much everything constantly difficult? Why can’t they arrange shit like the others do? It’s been already said that the mystery/mystique crap just doesn’t work anymore, not with this lack of... everything (but gigs). It was kinda cool in 2002. It’s 2020 now. Did they confuse the numbers? 
For once I would love to have something of a fucking A-quality, something to really enjoy and maybe even be proud of, as a fan. The last thing that came close was in the realm of bootlegs though (namely Saskatoon 93), and that’s the problem. You want awesome content? Go rogue, since there’s no chance you’re getting any with the current public affairs team. I’d never believe I’d say this, but the band does need some big, independent manager, like they used to have before the whole Lebeis anabasis started. Those managers might have made some mess, but at least today they would push towards proper merchandize and footage that would sell – i.e. a win-win situation. 

The worst case scenario is: Well guys! The pandemic seems to be over, so since you missed us during those few months, we’ll play some greatest hits for you tonight, to cheer you up. Oh and we didn’t really have much time – or let’s say opportunity – to do a lot of work on the new record, due to the isolation, you know. But rest assured ideas are being thrown around, they guys have been working very hard, and we all want to do it, things are in motion...

Damn, I seem to be gradually shifting to the darker side of the forum mood...! 

• Like 4

On 22.05.2020 at 6:52 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Then he wouldn't have messed up the lyrics in CD

Well, frankly he did’t messed up as during the whole NITL he changed the second lines of 1st and 6th verses to “Guess I‘ll keep it to myself”, so he was right on his own terms if we are talking about this case. Also I re-listened and didn’t find other deviations from the original lyrics.   

Edited by nikothebellic

10 hours ago, thomasmcole said:

Again, playing a few deepcuts is the only interesting thing this lineup has done in the last 4 years. Imagine telling a fan that by 2020 the only thing to come of the reunion is a few deepcuts and there's still no news on any new music, still no band interview or communication, and now touring the same cities for the umpteenth time with basically the same setlist apart from a few deepcuts. 

Played a tonne of deepcuts (including some absolute fa favs which haven't been played in decades), released a 'new' single (whole other conversation) and played some of their best covers. Couldn't really ask or more (new music aside).

Personally I'm not that fussed for new music (and I love CD). It's just not going to make much of a dent in the setlist over the classic material that people actually want to hear. Will I listen to it when it comes out (and most probably like it) of course but I won't be pulling my hair out to hear it.

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

We'd have to wait until somebody posts that list on reddit, apparently :lol:

That's already been done lol.   

They've said they're just picking shows at random so we'll have to see what they pick next.

Would be cool to get some of Vegas 2016 of some 2017 shows (2017 gets slept on here).

Might get a 'hit' song on this weeks one?              

I think the band was at its best in July/August 2016 - Axl was between AC/DC tours and was finally mobile again

I'm listening back to some of those shows, and the final show of that stint was San Diego in August, and Axl's voice was great at that point

5 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I think the band was at its best in July/August 2016 - Axl was between AC/DC tours and was finally mobile again

I'm listening back to some of those shows, and the final show of that stint was San Diego in August, and Axl's voice was great at that point

What do you think of the Foxboro shows? Foxboro night 1 was my first Guns Concert and it was so cool. I was also at the show  in Hartford where the played Prostitute first time. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Since I don't have you... it's a cover, but one of my all time favourite Guns moments! I would love if they just did it every once in a while, OR if Axl played it before NV solo on Piano! there is definitely room for an Axl on piano solo moment... and towards the end Slash coming out and playing the solo on top of the piano... a guy can dream 🤣

How opinions can differ.

Since I Don't Have You is one of the weakest songs of the classic band in my opinion.

There are even a lot of CD songs that I would rate higher than that.

just listening to its so easy live video

and I thought I had to share my views on this

it sounds so extremely flat and artificial this mix... just awful

heavily cut EQ thresholds, gain, distortion all so messed up

slash sounds like he plugged the guitar directly into my ear with no reverb whatsoever...

you can hear every single licking mistake

unbelievable this bands management...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Since I don't have you... it's a cover, but one of my all time favourite Guns moments! I would love if they just did it every once in a while, OR if Axl played it before NV solo on Piano! there is definitely room for an Axl on piano solo moment... and towards the end Slash coming out and playing the solo on top of the piano... a guy can dream 🤣

Since is also one of my favourites - criminal that (and many others from Spaghetti) have been ignored for BHS and The Seeker for so long.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Since is also one of my favourites - criminal that (and many others from Spaghetti) have been ignored for BHS and The Seeker for so long.

Hair of the dog, Black leather would be the next on my list. Buick Makane would probably suit this line up really well too!

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

How opinions can differ.

Since I Don't Have You is one of the weakest songs of the classic band in my opinion.

There are even a lot of CD songs that I would rate higher than that.

Ha! What's your favourite from that album? I just love Axls vocal on that song.

11 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Slash is having much more fun playing with SMKC, that's true. I think many people haven't really noticed the 2019 SMKC DVD release, I love the way audio was captured, it feels like you are there while watching. The combination of Fitz, Kerns and Sidoris simply blows away actual GNR in AppetiteFD repertoire.

And acoustic 'Civil War' from 2012, just close your eyes and listen to the band. Atmosphere they create is exactly what about this song is. Click -> Civil War 2012

Wow that's sick I never saw that. 

Frank really seems to be channeling the original Izzy recording even more than he did in earlier tours -- even has a Tele! That's the contrast you want. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ha! What's your favourite from that album? I just love Axls vocal on that song.

Oh my favourites are Ain't It Fun and Raw Power. Raw Power for its dynamic and energy and AIF is just overall perfect. Axl's great, Slash's great, Matt's great, the production, the sound... I don't know, everything.

• Like 1