NITL live videos on youtube

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Its not just fan interest, its the whole representation of a band as a whole. You promise us something and set it up like a TV show thats going to get multiple episodes? Ok, we will treat it as such. I feel like you think people really loved those videos and need more... i liked some parts of the videos, but I can tell you this: if theres no new video by the end of the Week, for me its like everything they did was for nothing. How can you start hype and let it die down?

its the principal of the thing..

Yeah no we're on the same page. 

What I mean is, given the poor track record of GNR with fan relations and media releases, I'm just surprised the forum still floods with people when new stuff manages to trickle out. Surprised they haven't exhausted the good will of more casual fans.

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I dunno man.. It was cool they did it but it wasn't a very exciting performance or effort.  It didn't really capture any of the the live energy.. The shows are usually exploding during It's So Easy and the video didn't capture that at all.  They picked the show with the lamest crowd ever which didn't help.. The whole thing was just kind of mehhh. Like many things, other bands just do it better.  Most  fan cell phone vids are more exciting than what they produced..

DTJ was the highlight but I would still rather watch Tokyo 92 or Argentina 93....

Yeah totally agree, you would swear you were watching the unknown support band. 

They could have picked any number of gigs to show the energy of their show. Best bet would have been to kick it off with either a SA show or something from Europe, the American audiences are a lot more restrained for whatever reason. 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I dunno man.. It was cool they did it but it wasn't a very exciting performance or effort.  It didn't really capture any of the the live energy.. The shows are usually exploding during It's So Easy and the video didn't capture that at all.  They picked the show with the lamest crowd ever which didn't help.. The whole thing was just kind of mehhh. Like many things, other bands just do it better.  Most  fan cell phone vids are more exciting than what they produced..

DTJ was the highlight but I would still rather watch Tokyo 92 or Argentina 93....

As an optimistic viewpoint this performance gave them a stepping stone and lots of different directions they could go. Will they always do 3 songs? What year will they choose? Will they go in "setlist" order? Will they include anything with guests such as Adler or Dave Grohl or Angus? Will they do some of the deeper/cut/less played songs such as Locomotive and My Michelle? 

While there wasn't a video this week (and honestly I wasn't expecting one) I think it was a good first start and am curious to see how it turns out in the end

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

As an optimistic viewpoint this performance gave them a stepping stone and lots of different directions they could go. Will they always do 3 songs? What year will they choose? Will they go in "setlist" order? Will they include anything with guests such as Adler or Dave Grohl or Angus? Will they do some of the deeper/cut/less played songs such as Locomotive and My Michelle? 

While there wasn't a video this week (and honestly I wasn't expecting one) I think it was a good first start and am curious to see how it turns out in the end

You might get Michelle, don't think there's any chance of Locomotive, if Axl won't show his belly then he definitely won't want to show himself gassed out 'trying' to sing Locomotive. You might get Adler, I wouldn't see the point of including Grohl or Pink or any of the other guests though... they should be keeping it focussed on the best performances

Optimism and GNR just doesn't work, and I was an optimistic GNR fan for a good 10-15yrs during that time we did get CD... which definitely helped things, but we also got all the thing sthat happened and didn't happen after the release namely - no promotion, some awful live shows from 2011 onwards, and false promises about new albums'.

I'll be honest, if the next video is of the same production quality as the first one then I honestly couldn't care less if they release it or not.

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'll be honest, if the next video is of the same production quality as the first one then I honestly couldn't care less if they release it or not.

Even in that quality, I'd be happy with a 2016 show. People would 'remaster' it at some point anyway...

But yea if it's the same quality as the first video, what's taking them so long? Do they have to wait until the moment is *just right* to get Axl's approval? Or maybe instead of cutting out the shots with Axl, they're trying to CGI him back into his '90s body. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Even in that quality, I'd be happy with a 2016 show. People would 'remaster' it at some point anyway...

But yea if it's the same quality as the first video, what's taking them so long? Do they have to wait until the moment is *just right* to get Axl's approval? Or maybe instead of cutting out the shots with Axl, they're trying to CGI him back into his '90s body. :lol:

Not sure if CGI technology is there yet :D 

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Jungle from the Apollo would be a phenomenal performance to select. Some great pro shot footage that also is done in away to represent the energy of the crowd..  

I think Fernando said they can choose material from every show GNR played except from the Apollo gig

You guys seriously expected a weekly basis? Nothing in the GNR world apart from gigs has ever been done on a weekly basis.

Besides, it takes some time to cut out all Axl close-ups from all the footage, doesn’t it? Give them some time, man!

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I think Fernando said they can choose material from every show GNR played except from the Apollo gig

I wonder why? I know it was a Sirius thing but would have thought GNR would still hold ultimate approval on what they do with the material?

I was just thinking about the Apollo gig - with there being a version mixed by Caram, we actually have as close to an official Live album of the NITL tour.

9 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I wonder why? I know it was a Sirius thing but would have thought GNR would still hold ultimate approval on what they do with the material?

I was just thinking about the Apollo gig - with there being a version mixed by Caram, we actually have as close to an official Live album of the NITL tour.

Apollo wasn't filmed. There was no cameras

Really glad that these steps are being taken with regards to releasing anything noteworthy. I just feel like if I was in their position, I would want this to be done with as much care and passion as possible. They haven't been direct with saying if this is a one-off, or a reoccuring thing, which is just a weird thing to do. Also, I don't know if they record each isolated track during the shows, but this sounds like a direct IEM-rip, which by these standards isn't the worst thing in the world. It could use some panning and EQ-ing if post-show mixing isn't an option. It's weird to see them have countless options on the table, yet seemingly choose to make the very least of their potential.

I've been to a show and seen the screens, and I am sure that these aren't filmed in 360p. I'm not sure why a large portion of everything looks like it's upscaled from a low resolution.

As I said, I'm glad that these steps are being taken, but it feels like they're taking them because of a feeling of obligation rather than a feeling of passion and desire. The same old story :/ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Apollo wasn't filmed. There was no cameras

Sorry mate - I was thinking out loud!! My point was more that people are rightly hacked off at a lack of audio/video material and I had thought actually, Apollo 17 is pretty much a NITL live album made all the more ‘official’ by the fact Caram remixed it. All other leaks etc are IEM etc.

Hope that makes more sense 😂.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Watching the Zeppelin reunion gig right now (which has been made free to view on YouTube for a limited time) reminds you just how much better GN'R could have done this.. in more ways than 1

Robert had Axl's current age at that time. Crazy when you think about it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

23 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Robert Plant was everything he was in his hey day during Celebration Day and that goes a long bloody way in hindsight

I think what helped was tuning down the instruments - I’m sure I read Page/JPJ has guitars built. As opposed to just ‘tuning existing guitar strings down’ like the rest of us.

An argument to be made for GNR doing the same....

• Like 1

Just now, SAU3R said:

Robert Plant knows perfectly what his voice is capable of these days, that's why he adapts the song arrangements which results in him sounding still good, after 50 years

Exactly - which is what Axl/GNR should be doing

• Like 1