NITL live videos on youtube

On 5/31/2020 at 5:21 AM, DTJ80 said:

I think what helped was tuning down the instruments - I’m sure I read Page/JPJ has guitars built. As opposed to just ‘tuning existing guitar strings down’ like the rest of us.

An argument to be made for GNR doing the same....

I’ve been saying for years now that it’s time for GnR to tune down to D, or even C!

From Blabbermouth: METALLICA has posted another video as part of its new concert series, "#MetallicaMondays", where the band is streaming a complete live show for fans on the group's YouTube channel and on Facebook every week. The latest concert to be shared was recorded on January 2, 1997 at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The audio includes two soundboard sources — the second, superior source doesn't kick in until two-thirds of the way through "Whiplash".

Just saying. Comparing. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, jamillos said:

From Blabbermouth: METALLICA has posted another video as part of its new concert series, "#MetallicaMondays", where the band is streaming a complete live show for fans on the group's YouTube channel and on Facebook every week. The latest concert to be shared was recorded on January 2, 1997 at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The audio includes two soundboard sources — the second, superior source doesn't kick in until two-thirds of the way through "Whiplash".

Just saying. Comparing. 

My mondays are getting more and more sad because every Metallica monday I try to compare these two bands. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

My mondays are getting more and more sad because every Metallica monday I try to compare these two bands. 

And every Monday, Metallica come out on top. Shit, even before #metallicamondays, Metallica were still on top.

Still, it’s all too hard for GN’R... :facepalm:

• Like 2

On 5/31/2020 at 4:52 AM, James Bond said:

Page's riffs just sound so badass tuned down. It can be a little jarring at first, but it definitely works. Good Times, Bad Times in D sounds pretty mean when they rip into it.

I agree - even Dazed and Confused turned from a blistering blues rock song to a menacing growler with everything tuned down and Robert changing the vocal melody a bit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metallex78 said:

And every Monday, Metallica come out on top. Shit, even before #metallicamondays, Metallica were still on top.

Still, it’s all too hard for GN’R... :facepalm:

Yep metallica are more fan friendly than GNR could ever hope to be. Back in the early 90s these bands were neck and neck in terms of popularity.

While metallica are uploading previous shows for their fans, GNR are still in lockdown playing jigsaw puzzles. I wish metallica would upload a show from one of their Australian tours, either 93 or 2010 tour!.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

With all of the racial unrest going on right now, how great would it be if Guns got together and did a special live performance of Madagascar? That song currently hits home. Imagine during the quotes section if they showed a montage of the protests? 

That’s a good shout actually - even a stand-alone live performance from an older gig.

• GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

todays videos should be Welcome to the Jungle, Madagascar and Civil War... 

Can't wait :popcorn: I wonder if I'll have to stay up tonight again like I did two weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Where did you guys get the impression that this would be a weekly-basis thing? :lol:

"Not in this lifetime selects START today..." and Fernando's wording made it seem like it wouldn't be just one video. Hell, they themselves have set it up to where it shouldn't be just one video, but a series of 'selects' from different shows across the tour..

But as we all know, its already probably been forgotten about in favor of a new ploy to make a new t-shirt they can profit off of, but trying not to come off as racist while doing it... 

Edited by KeyserSoze

19 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

"Not in this lifetime selects START today..." and Fernando's wording made it seem like it wouldn't be just one video. Hell, they themselves have set it up to where it shouldn't be just one video, but a series of 'selects' from different shows across the tour..

But as we all know, its already probably been forgotten about in favor of a new ploy to make a new t-shirt they can profit off of, but trying not to come off as racist while doing it... 

No I think that would be the other extreme. I definitely believe there'll be more, just not every week ...as we can see. Maybe once a month or so? 

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

No I think that would be the other extreme. I definitely believe there'll be more, just not every week ...as we can see. Maybe once a month or so? 

3 songs once a month, jeez don't kill them! That's an awful lot of work!😄

1 minute ago, SAU3R said:

That would be absolutely ridiculous... Then just let it be 

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

3 songs once a month, jeez don't kill them! That's an awful lot of work!😄

Yea but you know, better than nothing, right. 

Edited by jamillos