NITL live videos on youtube

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yea but you know, better than nothing, right. 

Ah yeah, but it's not better than what was alluded to. Why cut them slack on this? It would be different if normally they follow through on things and this was an anomaly... but this is business as usual. AND had Fernando not suggested such ideas, then nobody would be disappointed. Easiest thing to do was say "I don't think it's going to be a released at the same time every week type of thing, but we will be putting out content!". One way or the other his words (or lack of)  have led a lot of us to believe this was supposed to be a regular thing. 

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ah yeah, but it's not better than what was alluded to. Why cut them slack on this? It would be different if normally they follow through on things and this was an anomaly... but this is business as usual. AND had Fernando not suggested such ideas, then nobody would be disappointed. Easiest thing to do was say "I don't think it's going to be a released at the same time every week type of thing, but we will be putting out content!". One way or the other his words (or lack of)  have led a lot of us to believe this was supposed to be a regular thing. 

Well I agree, I'm definitely not on his side. Everything regarding this so far has the TB sloppiness written all over it. Like you say, business as usual... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jamillos said:

Well I agree, I'm definitely not on his side. Everything regarding this so far has the TB sloppiness written all over it. Like you say, business as usual... 

It would be fitting if they released something great now just to shut us up! But that is never going to happen with this disaster of a band.

It really highlights their inability to manage though. This is one relatively straight forward thing, and they can't organise themselves enough to make sure at least one person in their team is overseeing it that A. It's a quality release 2. It comes out on time.

It's an embarrassment, and that is why I have no belief in Fernando as a manager. He can twist this all he wants, but end of the day he now has the footage and audio, so he is in charge and he has dropped the ball. 

Yeah, Fernandid is becoming Fernandon't again. It is not that hard to edit and release three songs per week. Especially since they weren't doing a lot of mixing or processing on the video anyway. Let's hope that there's more coming. I think the first one got a decent amount of views (471k at the moment) and pretty good feedback on Youtube. There's no need to stop that momentum

21 hours ago, feli1269 said:

This INXS restoration is fuckin awesome. The video shows the original release vs restoration. Amazing work

Just imagine GNR footage in this quality...

That's... really f'n cool.

Fuck man how is the original Tokyo '92 still the best quality concert for this band... it comparatively sounds and looks like absolute trash at this point. 

WHAT ARE WE DOING PEOPLE

AHHHH

Edited by Ant

Universal last year partnered with Youtube to remaster all their music videos themselves, instead of wait for the artists to make any movement.

Some are just the SD tapes scanned in HD, just like happened with GNR videos some time ago.

Some are legit 4K scans of original film negatives. Other labels and artists started doing it too. Just search ''4k 80s music videos'', ''4k 90s music videos'' to see a lot of them.

And we know GnR do have some original negatives preserved, so i really hope we get something in the future. Unless GNR really wants to punish all the fanbase and will not let anyone remaster anything.

There are even some leaks happening now.

Imagine if something like this leaked from GNR...

Alternate cut of the A-HA video in 35mm.

Edited by Rickodez

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Watching that INXS video has helped me to realize just how challenging these restorations are. They require A LOT of effort. And for that reason alone, I don’t think we will ever see a release of all the UYI footage, sadly...

I’d argue @FRANSAD does a great job. Imagine what he/she could do if given the source materials?!

• Like 3