Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yeah they did. and the video is from 1997, but the video and audio quality some how are better than GNR’s from 2019.

 

this begs the question: which mormons were better, GNR’s or Metallicas? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Riot shields or bust.  

Cant beleive its taken the band 3 months to do this, and Fernando only agreeing to do something like this when told to him directly by the fans. If GNR want to look at being a top tier band this

42 minutes ago, jamillos said:

From Blabbermouth: METALLICA has posted another video as part of its new concert series, "#MetallicaMondays", where the band is streaming a complete live show for fans on the group's YouTube channel and on Facebook every week. The latest concert to be shared was recorded on January 2, 1997 at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The audio includes two soundboard sources — the second, superior source doesn't kick in until two-thirds of the way through "Whiplash".

Just saying. Comparing. 

My mondays are getting more and more sad because every Metallica monday I try to compare these two bands. 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

My mondays are getting more and more sad because every Metallica monday I try to compare these two bands. 

And every Monday, Metallica come out on top. Shit, even before #metallicamondays, Metallica were still on top.

Still, it’s all too hard for GN’R... :facepalm:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 4:52 AM, James Bond said:

Page's riffs just sound so badass tuned down. It can be a little jarring at first, but it definitely works. Good Times, Bad Times in D sounds pretty mean when they rip into it.

I agree - even Dazed and Confused turned from a blistering blues rock song to a menacing growler with everything tuned down and Robert changing the vocal melody a bit

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, metallex78 said:

And every Monday, Metallica come out on top. Shit, even before #metallicamondays, Metallica were still on top.

Still, it’s all too hard for GN’R... :facepalm:

Yep metallica are more fan friendly than GNR could ever hope to be. Back in the early 90s these bands were neck and neck in terms of popularity.

While metallica are uploading previous shows for their fans, GNR are still in lockdown playing jigsaw puzzles. I wish metallica would upload a show from one of their Australian tours, either 93 or 2010 tour!.

 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With all of the racial unrest going on right now, how great would it be if Guns got together and did a special live performance of Madagascar? That song currently hits home. Imagine during the quotes section if they showed a montage of the protests? 

  • GNFNR 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

With all of the racial unrest going on right now, how great would it be if Guns got together and did a special live performance of Madagascar? That song currently hits home. Imagine during the quotes section if they showed a montage of the protests? 

That’s a good shout actually - even a stand-alone live performance from an older gig.

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

todays videos should be Welcome to the Jungle, Madagascar and Civil War... 

Can't wait :popcorn: I wonder if I'll have to stay up tonight again like I did two weeks ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Where did you guys get the impression that this would be a weekly-basis thing? :lol:

"Not in this lifetime selects START today..." and Fernando's wording made it seem like it wouldn't be just one video. Hell, they themselves have set it up to where it shouldn't be just one video, but a series of 'selects' from different shows across the tour..

But as we all know, its already probably been forgotten about in favor of a new ploy to make a new t-shirt they can profit off of, but trying not to come off as racist while doing it... 

Edited by KeyserSoze
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Where did you guys get the impression that this would be a weekly-basis thing? :lol:

Hahahaha its already been 14 days since the first and only one, so I think nothing will happen today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

"Not in this lifetime selects START today..." and Fernando's wording made it seem like it wouldn't be just one video. Hell, they themselves have set it up to where it shouldn't be just one video, but a series of 'selects' from different shows across the tour..

But as we all know, its already probably been forgotten about in favor of a new ploy to make a new t-shirt they can profit off of, but trying not to come off as racist while doing it... 


No I think that would be the other extreme. I definitely believe there'll be more, just not every week ...as we can see. Maybe once a month or so? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jamillos said:


No I think that would be the other extreme. I definitely believe there'll be more, just not every week ...as we can see. Maybe once a month or so? 

 

3 songs once a month, jeez don't kill them! That's an awful lot of work!😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SAU3R said:

That would be absolutely ridiculous... Then just let it be 

 

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

3 songs once a month, jeez don't kill them! That's an awful lot of work!😄


Yea but you know, better than nothing, right. 

Edited by jamillos
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jamillos said:

 


Yea but you know, better than nothing, right. 

Ah yeah, but it's not better than what was alluded to. Why cut them slack on this? It would be different if normally they follow through on things and this was an anomaly... but this is business as usual. AND had Fernando not suggested such ideas, then nobody would be disappointed. Easiest thing to do was say "I don't think it's going to be a released at the same time every week type of thing, but we will be putting out content!". One way or the other his words (or lack of)  have led a lot of us to believe this was supposed to be a regular thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gordon Comstock changed the title to NITL live videos on youtube
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...