NITL live videos on youtube

Wait, Fernando is seriously saying that the protests mean it is disrespectful for GNR to put 3 more live tunes on Youtube?

I am not sure of the logic behind that.  Everyone is aware of the protests, yet beyond Blackout Tuesday there has been no call for the music industry to halt by anyone - literally so many bands are releasing things the past couple of weeks and all that fun stuff.  

To me I just don't get why this band can simply act... normal.  Everything has to be some sort of setback and a delayed response

22 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Wait, Fernando is seriously saying that the protests mean it is disrespectful for GNR to put 3 more live tunes on Youtube?

I am not sure of the logic behind that.  Everyone is aware of the protests, yet beyond Blackout Tuesday there has been no call for the music industry to halt by anyone - literally so many bands are releasing things the past couple of weeks and all that fun stuff.  

To me I just don't get why this band can simply act... normal.  Everything has to be some sort of setback and a delayed response

Gnr is the kid😄

• Haha 1

He's such a gentleman, isn't he?

Using such a tragedy as an excuse for his laziness tells how much respect he shows for current events.

If Axl wants to kick someone's ass, Fernando's is the right target.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

No offense, but you seriously do believe Slash and Duff (especially Duff) let some nobody like Fernando let decide about GUNS N ROSES’s legacy?!?! 

I think they DO care very much about Youtube, live releases etc. They both are on not only on social media but do release (live) records on a regular basis. I think that its all about contractual bullshit and Axl has full control about any potential release. And since Mr. W. Axl Rose is the only person in this b(r)and who wasn’t able to deliver a professional performance,  within a four year reunion nothing official has been released to date ... oh, yeah , besides of a 13 minutes clip with the lead singer (!) cut out. 

Fernando acts like he's the man, so that's why he gets treated like he's responsible for that. We can blame Axl, Slash and Duff when they announce something and don't deliver. In this case it was Fernando.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Unless it is Axl pulling the strings and he has no say...who knows, but all this procrastination is exhausting.  

Does he have an awareness of the effect of his actions I wonder.

I'll bet every decision with GNR goes through the man who wrote November Rain

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So, now you're telling me GNR land has gone silent for 13 days straight in the wake of a black mans murder that has literally turned the world upside down, but yet want to be vocal about things like "covid-45" and the current administration when this indirectly ties into the current administration and pretty much all of life right now?

Right. 

They are afraid of getting cancelled. There can't be another excuse. It happened recently to J.K. Rowling, and many other 'celebrities' or figureheads around the world. They see the smoke, and truly they don't want it coming into GNR land. That one word on that one song from 32 years ago has the power to put a pause on all the progress the band has made since 2016 and certainly anything they are about to do in regards to 'new music' or rereleases. Anyone denying that just isn't in-tune with what is going on in the world right now and how the younger generation thinks and acts. The Band thinks that if  they are silent, no harm can come from it. 

Fernando's 'excuse' is absolutely laughable in every way. I'm surprised he even said anything to be honest because it seems just as easy to be silent in this case. The band themselves didn't even post a statement of solidarity regarding anything thats happened with George Floyd. They were peer pressured and forced by their peers and the music industry at large to post an ominous black square with a simple hashtag and thats fucking it. If no one else did it, I doubt they would have themselves. 

This theory doesn't explain why other bands like Metallica (since they're everyone's favourite example and comparison here) who have skeletons in their closet, as it's been recently confirmed, continue being active on social media and releasing stuff, and aren't afraid of being "cancelled". Metallica haven't even posted the supposed "forced" black square, I think, and neither have other bands.

I still think that you're reading too much into it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This theory doesn't explain why other bands like Metallica (since they're everyone's favourite example and comparison here) who have skeletons in their closet, as it's been recently confirmed, continue being active on social media and releasing stuff, and aren't afraid of being "cancelled". Metallica haven't even posted the supposed "forced" black square, I think, and neither have other bands.

Its not a Theory, its a choice. And its the one GNR are making. Metallicas management has chosen to ‘press on’ and continue giving out content. Why? Because content is distracting. GNR and the management don’t understand or care about that. GNR have chosen to go completely silent.

metallica also don’t have a song with a racial slur in it.

keep telling me im reading too much into it, thats fine. But I have yet to feel any differently. You also took everything I said and disregarded the rest of it completely only to focus on your point about the social media you’ve been trying to hold over me since I even brought it up. 

Edited by KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Skeletons in their closet? 

If there's one band that is totally out there with the good and bad it's Metallica. Not sure what your point is.

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Slash & Duff are merely doing what Tommy and DJ/Robin/Ron did: playing the same setlist every night with little to no effort and cashing a paycheck. Doesn't seem like progress to me. 

Imo there's a difference in having those songs played by Slash and Duff or those other guys. And lets be honest. They played mostly 3 to 3 and a half hour shows. Their setlist had a construct while they switched some songs here and there. Considering their small discography to choose songs from and the lenghth of their shows there weren't many songs left that weren't played during these 4 years. I'm with you though, they could have played some more deepcuts instead of this amount of covers. But they surprised us here and there, which often remains unmentioned when the band gets criticized for their setlist :shrugs:

The lack of new music and the comunication is the real problem with GNR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I mean this:

Ah... I see! 

Well I don't think it's entirely accurate to where he is today. i will listen to the interview and make my mind up, but I think he's very inclusive and not racist... but I am willing to have my  mind changed. 

• Like 1

I'm all about trashing idiot Fernando for his lack of everything, but don't really get what @KeyserSoze keeps rambling about getting cancelled. Cancelled from what? As if anyone would cancel an act like gnr over something. Take off your tin foiled hat and stop with that ridiculous bullshit. 

The social media silence is just laziness on fucknandos part. It's the same as always. Gnr have been silent like this before. Fernando doesn't know what to post because he is useless. End of story

Edited by StayofExecution2020

10 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

The social media silence is just laziness on fucknandos part. It's the same as always. Gnr have been silent like this before. Fernando doesn't know what to post because he is useless. End of story

I mean that could be the case, either way its laughable and leave me and my tin foil hat alone, its warm under here:shrugs:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

So... is it because he's lazy or useless? Or both?

Edited by EvanG