NITL live videos on youtube

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

I really don't want to be negative, but aside from Slither this was worse than the 2019 video. The audio and video quality is obviously better, but man... who the fuck picked these songs? And why do they keep picking performances with obvious fuck-ups!?

Hopefully it doesn't take another month before they upload the next video. :shrugs:

In their defence, I think it’s tough for them to pick when Axl probably fucks up every song he sings live... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

You thought that was good? wow... ok. Enjoy

I thought it was good too. Axl's pitch sounded very balanced and he was hitting the right notes perfectly...His mixed sounded good also the others... Axl actually sounded good in terms of using clean voice.

• Like 1

The only song i think made justice for itself was ATTITUDE why? Cause Duff showed the Attitude GNR Represents. Axl feelings on the rest of the songs was completly gone. Song selection is not good at all based on Axl level on this particular show. Choose Sweet Child with a fucked up Solo? Really? Did they even know it was that way? 
The videos sounded better? Looked better? got 5 sogs? Yeah Ok, it was a festival, cameras and sound came from the festival, no editing needed. 
Slither seriusly? one of the weekeast points in the shows for Axl, how many of us really wanted to see that in a pro shot? 
Im not a fan of the desitions made in the last couple of years. Been a fan and will always will but not blind or deaf and i like to speak my mind

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Yep, out of time lyrics on the verses and full Mickey in the chorus. If this is the best version, I’d hate to see the worst. 

Maybe, just maybe, Axl choses to sing it that way? I’m pretty sure a rock vocalist of the caliber and experience of Axl knows how to sing “in time” if he wants to.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

In their defence, I think it’s tough for them to pick when Axl probably fucks up every song he sings live... 

I mean, they could've actually made a good video from Download 2018, but it definitely wouldn't have RQ or YCBM. Unless they're planning to release multiple performances of some songs, the song-selection for this video is puzzling.

I think honestly Axl sounded good in terms of using clean voice everyone. 

He was just trying to sing well... I could hear when he was trying to rasp at some point but it didnt work out well. 

Be thankful for what you got people... don't be just disappointed... you guys got what you want. I really want to hear Shadow Of Your love and The Seeker next. 

Yeaah, the good old Axl voice discussion. Yay

He pretty much sounded the same on every leg since 2017, so it should be no surprise at this point. You either like it or not, that's fine either way. I think we all agree that he sounded great in 2016, but we're not getting NITL selects from 2016 yet.

The mix was better, but still poor! Positive is tou could clearly hear Axl. The drum mix was poor, almost zero of the overheads, you could barely hear the ride, crashes and hats it was basically all kick and snare and they were fairly drowned out in places... eq, compression it's really not difficult to make a half decent powerful drum sound. The mix like ths last one, does not capture the power of the band live.

Performance wise it was about as good as the last one. At the very least Axl was trying on RQ. His voice sounded fairly shot though. Not sure what the answer is considering they had something like 3 months off before that particular euro run... sounds like a broken record, but there are coaches out there to rehabilitate voices... he's not god awful here, but it's like an imitation of Axl.

YCBM was decent, attitude was surprisingly fun! Sweet child was a snore, it just sounds flat the way this band plays it... amazing that 3 of them wrote it! And still play it so sloppy and lacklustre! Axl has zero power, and the band were on snooze. Slither was grand.

There was absolutely nothing here that blew me away, but I enjoyed most of it all the same! I thi k watching it back in a day or two I'll enjoy it a bit more too. 

• Like 4

I think Slither was the best of this "selects", because Axl's low voice still sounds great and powerful and I don't find the chorus so bad. The rest, no, they weren't good vocally.

On 6/15/2020 at 9:38 AM, Lio said:

If something cool happens (granted: which isn't too often), for five minutes people will be over the moon, until people start noticing flaws and when you come back an hour later, it will be 80% negative.

It's happening again :lol:

• Like 3

If I try to listen to this from a neutral perspective (not as a GnR fan), I've got to say Axl sounds pretty terrible every time he tries to sing those high parts, but still decent apart from that. Slither is a great example- mostly pretty good, but then the chorus hits you and I personally do find that chorus pretty painful to listen to.

However, I do think he probably tries his best and it's not going to get any better the older he gets. The times for great vocal performances are probably over and done with. I just wish he'd try to be a bit more creative with the way he sings and use his lower register wherever possible (e.g. the chorus of Slither, I don't see why he has to use his squeaky thin Mickey voice for that) and even if'd significantly change the songs from what we're used to.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Maybe, just maybe, Axl choses to sing it that way? I’m pretty sure a rock vocalist of the caliber and experience of Axl knows how to sing “in time” if he wants to.

Right... so he purposely sings it WRONG, because he wants to... :blink::facepalm::lol:

20 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I really don't want to be negative, but aside from Slither this was worse than the 2019 video. The audio and video quality is obviously better, but man... who the fuck picked these songs? And why do they keep picking performances with obvious fuck-ups!?

Hopefully it doesn't take another month before they upload the next video. :shrugs:

You would think that having a month between releases they could have scoured the gigs and found a real scorcher! The two so far have been really unusual choices.

I don't know many people that were blown away by that download performance when it happened. I totally understand why they put it out, because it's download but who is listening back to these and thinking "this is a fucking great gig, THIS is the next one to release". 

Like I said last time, getting ANYTHING  from this band is a miracle... so I'm trying to be honest but positive whetever I can be. The honest truth though is the performances here like 5 or 6 out of ten if I'm being generous. Some of 2016s were 7, 8, 9 out of 10 I have heard great performances from more recent years too but they are really hard to recall.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, loke212 said:

I just wish he'd try to be a bit more creative with the way he sings and use his lower register wherever possible (e.g. the chorus of Slither, I don't see why he has to use his squeaky thin Mickey voice for that) and even if'd significantly change the songs from what we're used to.

I get what he's trying to do with the chorus of Slither: a harmony with Duff singing lower and him singing higher. As an idea it's not bad at all, I think it would sound fantastic with his classic high-pitched raspy voice. But he doesn't have this voice anymore, so...

• Like 1

Regarding Axl's voice... i think not many of the harsh critics realize this man has sung for 4 years in a row some of the most dificult songs tehnic-wise to sing.We all know a GN'R concert is a long show, aprox 3 hours.And that's not all. He sung for ACDC like a MOFO !!! IMO AXL ROSE is the best rock vocalist/song writer/ lyricist and performer ever.No one can come even close.Far away is Freddy but Axl is unhuman.

• Haha 2

I was quite enjoying watching this, girlfriend (who has no interest in the band nor has seen any other modern-era recordings) walked in, and said immediately "why does he sound like Mickey Mouse?"

I did absolutely piss myself laughing at the bluntness! 

She's really not a harsh or critical person-she just called it exactly as she heard it. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Performance wise it was about as good as the last one. At the very least Axl was trying on RQ. His voice sounded fairly shot though. Not sure what the answer is considering they had something like 3 months off before that particular euro run... sounds like a broken record, but there are coaches out there to rehabilitate voices... he's not god awful here, but it's like an imitation of Axl.

They had 7 months off before that leg

Axl sounds decent here, and this is the best you’re gonna get now on tough songs like YCBM and SCOM. Not much rasp, but he’s getting through the words and hitting the notes. If you’re expecting different it’s time to adjust your expectations unfortunately.

edit: Slither does suck though

Edited by Jakey Styley