Little Richard has died at 87

SAU3R

What a crappy year - really!

Little Richard, as everyone knows, is in my top five favourite rockers - easily. The two albums he put out in 1957 and 1958 are the greatest rock albums ever released. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Every queer boy finding solace alone at the piano bench - and many other unspoken lineages in NA - learned that they can set the world ablaze from this man. And spread so much joy.

Go with God, Little Richard. RIP.

no no no no no no no no no no no no, fuckssake!  I was watching his Southbank Show special just yesterday...and some recent interviews he had done with his church, he was all denouncing gayness and all that, not that he hadn't done that before, the mad fucker.  He saw sputnik on a ferry, shat his pants and turned to God :lol: Fuckssake man, not Rich'.  Of the black lot, he was the last weren't he?  Bo Diddleys gone, Chucks gone, there's only Jerry Lee Lewis (not black obviously) whoose left.  Fuck.  Literally the greatest performer of rock n roll music ever, with not a fuckin' word of hyperbole involved.  Oh this is fuckin' bollocks.  See ya later Rich', you fuckin' mad cunt, God bless.

• Like 1

It's amazing to think how controversial rock n' roll was in American society at the time. For those early guys, even just breaking through the social barriers to be heard was an incredible achievement - what was seen as subversive and distasteful by many traditional institutions at the time has now become a revered tradition in and of itself, recognised for being innovative, raucous and joyful.

Rest in peace, Little Richard.

10 minutes ago, Graeme said:

It's amazing to think how controversial rock n' roll was in American society at the time. For those early guys, even just breaking through the social barriers to be heard was an incredible achievement - what was seen as subversive and distasteful by many traditional institutions at the time has now become a revered tradition in and of itself, recognised for being innovative, raucous and joyful.

Guys with religious backgrounds like Little Richard, Elvis, and Jerry Lee Lewis really struggled with the stigma of rock n roll. Little Richard even quit music for years and became an ordained minister. Elvis asked Jerry Lee once if he thought he, meaning Elvis, was playing the devil's music and Jerry Lee responded, "son, you are the devil."😄

10 hours ago, Graeme said:

Especially for a Tutti Frutti black dude ❤️

Everyone from Dylan to Page to Jagger has acknowledged they don’t exist without him but this has so far been my favorite tribute - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/john-waters-little-richard-996961/

57 minutes ago, Angelica said:

Especially for a Tutti Frutti black dude ❤️

And really openly and ragingly tutti fruitti too.  His influence can be seen in the iconography too, in Prince or Jimi’s look, in Mick or James Browns (who got his start as a Little Richard impersonator) or Elvises jumpsuits.  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

James Brown (who got his start as a Little Richard impersonator) or Elvises jumpsuits.  

Which makes Eddie Murphy doing anti gay jokes while impersonating James Brown and wearing a leather jumpsuit rather meta does it not? :lol: 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

And really openly and ragingly tutti fruitti too.  His influence can be seen in the iconography too, in Prince or Jimi’s look, in Mick or James Browns (who got his start as a Little Richard impersonator) or Elvises jumpsuits.  

Absolutely and ragingly 🤣 ESPECIALLY in Prince’s aesthetic ❤️🤣 as a white cisgender I don’t feel free to judge but it’s a valid question and I’m good with John Waters (lovingly) doing so 

41 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Which makes Eddie Murphy doing anti gay jokes while impersonating James Brown and wearing a leather jumpsuit rather meta does it not? :lol: 

You'll like this, he used to love to watch and wank.  It was one of his favourite pastimes.  'In those days I was pumpin' so much peter, whoooo boy!'.  With or without consent, which would might change the tune of a few if they made mention of it on social media, what with #metoo and all that gear. Anyway he was great mates with Buddy Holly who, apparently, had a massive cock.  Like freakishly massive.  I mean I weren't there with a tape measure in the fuckin' 50s but by all accounts he was a human tripod.  And moreso than like, shagging himself (which he did much more than his fair share of as well) one thing that Rich LOVED was to watch Buddy banging other birds.  Like specifically his cock pumpin' em.  When Buddy couldn't get the bird to consent to letting Rich watch and wank it became quite tricky because they had to angle themselves just right so Rich could cop the very specific eyeful that he wanted to and get his kicks.  But a lot more birds were accomodating to the notion of having Rich watch and wank than you might think.

There have been rumours about Ed being a bender for more than a while y'know.  Ed the tranny rescuer.  Ed the rescuer of trannies who then mysteriously fall off their roofs :lol:  

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You'll like this, he used to love to watch and wank.  It was one of his favourite pastimes.  'In those days I was pumpin' so much peter, whoooo boy!'.  With or without consent, which would might change the tune of a few if they made mention of it on social media, what with #metoo and all that gear. Anyway he was great mates with Buddy Holly who, apparently, had a massive cock.  Like freakishly massive.  I mean I weren't there with a tape measure in the fuckin' 50s but by all accounts he was a human tripod.  And moreso than like, shagging himself (which he did much more than his fair share of as well) one thing that Rich LOVED was to watch Buddy banging other birds.  Like specifically his cock pumpin' em.  When Buddy couldn't get the bird to consent to letting Rich watch and wank it became quite tricky because they had to angle themselves just right so Rich could cop the very specific eyeful that he wanted to and get his kicks.  But a lot more birds were accomodating to the notion of having Rich watch and wank than you might think.

There have been rumours about Ed being a bender for more than a while y'know.  Ed the tranny rescuer.  Ed the rescuer of trannies who then mysteriously fall off their roofs :lol:  

What have I just read? 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm surprised a fan of Rich such as yourself has never heard this before :lol:  

Something about Buddy Holly, who was this gawky looking nerd, having a big dingus, and having it off whilst Penniman watched. ''Peggy Sue'' is such a sweet song really and you have buggered that up for me!