Appetite for Distortion - Frank Ferrer talks PSSR, Mule Kick, and Guns N' Roses drumming | Ep. 195

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

Nice, I'll check it out later today. I like the idea of doing it as a video call, maybe you can do more interviews like that?

I think I will. I was worried about the audio quality as I'm so used to being in a radio studio. But quarantine rules seem to apply. I am getting better audio equipment do to episodes at home though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I think I will. I was worried about the audio quality as I'm so used to being in a radio studio. But quarantine rules seem to apply. I am getting better audio equipment do to episodes at home though.

I have random administrative questions for you.  Curious to know if you're getting any feedback during this pandemic from iHeart.  I assume they have to be pleased you're continuing the way you have been.  Have you noticed an updates in subscribers/listens since the pandemic? 

Just now, WAR41 said:

I have random administrative questions for you.  Curious to know if you're getting any feedback during this pandemic from iHeart.  I assume they have to be pleased you're continuing the way you have been.  Have you noticed an updates in subscribers/listens since the pandemic? 

Happy to say it's been great. The show has been added to the podcast section of Q104.3, New York City's classic rock station. I fill in as producer there as part of my regular job. https://q1043.iheart.com/podcasts/

I think in him not wanting to speak about it shows that its in the works and him saying that “management to make a formal announcement” kind of says that its in the works so hopefully we’ll hear it soon. But thanks @Gambit83for asking, he wasnt offended or anything and you handled it professionally. Thanks for representing the fans in such a professional way, good work and you rock :)

• GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Happy to say it's been great. The show has been added to the podcast section of Q104.3, New York City's classic rock station. I fill in as producer there as part of my regular job. https://q1043.iheart.com/podcasts/

That's awesome man, congrats on the continued success.  You need them to put the podcasts on that link in alphabetical order :lol:

• Haha 1

Im just glad theres no one asking me all the hard hitting questions! Imagine someone sits you down and starts at you with "Why cant you get your boss to give you a raise? You have had no impact on the history of rock. Why arent you a better gardener - is it because Slash and Duff made you do it that way or do you just suck? Your striped pants are too tight. Brain gets to work closely with Mel on soundtracks, but you only get to release side projects to soundcloud - why bother?"

I'd f'n cry, fam! :lol:  

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

When they're speaking on the phone it's a little difficult to understand them sometimes. That was my experience with the Matt Sorum interview.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Frank is genuinely a nice guy. 

The part with "how would gnr sound in the studio" is weird though and sounds like they haven't been in one yet.

Yes- but Susan wouldn’t lie.

Perhaps it really is CD 2 with overdubs..but then again he moved to LA to be closer to the band.

its a case of wait & see

Fantastic interview (as always) Gambit. I found Frank’s answer on trying to find the “happy medium” between Steven/Matt in a way that also works for Slash n’ Duff really interesting.

As far as the current Line-up veering more toward an “aggressive” feel in studio- I think it would be brilliant- especially with the very positive response to “SOYL”, and how the band kills it on “Coma” (IMHO), etc.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Frank is genuinely a nice guy. 

The part with "how would gnr sound in the studio" is weird though and sounds like they haven't been in one yet.

Yea because he spoke about it hypothetically. Like how he’s imagine they would sound playing & writing new songs in the studio. His description is basically how VR were described.

So either it’s only the big 3 working on new material with some input from Dizzy & Richard possibly.

or they are writing and recording with a More renowned studio drummer with no interest in touring,  like a Josh Freese type 

6 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

Yes- but Susan wouldn’t lie.

Perhaps it really is CD 2 with overdubs..but then again he moved to LA to be closer to the band.

its a case of wait & see

You think that’s why he moved out there? It wasn’t the weather, new girlfriend etc?  Guess it possible