RussTCB Stepping Down

RussTCB

It sucks to read you’re leaving, but it’s totally understandable knocking how much time and effort you’ve spent on this band over the years. I feel the same way as you, but the main difference is that I started to lurk forums and eventually join here in 2014, so obviously I’ve been around much less time than you. I think I still have some “patience” left in the tank, but if things don’t change we’ll be sooner or later taking the same decision as you.

I have to say thank you for making this forum a better place. I had lots of good moments here and that’s mainly thanks to you and the other mods. I hope that good band/management decisions make you return to the forum some day! Good luck :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

sad to see another sane one going away, fed up with the clownshow called GNR. but as the others already said, it's pretty understandable. I know very well the feeling, that's why I'm inactive on the forums lately as well, and minding my own (other) business. 

• Thanks 1

Russ, you should still partake in band discussions. I know you say your heart is not in the band anymore, and I get that. They are shit. A corporate, soulless entity interested solely in the bottom line and not remotely concerned with art or music. I guess we're all holding out for a positive change at some point, and in spite of everything, I still have a small modicum of hope that they will pull off the unthinkable and actually do something worthwhile for a change (a new album). 

But don't let the band asslickers stop you from shooting the breeze and expressing your honest opinion regarding the sorry state of GNR in 2020. Some of us value your thoughts/opinions. The fact that they are mostly negative in tone says absolutely nothing about you and everything about this "band."

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I get it.  I was a huge defender of the then-newly reunited GNR in 2016/2017/2018 and gave a ton of chances and lots of "well maybe they have stuff cookin' and patience is key" but the more and more I wait the harder it feels to be passionately into this band.  I listen to GNR way less than I ever have, I passed on multiple concert opportunities because of preferring to spend my money on bands that change things up more.  It is frustrating being a GNR fan, even if there are tiny periods of glee like 2008 and 2016

Glad to hear you won't be leaving for good though!  I enjoy your thoughts and opinions on GNR and music in general.  

I have found the moderation and upkeep of this forum really pleasant the past few years and you are a part of that so thank you for helping to keep this place truly what I think is the best GNR-oriented place to chill in

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sad to hear this Russ but I can totally understand your reasoning. As others have said I was really hyped back in 2016 to see what the band were going to do but as time has gone by it's reverted to business as usual and I just can't get excited about anything GnR related right now either. Pleased that you're still going to be sticking around as a poster though. We have a lot of really cool people who are on here for the community having long since given up on Guns n' Roses which is both really cool and a bit of a shame at the same time.

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

55 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thank you to everyone who's posted their thoughts. 

To be clear, I'm not stepping out of GN'R entirely. I'm just taking a break from D&N for the foreseeable future as part of the process of leaving the staff. 

I really haven't had anything even remotely positive to say about GN'R for a year, maybe two. Until I do, I plan to stay out of there so I don't contribute a bunch of negativety. 

I've got so much other music that brings me joy, so I'd rather concentrate on that by sticking around My World for a bit instead. :)

I understand. There are better topics to discuss elsewhere than in the main GN'R section. Thank you so much for a job well done as an administrator :)

• Thanks 1

Thank you, Russ. Life's too short to spend it on stuff you don't enjoy (anymore), at least not at this time. Hopefully GNR will surprise us all and do some great stuff to lure you back in :lol:

I'll see you around.

Russ, I feel like we go a ways back having first becoming online friends at GNREvo, then kinda enemies (though never really!) from some of the drama that unfolded, to meeting up and hanging out and having lunch and beers in Vegas 2016, just like old friends.

And, as much as we used to disagree on some things, I always loved that you are just a really passionate fan of music, like myself, and many, many others here. 

Glad to see you’ll still be hanging around here though, still plenty of other bands and things to talk about aside from GN’R! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Thanks for everything, man. I'm glad we get to be friends irl :)

It was really was my pleasure to do everything I did until the last couple of years haha. The band just got to a point where I felt like I couldn't fight for them anymore. 

But yes, my favorite thing about my time on the forums is all of the real life friends I've taken away from it! 

53 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Russ, I feel like we go a ways back having first becoming online friends at GNREvo, then kinda enemies (though never really!) from some of the drama that unfolded, to meeting up and hanging out and having lunch and beers in Vegas 2016, just like old friends.

And, as much as we used to disagree on some things, I always loved that you are just a really passionate fan of music, like myself, and many, many others here. 

Glad to see you’ll still be hanging around here though, still plenty of other bands and things to talk about aside from GN’R! 

Thank you. Yeah, I certainly don't agree with everyone but I'm glad you do understand that it comes from a place of passion. Like you said, there's a lot of people out there with that same passion, so it's great that I've met a lot of them, including you, through here :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This site received a new lease of life when Downzy took to the helm and yourself along with the rest of the staff ensured that this forum stayed on top.

Always enjoyed reading your posts and your podcast is a regular in my household. Hope to see you still come on here from time to time and hopefully you can make your return to D&N if and when new material drops! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

This site received a new lease of life when Downzy took to the helm and yourself along with the rest of the staff ensured that this forum stayed on top.

Always enjoyed reading your posts and your podcast is a regular in my household. Hope to see you still come on here from time to time and hopefully you can make your return to D&N if and when new material drops! 

Wow, thank you so much for making the podcast a regular thing! :) it's nice of you to mention that. And yeah, IF GN'R ever gets around to releasing new music, I'm totally down to (hopefully) enjoy it and definitely share my opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great poster/mod. Glad he is sticking around.

I suppose he has reached his breaking point which many of us have experienced with this band (me, circa 2011, yellow rain jacket Ashba horror show). Everyone snaps eventually haha. Even the biggest nut swinger will eventually snap. Fernando will find a way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1