Something to actually look forward to: Queen is live streaming the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert today

This whole concert is such an win-win for Axl & GNR. He got to sing "We will rock you" and Bohemian Rhapsody", two of the most popular Queen songs. He shared the stage with Queen and Elton John, two of his childhood heroes. Gnr played Knocking on Heaven's door and Paradise City, both songs matched the situation perfectly. Their performance is awesome (Slash is in a great mood).

Then There's that thing about One in a million and many people didn't want Axl to play there. During Paradise city one placard says, "Axl, Piss off". And Axl says " shove it" during the intro. Elton John was initially not that happy about sharing stage with him, but later he loved him so much that he joined with him in MTV awards. Don't know about hall of fame though. Did Elton chose him for giving the induction?

Also, Axl clutching Duff during "we are the champion"  because Duff was so smashed that he couldn't stand right 😁 

3 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Absolutely.

To go from the Axl we saw in 2011-2014 to fronting two of the largest rock bands on the planet was just great to see.

The only other rock comeback that comes close in recent memory is Liam Gallagher. 

Have you already seen As it was? If not, you definitely should do so. 

Some of the bands wouldn't give their permission to use their footage as they weren't happy with it. GnR should have done three songs. Missing was Sweet Child which was cut because of the technical problems Spinal Tap had and the gig was overrunning. It started at 6pm on the dot. Great day. Great weather. Great memories. Still got my poster and tickets.

Edited by axlsend
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zinia_29 said:

This whole concert is such an win-win for Axl & GNR. He got to sing "We will rock you" and Bohemian Rhapsody", two of the most popular Queen songs. He shared the stage with Queen and Elton John, two of his childhood heroes. Gnr played Knocking on Heaven's door and Paradise City, both songs matched the situation perfectly. Their performance is awesome (Slash is in a great mood).

Then There's that thing about One in a million and many people didn't want Axl to play there. During Paradise city one placard says, "Axl, Piss off". And Axl says " shove it" during the intro. Elton John was initially not that happy about sharing stage with him, but later he loved him so much that he joined with him in MTV awards. Don't know about hall of fame though. Did Elton chose him for giving the induction?

Also, Axl clutching Duff during "we are the champion"  because Duff was so smashed that he couldn't stand right 😁 

he also had his arm around roger daultry I didn't know they ever met.

13 hours ago, lame ass security said:

That's sacrilege to cut out the Tap.

It's sacrilege to cut GNR because of fucking Spinal Tap. I always thought they only did 2 songs because both of them were rather long.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, NicoGNR5 said:

Man, George Michael really had one of the most beautiful voices ever.

Oh for sure he did. Sometimes I forget George is gone. So sad

And Freddy. Everything about Freddy and Queen was unique and freaking amazing! They will live forever as will George and so many others we have lost.

Their music will live on forever too.

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's sacrilege to cut GNR because of fucking Spinal Tap. I always thought they only did 2 songs because both them were rather long.

Spinal Tap wasn't even a "real" rock band. No one puts GNR in a corner! Damn them! Unless GNR didn't give permission to air their part?

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Oh for sure he did. Sometimes I forget George is gone. So sad

And Freddy. Everything about Freddy and Queen was unique and freaking amazing! They will live forever as will George and so many others we have lost.

Their music will live on forever too.

Spinal Tap wasn't even a "real" rock band. No one puts GNR in a corner! Damn them! Unless GNR didn't give permission to air their part?

They only did the two songs on the day. Spinal Tap overran so Sweet Child was dropped.

I watched a documentary on George Michael recently, he came across as a truly decent person, didn’t take himself too seriously. Had his demons alright that was obvious too. Can’t say I like any of his music but he had some voice. They way he throws that line out to the crowd during someone to love. Mega. 

4 hours ago, TupacShakur said:

he also had his arm around roger daultry I didn't know they ever met.

Daultry bashed Axl/DC before it happened

5 hours ago, James Bond said:

And cracking jokes?

maybe? he did whoo on mic during PC xD

18 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I didn’t follw the stream cause I got the blu ray but I expect they just streamed the actual gig where Queen was onstage with different guest artists. 

What you have in mind are performances from the opening bands right before the actual tribute show. They happened during the daylight including GNR performing Paradise City ans KOHD. The KHOD performance became the official GNR music video and was played a million times per day by MTV in 1992. 

Yes, now that you said that it makes sense.   I was an obsessed GNR teenager back then & I remember me & my friends glued to MTV the day this aired live.

Edited by Chewy2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I don’t think any band got 3 songs that day. U2 were touring elsewhere and couldn’t make it. 

Metallica and Def Leppard played 3. Extreme played 2, but their first song was a long medley.