Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I started a new topic because in my honest opinion this is the most amount of bullshit we’ve heard so far. 

Some fan twitter sites are claiming Fernando did one of his “dont record me” podcasts (if you can even call it that) on Discord the other day where he said exactly that, then refused to give a timeline on when we may see (or hear) anything new...

EDIT: all of fernandos comments regarding a new album: 

“thats information I cant share... just know its coming.”

- (On Hardschool NOT being played in Miami) “axl knows all the songs.. uhhhh... he has in his Arsenal and... he picks and chooses what goes where and how. He accounts for breathing and the way he feels the concert flows best. The setlist goes how the setlist goes, and regardless of whats on there, it gets played per Axl and the guys.”

-(on the possibility of a CD ‘Remix’ album, compared to new music) “we do have some remixes done. Its up to Ax on when to get it. Personally if we were to release a remix before the new music in any shape or form, i think we really just have to lead with the new music, then we will have freedom to explore other material.”

“If the tours weren’t as they are now, we would have had music by now. I believe. Because of everything thats happened and  how its unprecedented in our world and the priority of people worrying and being scared of the unknown took precedent. Its coming. I truly believe deep down in my heart its coming.”

•  
Edited by KeyserSoze

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I started a new topic because in my honest opinion this is the most amount of bullshit we’ve heard so far. 

Some fan twitter sites are claiming Fernando did one of his “dont record me” podcasts (if you can even call it that) on Discord the other day where he said exactly that, then refused to give a timeline on when we may see (or hear) anything new...

Eh sounds like hearsay, but I can believe it. Lots of artists delaying releases to later in the year.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Oddly it didn’t prevent them from playing Mexico.

I mean, the pandemic could have prevented the planned rollout for new music? Did he get any more specific then that?

Weren't they going to get sued if they didn't play?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Weren't they going to get sued if they didn't play?

I’ve not known guns to be adverse to litigation. Hehe

other bands pulled out of the same festival. Which is the right thing to do.

(sorry for off topic)

2 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

We know for a fact they soundchecked Hard School. Obviously SOMETHING was planned, it's kind of hard to deny that much... unless they really wanted to put that much effort into trolling us.

Yep they clearly were planning to, at the very least, perform Hard School on the up coming tour(s) along with a few other older songs they hadn't played yet.

But of course someone out there used their Axl voodoo doll to implode the music concert business before that happened.

3 minutes ago, All Cautions Made said:

Clearly some autistic person thought it would be a good idea to prevent the fans from Fernando chatting with the fans ever again by recording it, posting it online and twisting his words. 

how sad some GNR fans can be.

Fernando is a fucking idiot if he thinks shit like this doesn't get recorded. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shackler's said:

Well. That's it, Fernando is not coming back to chat again when people did what he asked them not to. This community is incredibly self-destructive.

From the band that released “Chinese Democracy”, a front man who uses politically charged comments in the name of civil liberties but rules over his bandmates like a dictator. God forbid Fernandos Draconian policy was trampled upon. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Fernando is a fucking idiot if he thinks shit like this doesn't get recorded. 

Seriously. You think you're gonna onto a public internet platform and have a 2-hour chat with the fan base, and that shit won't leak out because you promised everyone to pinky swear?

If you don't want it getting out, don't do it in the first place. And if you're gonna do it, accept it's probably gonna come out.

• Like 4

“My thing is soon. Because they know they are a pretty big fucking company. If everything does get pushed back to 2021, they will have to prioritize that. And its not just going to be guns having to use stadiums. You know? Maybe we should just go fucking play parks.”

On Hardschool NOT being played in Miami: “axl knows all the songs.. uhhhh... he has in his Arsenal and... he picks and chooses what goes where and how. He accounts for breathing and the way he feels the concert flows best. The setlist goes how the setlist goes, and regardless of whats on there, it gets played per Axl and the guys.”