Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Look, I'll be honest that having Fernando or anyone directly connected to GNR pop here is a double edged sword.

While it's great to give fans access to someone who can answer their questions (even if most answers don't really provide for any real clarity), it is also a huge pain in the ass for me as the owner managing the hosting costs associated with that kind of visit and the workload for the staff.  While I was certainly happy to have Fernando or anyone else stop by for the fans, it's not without its challenges and costs for the staff and myself.

So for me it's kind of a benefit to having Fernando address fan questions elsewhere with us allowing any reports of what was said to be discussed here.

With respect to why Fernando has taken up residence on Reddit and Discord and ignoring fan forums, only he can answer that. 

The forum's tangential at-best relationship with TB was severed last October when Fernando likened the forum's willingness to allow discussion of leaks as criminally and civilly culpable.  Regardless of how clueless that opinion is about established law around freedom of speech and liability and how hollow those comments were at the time, at that point I had zero interest in maintaining any form of relationship or communication with TB or anyone at GNR for that matter.  It's just not worth the time, energy, or aggravation to keep communication lines open in an attempt to promote the fan perspective to GNR if we're being accused of criminal or civil liable activity. 

Keep in mind that this forum enforced some of the strictest restrictions around the leaks at the time.  The forum held, and still does, a zero tolerance for distribution of leaks, whether it be sharing download links, open requests for leaks, PMs asking for leaks, or even vague posts that could be insinuated as asking for leaks.  We were literally warning and suspending tens of accounts every day during August through September; using a very heavy hand and doing everything we could to ensure that the forum was in no way being used as a distribution hub for illegal activity around copyrighted materials.  The only thing we allowed at the time was for people who had heard the leaks a place to discuss what they heard.  Allowances for discussion of leaks has been present since the very founding of the forum, with leaks discussion occurring in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010/11.  

It was October of last year that I reached out to both Beta and Fernando about another matter (I believe it involved the ongoing issue of YouTube strikes and concerns I had at the time that they were being fed bullshit by a well-known degenerate who had his fingers all over the takedowns) when I was hit with the accusation concerning the forum's complicity in distributing leaks by virtue of allowing discussion of them.  And that pretty much killed any interest I had in maintaining any form of communication with TB or GNR.  Fernando using this forum I can take either way; unfounded and baseless accusations from an organization with hundreds of millions at its disposal?  No thanks.  

Keep in mind that as of today you can still find open discussion on Reddit about the leaks.

Discord, as I understand it from reports from others, was the platform of choice for the distribution of leaks last year.  

GNR has its own fan forum that could be used for these kind of discussions.  Even if Fernando or a member of TB doesn't want to come to this forum where most GNR fans congregate (in terms of fan forums), it's still baffling to me that they won't reward paying members of their fan club by providing access and answering questions.  

So in terms of trying to make sense of everything, my advice would be not.  There is no sense to any of this.  There's no rhyme or reason to it.  But this is GNR we're talking about. 

If Fernando truly thought he could jump on discord and expect people not to record and get his answers out there, I don't know what to tell him.

You are absolutely right. My comment was sort of A sarcastic joke,  because of the way that Fernando said that. It sounded as: those  kids from mygnr  are so bad,  so I took my toys and went playing with other kids" 🤭

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

I've been a pretty big outspoken critic of TB, but I agree, they can't physically force Axl to release music, videos, concerts, etc. And when it's him who ultimately has to sign on the dotted line, there's only so much his handlers can do.

Agreed, it is because not have sense that Fernando talking permanent non stop. He just like brag about his axl and GNR relationship. 

7 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

what huge releases have come out during the pandemic?

Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails released 2 albums, The Strokes, In This Moment, X, Testament, Nightwish, Airbourne Toxic Event, Trivium, The Used, Awolnation (personal favorite band) and everyones favorite band: Asking Alexandria. As well as countless popular rappers (Drake and now Future to name a few) and countless pop artists. The 1975 is dropping an album this friday

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

I think the GNR camp is a lot of bullshit, but the pandemic in a number of ways DOES stop music form being released, especially by a such a large band.

-no legit promo (talk shows, concerts, etc)

-manufacturing plants, especially vinyl are shut down partly (that's on top of the fire that fucked the vinyl industry right before this started) and even if they are back online, they are backed up. 

-people out of jobs...they aren't gonna release an album when its the last thing a lot of people will buy.

It's not as easy as just putting it online when the band is of this magnitude and it will be billed as the first "reunion" material. They are going to want to promo the fuck out of it. They had billboards and events worldwide for a completely fucking unnecessary remastered AFD.

making music and releasing music are two VERY different things. Susan said she heard music...It's pretty clear by now that they have recorded at least some material.

I was going to say all this too! 

However, there are lots of bands still releasing as planned, Trivium released there, Norah Jones has even pop artists like Dua lipa who depend on getting those no 1 spots put out her album... there are ways for gnr to release their album, or at the very least release a single and start the ball rolling. It's no longer a secret release so drop a single and get on with it. I'd also point out that Axl.took his sweet F'n time to tour CD, and didn't think that had any negative impact on sales... what's changed now?

The record is either done or it's not. I do appreciate wanting to release music who YOU want to do it though, and I can wait so I'm not all up in a heap about it all!

I started watching the leaked audio of the Fernando discussion (didn’t know it existed until now), and three minutes in, when he said the concert footage would be out “sooner than soon” (this was almost two weeks ago, mind you), I immediately switched to a video about making pancakes.

EDIT: just saw that he clarified immediately after that by “sooner than soon,” he meant “a couple of weeks.” Ok... You win this round, Fernando... You win this round...

Edited by rocknroll41

Guns N' Roses are the only act that cannot release albums during coronavirus. This impediment on Guns N' Roses does not apply to: Stone Temple Pilots, Sepultura, Huey Lewis and the News, Justin Bieber, Ozzy, Noel Gallagher, The Boomtown Rats, Adam Lambert, Morrisey, NIN, Pearl Jam, The Strokes and Lady Gaga (upcoming). This should always be emphasized at all times. Thank you for your attention.

• Like 4

If anything this shows to me that deep down, this is and always will be Axl’s show. Maybe not that management side of things, but Fernando seems like he has a relatively good head on his shoulders. Maybe he ‘expanded’ some truths that in his managerial world were supposed to be in motion anyway. The fact that he was able to have a 30 minute talk with a FAN with a completely outsiders perspective and it didn’t turn into a screaming match is a pretty good quality to have in any manager. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails released 2 albums, The Strokes, In This Moment, X, Testament, Nightwish, Airbourne Toxic Event, Trivium, The Used, Awolnation (personal favorite band) and everyones favorite band: Asking Alexandria. As well as countless popular rappers (Drake and now Future to name a few) and countless pop artists. The 1975 is dropping an album this friday

I don't want gnr to release their long awaited album digitally. But they are sitting on a buttload of proshots from each era, why they fail to release them like metallica is beyond me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

This just makes me wonder, if Fernando has to constantly keep deferring to Axl, almost unequivocally, what the hell does he actually manage or do? Does he help with the tour? Does he do anything tangible that we can see? I'm not trying to insult the guy, it seems like a quite difficult job. But with Axl having an agent, a record label, along with everyone else having an agent (and also being one of the biggest bands in the world), i just simply wonder what his week to week job consists of in the GN'R operations..

There's a lot of logistical stuff that has to happen for tours the size of GNR's to happen.  Axl likely doesn't want to have to deal with multiple people so Fernando acts as his point person and manages the day-to-day.  The bigger stuff would ultimately be Axl's call, but there's a lot of smaller stuff that needs managing that would require a manager's input and handling.  

The manager acts as a facilitator in many ways.  

If, ALL SIGNS, are pointing to 'this band should release some live stuff during this pandemic if they can't release new music', then it seems really detrimental to the band that live videos have been taken down in the last year, and nothing of note has or seemingly positive will be released. It's difficult to stay positive when something seems so obvious and easy; yet here we are with no results.

I think this is a very valid criticism. 

All I know, is that transparency would be more appreciated than anything besides some new material or pro shots. That way, if I know this band has no future, I can move on. Instead, were left chomping at the bits of what might be. 

I've always believed this band is one of a million intentions but can't seem to follow through for reasons we can only speculate.  The impression I've always gotten from people who know more than me is that Axl isn't working away at new music for years on end just to bury it.  There are always plans, but it would seem the plans always change.  It's not from a lack of intent, but execution and follow through.  It can't simply be management's fault.  There have been numerous managers over the years, including Irving Azoff, often considered one of the best in the industry.  There's a common denominator here and it isn't management.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns N' Roses are the only act that cannot release albums during coronavirus. This impediment on Guns N' Roses does not apply to: Stone Temple Pilots, Sepultura, Huey Lewis and the News, Justin Bieber, Ozzy, Noel Gallagher, The Boomtown Rats, Adam Lambert, Morrisey, NIN, Pearl Jam, The Strokes and Lady Gaga (upcoming). This should always be emphasized at all times. Thank you for your attention.

You forgot The Weeknd, he went number one for like a month with his LP and was the #1 artist on Spotify for like two months after that.

5 hours ago, soon said:

Oddly it didn’t prevent them from playing Mexico.

I mean, the pandemic could have prevented the planned rollout for new music? Did he get any more specific then that?

Didnt prevent them playing anything new the last 4 years of the never ending tour.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I started a new topic because in my honest opinion this is the most amount of bullshit we’ve heard so far. 

Some fan twitter sites are claiming Fernando did one of his “dont record me” podcasts (if you can even call it that) on Discord the other day where he said exactly that, then refused to give a timeline on when we may see (or hear) anything new...

EDIT: all of fernandos comments regarding a new album: 

“thats information I cant share... just know its coming.”

- (On Hardschool NOT being played in Miami) “axl knows all the songs.. uhhhh... he has in his Arsenal and... he picks and chooses what goes where and how. He accounts for breathing and the way he feels the concert flows best. The setlist goes how the setlist goes, and regardless of whats on there, it gets played per Axl and the guys.”

-(on the possibility of a CD ‘Remix’ album, compared to new music) “we do have some remixes done. Its up to Ax on when to get it. Personally if we were to release a remix before the new music in any shape or form, i think we really just have to lead with the new music, then we will have freedom to explore other material.”

“If the tours weren’t as they are now, we would have had music by now. I believe. Because of everything thats happened and  how its unprecedented in our world and the priority of people worrying and being scared of the unknown took precedent. Its coming. I truly believe deep down in my heart its coming.”

•  

I truly believe that angelina jolie will fall in love with me once she sees me but that doesn't make it true. Also, the pandemic has affected 2020. This line up has been back since April 1st, 2016 so what's the excuse for the other three years ? 

I'm sure Fernando actually believe that stuff he's said but unfortunately from reading this message board it seems fans patience for these riddles of quotes if not gone is wearing thin. 

• Haha 1

It just seems like a never ending circle with this band. Fernando did this chat 11 days ago, and not once did anyone say in that chat “give us more cool merch.” It was all asking for more interaction and MUSIC in any capacity weather it be old or new.

6 days after this, they give us a Pandemic related piece of merch and then radio silence for 5 days straight. 

Did anyone really learn anything? Does anyone really care anymore?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I've been a pretty big outspoken critic of TB, but I agree, they can't physically force Axl to release music, videos, concerts, etc. And when it's him who ultimately has to sign on the dotted line, there's only so much his handlers can do.

Totally correct. Its always Axl.  Every other band member or band in the universe doesnt have a problem releasing stuff but he does. I think his really insecure about his music after the illusions years. 

No one else but Axls fault no matter who he himself tries to blame. 

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1