Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

A future CD boxset? A boxset for an album bought by probably 1 mio people?

Special Edition / Limited Edition then, if that satisfies you more.

Loads of albums receive boxset / special edition etc re-releases. Bands work through their back catalogue. They're for the fans. The original album sales are not always relevant. 

Edited by ToonGuns

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yup. Someone straight up asked if we would see Use Your Illusion era or Not In This Lifetime era content, and he said NITL would be first, and kinda left it open-ended by saying if they did anything else it would be after ‘new material came out’ and then followed it up with ‘i think doing the older stuff would be wrong right now’

i feel Fernando more or less trys to walk a line of trying not to sell the band short and make it seem like they would cash out on old things like that, but at the same time.. thats literally all they have done since 2016, reinvigorate an image of a band (with less Chinese symbolism) and use that image to tour for songs that were written 33 years ago. Its a weird time to be a fan. We got what we always wanted essentially, but none of it makes logical sense. 

I think it’s more that if they put up footage of old performances, you can see and hear how much better they sounded back then compared to now. 

Kinda hard to promote a new band that sounds like a lesser version of the old band, in that regard. 

41 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

I think it’s more that if they put up footage of old performances, you can see and hear how much better they sounded back then compared to now. 

Kinda hard to promote a new band that sounds like a lesser version of the old band, in that regard. 

Which from a brand/marketing POV logically makes sense IMHO. They have a “winning” thing going keeping the general public focused on Guns having a record-setting stadium tour going on. Why do anything to distract/detract from it- including UYI concerts from their prime or featuring footage from NITL that may dissuade people from showing up- especially when most ticket purchasers seem to have positive experiences/reviews in the moment. Now if they had another “SOYL” layin’ around (i.e. studio controlled)...

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Did he really say that?. Why would he think its wrong i wonder?. Does axl dislike the old lineups?. Those lineups and music is why axls living in a mansion. If metallica can embrace the previous lineups and show old concert footage whats Fernandos excuse?.

I guess that the reason about dislike old lineups, is cause you can't compete with you own past.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Free Bird said:

A future CD boxset? A boxset for an album bought by probably 1 mio people?

While they could do a reissue at some point, a high priced box set for CD will be a stretch

Times like these are the perfect excuse to release old footage that you’d never monetize. Say it’s the 35th anniversary of the band forming and release old content under that umbrella 

When are they ever going to release NYC 2002, HOB, etc... The timing/demand will never be right for that 

Edited by guitarpatch

37 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I guess that the reason about dislike old lineups, is cause you can't compete with you own past.

Thats true but theres nothing wrong with embracing your past. The last 2 shows metallica have been releasing on their stay at home monday streaming is one show from 91 and just this week one from 83!. Both with different lineups.

I understand if the vand want to only concentrate on the current luneup but they could have compiled some video streaming shows fromthe last 4 years but nothing. Not even a "best of" dvd of the tour for normal public buying has been released.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

It must be pretty hard to find some consistent playing by Slash and singing by Axl...

I’ve been listening to lots of Slash live footage from the last 10 years and he has somehow lost what made him unique.

He’s ALWAYS rushing now.

Listen to his live performances of Wicked Stone...that amazing last solo. Well, live, its melody is completely lost in noodles that dont even fit the song.

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Thats true but theres nothing wrong with embracing your past. The last 2 shows metallica have been releasing on their stay at home monday streaming is one show from 91 and just this week one from 83!. Both with different lineups.

I understand if the vand want to only concentrate on the current luneup but they could have compiled some video streaming shows fromthe last 4 years but nothing. Not even a "best of" dvd of the tour for normal public buying has been released.

I understand it, but Axl is an very complex guy. He isn't have selfconfidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Look at these bands and artists releasing music like it's nothing. Even Buckethead just release some Pike albums. 

What do we GN'R fans get? Nothing.

This band is like a toxic relationship. Lol

Loved Buckets new album...so full of emotion, just incredible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 3:40 PM, WAR41 said:

What I want to know is who the fuck is paying for these things?  Only person I give a pass on this is @troccoli because he runs an unofficial museum.    

And even I think I will pass, and have passed on a good deal of their previous stuff.  The polo is weirdly designed.  I might bite on the t-shirt but I already have the one they made for the Seattle Museum of Pop.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Morning,

I love old BFMV, so as long as it sounds nothing like their shitty last album, I’m good with that! 

Whats with that dodgy beard he’s got going though? :blink::lol:

8 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

It must be pretty hard to find some consistent playing by Slash and singing by Axl...

I’ve been listening to lots of Slash live footage from the last 10 years and he has somehow lost what made him unique.

He’s ALWAYS rushing now.

Listen to his live performances of Wicked Stone...that amazing last solo. Well, live, its melody is completely lost in noodles that dont even fit the song.

Yeah, Slash is playing now technically better than he ever has in his career, but he’s lost a lot of that feel, and right choice of notes and melody, and has replaced it with shred. 

On 5/18/2020 at 6:53 PM, Gunner927 said:

The most exciting part of this so far is hearing that the CD remix album is still in play to possibly be released after new music. :lol:

Why would anyone give a fuck about a CD remix album..ita been 12 years since CD came out.beating a dead horse now..time to move on

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

He’s ALWAYS rushing now.

i think its an addicts brain/ADHD kinda thing lmao his nickname even comes from it, I think he is a natural born improviser and plays everything to sound good to his ears and keep himself interested in his own playing rather than play anything note for note (Axl seems to be the note for note consistency kinda guy nowadays which sucks cause his voice has changed) . 

On 5/18/2020 at 1:09 PM, downzy said:

Look, I'll be honest that having Fernando or anyone directly connected to GNR pop here is a double edged sword.

While it's great to give fans access to someone who can answer their questions (even if most answers don't really provide for any real clarity), it is also a huge pain in the ass for me as the owner managing the hosting costs associated with that kind of visit and the workload for the staff.  While I was certainly happy to have Fernando or anyone else stop by for the fans, it's not without its challenges and costs for the staff and myself.

So for me it's kind of a benefit to having Fernando address fan questions elsewhere with us allowing any reports of what was said to be discussed here.

With respect to why Fernando has taken up residence on Reddit and Discord and ignoring fan forums, only he can answer that. 

The forum's tangential at-best relationship with TB was severed last October when Fernando likened the forum's willingness to allow discussion of leaks as criminally and civilly culpable.  Regardless of how clueless that opinion is about established law around freedom of speech and liability and how hollow those comments were at the time, at that point I had zero interest in maintaining any form of relationship or communication with TB or anyone at GNR for that matter.  It's just not worth the time, energy, or aggravation to keep communication lines open in an attempt to promote the fan perspective to GNR if we're being accused of criminal or civil liable activity. 

Keep in mind that this forum enforced some of the strictest restrictions around the leaks at the time.  The forum held, and still does, a zero tolerance for distribution of leaks, whether it be sharing download links, open requests for leaks, PMs asking for leaks, or even vague posts that could be insinuated as asking for leaks.  We were literally warning and suspending tens of accounts every day during August through September; using a very heavy hand and doing everything we could to ensure that the forum was in no way being used as a distribution hub for illegal activity around copyrighted materials.  The only thing we allowed at the time was for people who had heard the leaks a place to discuss what they heard.  Allowances for discussion of leaks has been present since the very founding of the forum, with leaks discussion occurring in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010/11.  

It was October of last year that I reached out to both Beta and Fernando about another matter (I believe it involved the ongoing issue of YouTube strikes and concerns I had at the time that they were being fed bullshit by a well-known degenerate who had his fingers all over the takedowns) when I was hit with the accusation concerning the forum's complicity in distributing leaks by virtue of allowing discussion of them.  And that pretty much killed any interest I had in maintaining any form of communication with TB or GNR.  Fernando using this forum I can take either way; unfounded and baseless accusations from an organization with hundreds of millions at its disposal?  No thanks.  

Keep in mind that as of today you can still find open discussion on Reddit about the leaks.

Discord, as I understand it from reports from others, was the platform of choice for the distribution of leaks last year.  

GNR has its own fan forum that could be used for these kind of discussions.  Even if Fernando or a member of TB doesn't want to come to this forum where most GNR fans congregate (in terms of fan forums), it's still baffling to me that they won't reward paying members of their fan club by providing access and answering questions.  

So in terms of trying to make sense of everything, my advice would be not.  There is no sense to any of this.  There's no rhyme or reason to it.  But this is GNR we're talking about. 

If Fernando truly thought he could jump on discord and expect people not to record and get his answers out there, I don't know what to tell him.

All of this is so goddamn GNR. Their Nightrain forum would be a perfect place to have AMAs with band members or management. But instead it's a barren wasteland. A second version of GNR Truth, with Mojo creating and moderating all the posts as if he's an actual moderator.

TB is so delusional it's absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 8:17 PM, smokingarthur said:

Fernando is the managerial equivalent of Jack Tunney in the WWF days. He’s essentially nothing more than a figurehead. Axl’s the real “manager”. 

Oh, no he didn't with the Jack Tunney reference. HAHAHAHA

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

I love old BFMV, so as long as it sounds nothing like their shitty last album, I’m good with that! 

Whats with that dodgy beard he’s got going though? :blink::lol:

Yeah, Slash is playing now technically better than he ever has in his career, but he’s lost a lot of that feel, and right choice of notes and melody, and has replaced it with shred. 

Their embracing the hipster beard!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Well hey, this quarantine should mean that the album should be nice and ready come the rescheduled stadium tour, now that they’ve had time to work on it more and hopefully finish things, right?

Right? 

They'll probably tell you they couldn't have gotten in the studio though (wanting to do it the old way and not completely remotely via the internet), because they weren't allowed to congregate...

On 5/18/2020 at 9:04 PM, Shackler's said:

Well. That's it, Fernando is not coming back to chat again when people did what he asked them not to. This community is incredibly self-destructive.

The whole idea of "don't record me" is plain stupid and retard. Actually it goes pretty much in line with the same noob way Team Brazil has been managing this band so far.

It seems like this family is disconnected from realities of how the internet functions. And perhaps in a broader sense, disconnected with reality. 

PS: and I specifically asked him how does he rate his management skills and how does he compare it to Metallica's LOL

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2