Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

9 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Didn't Axl drive over the only copy of 'Legend of the Red Panda' because he was angry with Ashba for giving the title away ? (then kicked Ashba out of the band) 

Sounds like a funny story, but no. 

I think at the moment, even Ashba is missed. Dude looked like an emo Mickey Rourke with a guitar but at least having him and bumblefoot both playing had some quirkiness. It’s a shame the locker leaks weren’t in 2010. At least Ron would have snuck in the odd glimpse of the songs cheekily like with Estranged and Don’t Cry. 

On 6/1/2020 at 3:35 PM, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

I think at the moment, even Ashba is missed. Dude looked like an emo Mickey Rourke with a guitar but at least having him and bumblefoot both playing had some quirkiness. It’s a shame the locker leaks weren’t in 2010. At least Ron would have snuck in the odd glimpse of the songs cheekily like with Estranged and Don’t Cry. 

'The Ballad of Death' is a masterpiece

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 10:35 AM, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

No. Ashba is definitely not missed. In fact, I'm still trying to scrub his Demented™ presence in the band from my brain, six years later.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gunner927 said:

No. Ashba is definitely not missed. In fact, I'm still trying to scrub his Demented™ presence in the band from my brain, six years later.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

'The Ballad of Death' is a masterpiece

The thing is, at least he had some presence. I mean the man looked like any fucker you’d want to punch out in a bizarre Criss Angel mindfuck kind of way, but at least it was something....at least we had something to discuss when he butchers solos. Now it’s.....oh they play the same shit over and over.

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

The thing is, at least he had some presence. I mean the man looked like any fucker you’d want to punch out in a bizarre Criss Angel mindfuck kind of way, but at least it was something....at least we had something to discuss when he butchers solos. Now it’s.....oh they play the same shit over and over.

I’d rather see slash play the same songs every night than a fuckwad like ashba ruin the songs i love.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

From a technical standpoint, isn't 4tus better than Slash? If I recall correctly, he plays some of the Bucket stuff from CD in more recent live performances.

My dream lineup is the 2002 lineup. It's too bad they didn't release a double album.

11 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

From a technical standpoint, isn't 4tus better than Slash? If I recall correctly, he plays some of the Bucket stuff from CD in more recent live performances.

My dream lineup is the 2002 lineup. It's too bad they didn't release a double album.

From a technical standpoint, yes.

And come on now people, you don't want fucking Ashba back, that's just a very  stupid thing to say.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Ashba is a nice guy. Met him at a sixx am concert and he was nice to the fans. Funny thing that the first person in the line for the m&g and the concert was that Asian lady who follows GNR everywhere. She was nice too

From what I’ve been told, he’s quite humble and appreciative. Having met Ron Thal, he’s the same. 

1 hour ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

From what I’ve been told, he’s quite humble and appreciative. Having met Ron Thal, he’s the same. 

Yeah! I’ve met BBF too and he was very nice. He came to Argentina to give a master class and then he played a show. It was nice to hear the Catcher solo

18 minutes ago, Creed said:

They are all nice guys. Except for Tommy most probably. Musically Bumblefoot, Stinson, Brain, Frank and Buckethead never fit into this band. And there was always an image problem. The look of Goth Finck 2002, Horror Wierdo Buckethead, Emo Ashba, Hip Hop / Limp Bizkit Brian was just not GnR. People went nuts when Metallica just cut their hair. A big brand like GnR with completely new members and different looks was a horrible decision by Axl. 

The only guitarist who could have replaced Slash 1:1 in GnR was Brian May. Period.

I Agree, Brain May was amazing guy with Axl, But Axl never went with him

in other news, Run The Jewels new album is amazing and they released it 2 days early because of whats going on in the world and for FREE they also made $75,000 in $1 donations in a couple of hours.. I have a feeling there album is going to be in the charts... 

thats how you do it. 

• Like 1

Well! If Guns N' Roses can tour without a new album in 91, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, I don't see why they can't release an album without a tour.

Also remember that they toured Chinese Democracy in 2010, 2 years after the album was released.

If they released Lies without a tour, The Spaghetti Incident without a tour, Live Era without a tour, I don't get it.

If they released Chinese Democracy without any promotion I don't see why not release an album with tons of promotion now.

Anyway, at least the UYI 30th Anniversary boxset could be something.

But no... It's a hard knock life being a GNR fan.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/06/2020 at 10:40 PM, Creed said:

They are all nice guys. Except for Tommy most probably. Musically Bumblefoot, Stinson, Brain, Frank and Buckethead never fit into this band. And there was always an image problem. The look of Goth Finck 2002, Horror Wierdo Buckethead, Emo Ashba, Hip Hop / Limp Bizkit Brian was just not GnR. People went nuts when Metallica just cut their hair. A big brand like GnR with completely new members and different looks was a horrible decision by Axl. 

The only guitarist who could have replaced Slash 1:1 in GnR was Brian May. Period.

The only guitarist to replace Slash was Brian was the icing on an already crazy cake🤣

On 04/06/2020 at 2:56 PM, Legendador said:

Well! If Guns N' Roses can tour without a new album in 91, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, I don't see why they can't release an album without a tour.

Also remember that they toured Chinese Democracy in 2010, 2 years after the album was released.

If they released Lies without a tour, The Spaghetti Incident without a tour, Live Era without a tour, I don't get it.

If they released Chinese Democracy without any promotion I don't see why not release an album with tons of promotion now.

Anyway, at least the UYI 30th Anniversary boxset could be something.

But no... It's a hard knock life being a GNR fan.

The Illusions 30th anniversary release could overshadow a new album release. Or it could be an excuse not to release a new album in 2021

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

The only guitarist to replace Slash was Brian was the icing on an already crazy cake🤣

Agree, a collaboration with Axl and Brian would've been amazing, however Brian in GNR?? Just imagine going to a GNR show and Brian plays the SCOM intro with his red special.. Doesn't fit at all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Agree, a collaboration with Axl and Brian would've been amazing, however Brian in GNR?? Just imagine going to a GNR show and Brian plays the SCOM intro with his red special.. Doesn't fit at all

Really, what a weird idea. It would have worked for a handful of songs like all the ballads, but can anyone imagine Brian May ripping through It's so easy? 

5 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Yeah I can hear them together, Queen obviously had a lot of hard rock / metal songs and he can obviously write in that style, but yeah! of course a great musician (one of my favourites) but wouldn't pop into my mind as a replacement for Slash.

• Like 1