Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

3 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

He literally says that even though he has the title of "manager", it's Axl's band and he can't say anything without his/they're approval.

So, just confirming what everyone already knows.

No, this only confirms that he is a complete failure as a manager. A real professional manager MANAGES to make things happen, that's his job!

Just now, Gunner927 said:

The most exciting part of this so far is hearing that the CD remix album is still in play to possibly be released after new music. :lol:

That's not exactly what he said.  He said they have it, but want to release the actual album before thinking about looking back and releasing old remixes, etc.

Just now, EricA said:

No, this only confirms that he is a complete failure as a manager. A real professional manager MANAGES to make things happen, that's his job!

In that sense, every manager has failed. Seems like there’s a common theme here 

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

If you haven't listened yet, don't. The biggest takeaway is that Fernando truly "believes" new music will happen "soon" and that if it weren't for COVID he believes it would have happened already.  That's literally it.

Tell me how COVID is preventing any artist to release any music?

THEY

DON"T

HAVE

NEW

MUSIC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, sofine11 said:

That's not exactly what he said.  He said they have it, but want to release the actual album before thinking about looking back and releasing old remixes, etc.

Yes, but even the idea they would still want it to see the light of day kind of tickles me. He also said it's up to Ax.

"Hey, I know it's been 18 years, but Ax finally decided to release the CD remixes."

5 minutes ago, EricA said:

Yes, because he is not the manager. He is Axl's hand puppet, that is only there to deal with the dirty work he doesn't want to do.

I think the most genuine part here was when Fernando takes up for him mom (which every son should do) tells them like it is; then trails off and starts talking about how many shows the band has played in 4 years. Nobody says anything, so the “host” asks an awkward question about a GNR fan made movie and Fernando completely shuts it down:lol:

what a joke from all sides really.

Edited by KeyserSoze

This whole Q&A was essentially Fernando passing the blame to Axl and "the guys" regarding all the things we've been griping about.  Sounds like he really may be getting tired of being blamed for everything.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Ah, the old "blame-the-label" chestnut. Funny how other bands manage to release music on a regular basis, but of course, GNR is always the exception. 

I'm not saying blame the label for the lack of productivity over the years, but when it comes to actually releasing music, yes the label releases it. It's not like Axl is sitting there uploading files to youtube and spotify.

So even if there was a finished album right now (which there probably isn't), no label in their right mind would release it given the current situation.

Even minor/moderately known artists have pushed their albums back a number of months.

And I am not defending Fernando/GNR management at all. I think they are fucking terrible but for fuck sake, look around...the entire world has hit the pause button.

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

This whole Q&A was essentially Fernando passing the blame to Axl and "the guys" regarding all the things we've been griping about.  Sounds like he really may be getting tired of being blamed for everything.

At last I checked Fernando is not a member of Guns N Roses. He does what Axl wants and or approves. End of story

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Even if thats the case, at least Fernando live streamed🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

At last I checked Fernando is not a member of Guns N Roses. He does what Axl wants and or approves. End of story

It should be obvious how much say Fernando has in this type of stuff. He can certainly throw suggestions out there, but those guys have final say and give orders/direction on just about everything 

Edited by guitarpatch

6 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I do think being GNR's manager in many ways is a thankless job.  You're going to disappoint fans regardless since ultimately Axl will have the final say and Axl has proven, year after year, to prioritizing touring or something else over releasing new music.  

So I don't doubt that people working for and on behalf of GNR are likely just as frustrated with respect to new music.  It would make their jobs a lot easier in many ways.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, downzy said:

I do think being GNR's manager in many ways is a thankless job.  You're going to disappoint fans regardless since ultimately Axl will have the final say and Axl has proven, year after year, to prioritizing touring or something else over releasing new music.  

So I don't doubt that people working for and on behalf of GNR are likely just as frustrated with respect to new music.  It would make their jobs a lot easier in many ways.  

I've been a pretty big outspoken critic of TB, but I agree, they can't physically force Axl to release music, videos, concerts, etc. And when it's him who ultimately has to sign on the dotted line, there's only so much his handlers can do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

The discussion fernando has with the former mygnr user is pretty interesting though.

I loved when they talk about the cancelled Better video and some of the art worl for Chinese. Fernando kinda throws the blame at Azoff, but at the same time is open and honest about that time period. Fair play to him

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I started a new topic because in my honest opinion this is the most amount of bullshit we’ve heard so far. 

Some fan twitter sites are claiming Fernando did one of his “dont record me” podcasts (if you can even call it that) on Discord the other day where he said exactly that, then refused to give a timeline on when we may see (or hear) anything new...

EDIT: all of fernandos comments regarding a new album: 

“thats information I cant share... just know its coming.”

- (On Hardschool NOT being played in Miami) “axl knows all the songs.. uhhhh... he has in his Arsenal and... he picks and chooses what goes where and how. He accounts for breathing and the way he feels the concert flows best. The setlist goes how the setlist goes, and regardless of whats on there, it gets played per Axl and the guys.”

How come every other band in the world can just announce something concrete and then it actualy happens, whereas with GnR you're always "working on something" yet nothing is ever concrete and eventually nothing happens 99% of the time? Whether it's video's that are publicized on yourtube (nearly every band in the world recently), single releases (Rolling Stones recently) or album releases (Bob Dylan recently). Why can every other band just do that and you can't? Every other band in the world is putting tons of videos and concerts on YouTube right now. They just have them ready. Everybody except GnR who are “working it it”. What on earth is taking that much time? Re-recording all the vocals? And anybody who still believes GnR was about to release an album is insane. We're talking about Guns n' Roses. The one band that can never announce anything concrete. Most bands, big and small, are releasing albums and singles. The ones that aren't releasing it now are announcing they've changed date x to date y. And Guns n' Roses who were "presumably" working on an album that may or may not be ready soon suddenly announces that in retrospect they'd have released music by now if it wasn't for a pandemic that isn't having much impact on normal bands. Think about how incredibly idiotic that sounds. And it pisses me off that a. management thinks we're dumb enough to buy that shit and b. some people actually do. GnR never says "something will be out on a specific date 2 months from now". It's always "well if thing x wouldn't have happened, we'd totally have had something out 2 months ago even though we hadn't announced anything. But we totally would have." Always excuses afterwards, never actual announcements for the future.How come every other band in the world can just announce something concrete and then it actualy happens, whereas with GnR you're always "working on something" yet nothing is ever concrete and eventually nothing happens 99% of the time? Whether it's video's that are publicized on yourtube (nearly every band in the world recently), single releases (Rolling Stones recently) or album releases (Bob Dylan recently). Why can every other band just do that and you can't? Every other band in the world is putting tons of videos and concerts on YouTube right now. They just have them ready. Everybody except GnR who are “working it it”. What on earth is taking that much time? Re-recording all the vocals? And anybody who still believes GnR was about to release an album is insane. We're talking about Guns n' Roses. The one band that can never announce anything concrete. Most bands, big and small, are releasing albums and singles. The ones that aren't releasing it now are announcing they've changed date x to date y. And Guns n' Roses who were "presumably" working on an album that may or may not be ready soon suddenly announces that in retrospect they'd have released music by now if it wasn't for a pandemic that isn't having much impact on normal bands. Think about how incredibly idiotic that sounds. And it pisses me off that a. management thinks we're dumb enough to buy that shit and b. some people actually do. GnR never says "something will be out on a specific date 2 months from now". It's always "well if thing x wouldn't have happened, we'd totally have had something out 2 months ago even though we hadn't announced anything. But we totally would have." Always excuses afterwards, never actual announcements for the future.

• Like 1

Another *interesting* tidbit: 

someone asks about a Chinese ‘remix’ album. I think he was trying to basically tell Fernando about the recent Chinese Democracy leaks but drew back on his comment and only mentioned a ‘remix’ album.

fernando says: “we do have some remixes done. Its up to Ax on when to get it. Personally if we were to release a remix before the new music in any shape or form, i think we really just have to lead with the new music, then we will have freedom to explore other material.”

7 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

oh for fuck's sake half of lynyrd skynyrd dies in a fucking plane crash and the band still manages to release music... if anything covid19 should accelerate new music since they cant rely on the same fucking redundant shows to make money now

Precisely what I think as well, but they may see new music as a way to promote their tours... so if no tour is happening then they don't feel the need to release anything.  It's the opposite of what it was 30 years ago where a tour would promote an album.  Then my theory is shot to shit when you analyze the last 10 years :shrugs:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, username said:

Every other band in the world is putting tons of videos and concerts on YouTube right now. They just have them ready.

Every other band is just releasing old stuff they have already released.

Like if GNR released the Tokyo 92 show, which would just lead to further complaints on here.