Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Every other band is just releasing old stuff they have already released.

Like if GNR released the Tokyo 92 show, which would just lead to further complaints on here. 

Well, maybe if GN'R had more than TWO officially released live shows in 35 years, that wouldn't be an issue...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Every other band is just releasing old stuff they have already released.

Like if GNR released the Tokyo 92 show, which would just lead to further complaints on here. 

Prince's band The Revolution released a Prince show from 1985 on Youtube that had been widely available on DVD or VHS over time and what they did to make it special was put the audio of the concert on streaming services and a couple band members did a Q&A before the live stream started

There are so many easy and non-time consuming things GNR can do to at least show fans they actually care.  How hard would a 30, or even 20 minute live Q&A with Duff or Slash between them and the fans before a Tokyo 1992 stream be?  Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament did just that on the Youtube premier of their new album during this whole quarantine

Okay, so this comment seems to be the most concrete from this conversation so far: 

Fernando talks about the ways each show on the NITL tour has been recorded, but then he starts listing festivals instead of stadium shows, which would mean the festival recorded it and not the band. 

he mentions Coachella and Rock in Rio. 

Someone them screams “TROUBADOUR” 

and this is Fernandos exact reply: 

“So Troubadour, we have it right, and obviously troubadour is going through some financial issues- (they talk about the owner(?) of some media company trying to profit off of Guns performance there) “throughout the process of recording, getting, and like he was super cool and super understandablw then he took it upon himself to start releasing without our OK. I get his side but i dont agree.”

“so yeah we are looking to see what we can do from Troubadour.. ummm that we can share and raise awareness from Troubadours go fund me page.”

Okay, Fernando, I gave you a little less credit then I should have. You see the opportunity, now lets see if you can capitalize. This seems like a plan in motion to me. If nothing comes of it, well then you played yourself.

Edited by KeyserSoze

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Oh well, let me be the voice of dissent then. I liked him taking the time for this, even if we all know by now that Axl is calling the shots, not him. So we won't magically get answers to the new music questions.

If he would've done this on Nightrain, it wouldn't have been half as good imo. It would just be people saying how great the shows all are and how they love Axl and their new T-shirt or when they will ship the children's book to Europe.

At least now the questions were asked that have always been asked by the forum people, even if he couldn't give a satisfactory answer.

I'm not sure if people burned any bridges by recording it. In the end, nothing really has been said that would concern anyone outside the forum world, I think?

Also, I think he just said he liked reddit because there's all sorts of people there. And this talk seems like him not wanting to type it all out and just have an informal chat with people. Not sure where he could have done that without making a huge fuss about it. He knows that there are no mods there, so anything can be thrown at him. While as downzy said, it would create extra work on the forum here and it would just be more complex.

At least now we know that we shouldn't expect the live footage within two weeks and it will only be separate songs. That's a bit of a disappointment. I would love a full show.

this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

Seriously. You think you're gonna onto a public internet platform and have a 2-hour chat with the fan base, and that shit won't leak out because you promised everyone to pinky swear?

If you don't want it getting out, don't do it in the first place. And if you're gonna do it, accept it's probably gonna come out.

This, he love be in the spotligh..... himself feel more important that GNR is.

Obviously Fernando is not very well liked here!   I am not too sure what being so negative will accomplish and as a new person here it has made me feel rather sorry for him.   I find it so disrespectful that somebody recorded this chat when he asked them not too, I would say it was non too honerable.

But who am I to comment as you have all been here a long while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

you realize record companies release music right, not the bands themselves? 

so many on this board so fucking clueless to business...smh these "fans"...

The same companies having no issues releasing  other artist music?

Heres Fernandos actual quote from about 46 minutes in:

“If the tours weren’t as they are now, we would have had music by now. I believe. Because of everything thats happened and  how its unprecedented in our world and the priority of people worrying and being scared of the unknown took precedent. Its coming. I truly believe deep down in my heart its coming.”

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Heres Fernandos actual quote from about 46 minutes in:

“If the tours weren’t as they are now, we would have had music by now. I believe. Because of everything thats happened and  how its unprecedented in our world and the priority of people worrying and being scared of the unknown took precedent. Its coming. I truly believe deep down in my heart its coming.”

He believes. Which means he doesnt really know shit. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

It was a dumb question anyway. As if fernando would say anything interesting regarding that.

He could have made any comment that lead to ask him which vocal style Axl would use in new material...I dont know, or even ask him if he had vocal surgery or anything.

Why whould any fan interrumpt and change that subject is beyond my understanding

2 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

Totally worth it to hear Fernando crying about how he took the insults for the children's book personally and his feelings were hurt.

Well, maybe don't whore out the GN'R name for your own little project.

Did he really say that?! Wow. 

7 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I can't believe one of the guys asked Fernando about Axls vocal changes, and when Fernando started to answer another one interrupted him and changed the subject...WTF?????????????!

Fernando would've just brushed it off and said it's not his place to talk about it.

This just makes me wonder, if Fernando has to constantly keep deferring to Axl, almost unequivocally, what the hell does he actually manage or do? Does he help with the tour? Does he do anything tangible that we can see? I'm not trying to insult the guy, it seems like a quite difficult job. But with Axl having an agent, a record label, along with everyone else having an agent (and also being one of the biggest bands in the world), i just simply wonder what his week to week job consists of in the GN'R operations..

16 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Obviously Fernando is not very well liked here!   I am not too sure what being so negative will accomplish and as a new person here it has made me feel rather sorry for him.   I find it so disrespectful that somebody recorded this chat when he asked them not too, I would say it was non too honerable.

But who am I to comment as you have all been here a long while.

I think it has less to do with him as a person, although him saying "Fuck Rick" is really unprofessional, and more with the fact that his job should be to manage the band in the best way possible. For us, hardcore and new fans alike, we cut our teeth on the albums and live performances of this band. If, ALL SIGNS, are pointing to 'this band should release some live stuff during this pandemic if they can't release new music', then it seems really detrimental to the band that live videos have been taken down in the last year, and nothing of note has or seemingly positive will be released. It's difficult to stay positive when something seems so obvious and easy; yet here we are with no results. The band is willing to recognize the old eras, like the Hammerstein playlist, but not self-aware enough to release a live video from that great show. Seems really sad, so many simple, incredibly simple things can be done, and they're not. Maybe there's a lot to deal with that we don't realize. Maybe Axl is soooooooo difficult to work with, we couldn't even imagine. Or maybe the record label, who knows. All I know, is that transparency would be more appreciated than anything besides some new material or pro shots. That way, if I know this band has no future, I can move on. Instead, were left chomping at the bits of what might be.