Fernando now claiming COVID “prevented Guns from releasing new material”

Just now, WildStar said:

That's true. Not sure where fans can direct their frustration. To a Twitter account that he logs in to 5 times a year?

Fernando bares the brunt of it, because deep down, the fans know Axl doesn't give a shit and never has.

• Like 2

Just now, WildStar said:

That's true. Not sure where fans can direct their frustration. To a Twitter account that he logs in to 5 times a year?

Or we could go and support lesser known artists who work their arse off and release new material as opposed to paying silly money for something approaching cabaret. 

After the initial excitement of seeing a certain combination of players onstage again at the start of NITL, I've had very little interest after it became obvious that nothing creative was forthcoming. 

I'll jump to purchase as soon as there's something genuinely new released but if it's just endless touring and releasing stupid shite like children's books, I'll not bother paying attention.

14 minutes ago, betterman said:

Postponed relases because of the covid-19:

Bon Jovi

Bush

Biffy Clyro

Lady Gaga

Deep Purple

Smashing Pumpkins

+

+

Are these all officially announced to be released rather than 'I believe' to be released. 

Wow this will be the 15th studio album release by Bon Jovi. Their first album was only 3 years before Appetite. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Creed said:

Its like having a sex chat with a girl online. I actually never record anything and put it online. It really is disrespectful. Fernando wont come back because of that. But his info was useless, so he can stay away.

It's pretty obvious that his word doesn't mean shit. I think he speaks out of wishful thinking more than anything else. I don't think he wants things to be this way, but Axl's the one calling the shots, and Fernando's just hoping for the best, much like the fans. This is why the online fan community need to stop hanging on Fernando's every word, because until such a time as something is officially announced with regards to new music, there are no guarentees and the promises of a wishful thinking manager mean jack shit.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Legendador said:

Right! And the setlist has been pretty much the same for 4 years...

Not really. Whole lotta changes, additions, subtractions. This is a fallacy people propagate just to have something to complain about.

unless people expect popular songs like Jungle, YCBM, heavens door, nightrain, sweet child and so on to be removed, which will never happen. 

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

It's pretty obvious that his word doesn't mean shit. I think he speaks out of wishful thinking more than anything else. I don't think he wants things to be this way, but Axl's the one calling the shots, and Fernando's just hoping for the best, much like the fans. This is why the online fan community need to stop hanging on Fernando's every word, because until such a time as something is officially announced with regards to new music, there are no guarentees and the promises of a wishful thinking manager mean jack shit.

Yeah, the way he worded it, saying 'deep down I believe it's coming' or something like that, it does sound like something I could say, more wishful thinking than anything. I'm sure he knows after all these years that nothing is sure with GNR unless you're actually seeing it with your own eyes/hearing it/holding it in your hands. The smallest thing seems enough to throw a spanner in the works and block Axl.

4 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Not really. Whole lotta changes, additions, subtractions. This is a fallacy people propagate just to have something to complain about.

unless people expect popular songs like Jungle, YCBM, heavens door, nightrain, sweet child and so on to be removed, which will never happen. 

Yep the setlist has gone through a bunch of changes since 2016.

Could it have covered more? Of course! But the current setlist is pretty much perfect in terms of what it covers.

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

Do you think Axl has lost all interest and his goal now is to make a load of dosh and scram? 

Yes. This.

Axl said himself in the 2010 forums chats in answer to when CD was going to be followed up: "don't know, don't care."

13 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

This just makes me wonder, if Fernando has to constantly keep deferring to Axl, almost unequivocally, what the hell does he actually manage or do? Does he help with the tour? Does he do anything tangible that we can see? I'm not trying to insult the guy, it seems like a quite difficult job. But with Axl having an agent, a record label, along with everyone else having an agent (and also being one of the biggest bands in the world), i just simply wonder what his week to week job consists of in the GN'R operations..

Telling those people what Axl wants, so Axl doesn't have to talk to them personally. Otherwise I think he's just a gloryfied assistant, doing whatever Axl tells him to do/doesn't want to do himself, because he's a star, with occasional own ideas, which he has to run by Axl to get it done. And bitch about the ungrateful fan base (the one, which affords him to live a life, 90 % of us never get to live).

Edited by PatrickS77

30 minutes ago, Towelie said:

He stated this many times in the Q&A. He made it clear that he understands the frustrations, but unless the band give him the go ahead on any serious decision then it’s out of his hands entirely. He did sound as if he believes a new album will be released. 

13 hours ago, Spuffy78 said:

kcjcgnbl-e1574265328706-1280x720.jpg

Release a remix album of CD stuff until you can properly release a new album if it's real. The fact these dumbfucks can't figure this out is astonishing. 

He is right in that regard. Absolutely no one wants a fucking remix album with songs even further ruined, of an album, no one cared about in the first place, of a line up of GNR long gone, which never was considered to be GNR by anyone anyway. It would be the biggest joke to release that in the 4th year of the Axl/Slash/Duff reunion.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

Hey Fernando, do you wanna be a REAL Manager? Make the band release something that's not a GH or remasters of old songs. Make the band work together in new music. Walkin beside Axl Rose everywhere he goes makes you a walker.

No one does "make" Axl do anything, except Axl (and even he has a hard time convincing him to do something). Fernando knows that. That's why he's the manager. Others didn't. That's why they are Ex-managers.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, EricA said:

No, this only confirms that he is a complete failure as a manager. A real professional manager MANAGES to make things happen, that's his job!

Well, you can be real and professional all you want. That won't help you when you have to deal with Axl Rose. There were plenty of real and professional managers along the way and not many things were made to happen. ;) But yeah, at least you would know not to promise things you, deep down in your heart, know you can't promise. But that's why he never confirmed it was him on Reddit. He wanted to say there is an album coming, but he wanted to not bite him in the ass, if it isn't.

16 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No one does "make" Axl do anything, except Axl (and even he has a hard time convincing him to do something). Fernando knows that. That's why he's the manager. Others didn't. That's why they are Ex-managers.

That is probably accurate. Real and professional mangers cannot get Axl to comply with industry level demands, so Fernando knows Axl best and can perform many of those duties without any demands that would potentially upset Axl. I’m certain Fernando is good at what his duties are and probably is the gatekeeper to blocking a lot of shit Axl doesn’t even want to waste his energy knowing about.

To be fair though, at least what he says in term of the copyright strikes makes sense and if he is speaking the truth and following up on seeing to it that those strikes get removed, kudos to him.

Edit: Also the fact that he mentions the Troubadour recording, the financial issues they had with the Company that recorded it and that they are still Looking into what can be done with the material, also in conjunction to help the Troubadour, is pretty cool. Of course, on the assumption he's not full of shit and really is following up on it.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, you can be real and professional all you want. That won't help you when you have to deal with Axl Rose. There were plenty of real and professional managers along the way and not many things were made to happen. ;) But yeah, at least you would know not to promise things you, deep down in your heart, know you can't promise. But that's why he never confirmed it was him on Reddit. He wanted to say there is an album coming, but he wanted to not bite him in the ass, if it isn't.

In terms of recording and releasing new music, you and others are completely right, for this it needs Axl and the whole band to come out of their caves.

I much more refered to his never ending unprofessional promises.

Like the recent one, to upload video stuff ...there's no need for the band to do it.

It's only on him to get things done, with what ever company they are working with, to finsh the material.

Don't promis shit, not even talk about it, if you've nothing on your hands, just DO it, and then get out a proper announcment.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, EricA said:

In terms of recording and releasing new music, you and others are completely right, for this it needs Axl and the whole band to come out of their caves.

I much more refered to his never ending unprofessional promises.

Like the recent one, to upload video stuff ...there's no need for the band to do it.

It's only on him to get things done, with what ever company they are working with, to finsh the material.

Don't promis shit, not even talk about it, if you've nothing on your hands, just DO it, and then get out a proper announcment.

Oh, well. Is it professional to talk about unlaid eggs? Probably not. But if he would say nothing, what would we have to bitch About? And we always want to know shit. So, I don't know. :shrugs: Maybe he spoke about it too early, but I don't want to believe he is just full of shit, so maybe we really just have to be a Little more patient with those video things to happen. That at least seems an easier task than to release new music. One that doesn't involve Axl's Input.

In any case, there's been a plenty of time regarding these promo things that don't need much of the band's direct involvement or are downright prepared remotely/online only. Tons of stuff could have been out by now. Let's not be just black-or-white about this. He may be right about some things, but the management, with all the so-called communication with fans (Reddit) and the negative crap surrounding, just sucks. It definitely could be managed in a much better way. Let's not make F'nando an exclusively good guy all of a sudden and put everything back on Axl again, just because of one interview. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

what huge releases have come out during the pandemic?

Music is being released.  I wont name bands, because I will get the same generic "they arent that big" etc.  Doesnt have to be a full album.  Ever hear of Billy Joe Armstrong, lead singer of a HUGELY succuessful band?  He has been releasing a cover song every monday since thi has started.  Just give the fans something. Its really easy if the band really wants to

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

In any case, there's been a plenty of time regarding these promo things that don't need much of the band's direct involvement or are downright prepared remotely/online only. Tons of stuff could have been out by now. Let's not be just black-or-white about this. He may be right about some things, but the management, with all the so-called communication with fans (Reddit) and the negative crap surrounding, just sucks. It definitely could be managed in a much better way. Let's not make F'nando an exclusively good guy all of a sudden and put everything back on Axl again, just because of one interview. 

How is anyone other than Axl responsible for GNR having released one album in the last quarter of a century?

What's Fernando meant to do? Hold a gun to his head and force him to record/release new music?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Yes. This.

Axl said himself in the 2010 forums chats in answer to when CD was going to be followed up: "don't know, don't care."

So maybe he was angry due to the reception of CD and as a consequence there is no more...