Sobriety tags

Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We already allow imprisonment and fines so I don't see the problem. But to your question: Probably not.

Well its the idea of being monitored like that over your drinking.  Someone stacks a car or knocks someone out when they're drunk, OK fine, punish em, maybe a sentence if its warranted or a fine...but does that means that every time after that if they have a couple of pints it should work out as some kind of parole violation, if in fact thats the way they're gonna play it. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Well its the idea of being monitored like that over your drinking.  Someone stacks a car or knocks someone out when they're drunk, OK fine, punish em, maybe a sentence if its warranted or a fine...but does that means that every time after that if they have a couple of pints it should work out as some kind of parole violation, if in fact thats the way they're gonna play it. 

I just considered it a form of punishment and as a form of punishment we as a society already employ worse things. But of course one could argue that it is a too harsh punishment in specific cases. But that argument could be held over any prison sentencing, too. As a principle I have no more problems with mandatory alcohol monitoring than other stuff we do to criminals.

Addiction is a public health issue and should be addressed from that analysis.

linking abstinence to bail and parole conditions is a recipe to spend tax payers money on senseless and avoidable recidivism (In addition to being s moral failure).

19 hours ago, Dazey said:

Can we get one rigged up to a cattle prod that electrocutes them whenever they have a bevvy? 

Oh, and film it. Definitely film it. :lol: 

I heard they have electrified car alarms in South Africa cuz they have so many car jackings there. 

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Imagine if you accidentally set it off though :lol:  Fall against the car whilst pissed or something :lol:

If I was passing one of them rigged cars with a friend I would 100% push them into it to set it off. Why wouldn't you it would be fucking hysterical😂

22 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

If I was passing one of them rigged cars with a friend I would 100% push them into it to set it off. Why wouldn't you it would be fucking hysterical😂

This is why you, me and Len should never meet. It would be like the Keymaster and the Gatekeeper shagging in Ghostbusters. :lol: 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

What and roast the poor bastard to a crisp?  I’m all for a laugh Spunks but that’d be a tricky one to explain at his funeral to his Mum.  ‘Was only a joke Mrs Lwellyn!’.

On an unrelated note, I keep having dreams about doing cocaine.  Its been weeks now, every other night I’m doing lines of charlie in my dreams or else losing a fuckin’ wrap and looking for it or some shit like that :lol: 

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

What and roast the poor bastard to a crisp?  I’m all for a laugh Spunks but that’d be a tricky one to explain at his funeral to his Mum.  ‘Was only a joke Mrs Lwellyn!’.

On an unrelated note, I keep having dreams about doing cocaine.  Its been weeks now, every other night I’m doing lines of charlie in my dreams or else losing a fuckin’ wrap and looking for it or some shit like that :lol: 

It would be more to set the voice off going "STEP BACK STEP BACK" and watch him shit hiself as he scrambled away before the flames shot out 😁

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

It would be more to set the voice off going "STEP BACK STEP BACK" and watch him shit hiself as he scrambled away before the flames shot out 😁

See in my desperate mature mind I envisioned a sort of Wil E Coyote moment where he gets burned to a crisp before turning and doing a Stan Laurel look at the camera and falling into pieces of ash :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

I can see this being reassuring for people who are living with the risk of domestic violence. It's a hugely under-reported area of crime and one which disproportionately affects women and children. If they ain't going to lock the bastard up, and there's no room in a refuge, then this is one intermediate step to protect lives. 

• Like 1