Powderfinger - One Night Lonely (reunion)

megaguns1982

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

Did anyone watch this on YouTube last night? 7pm AEDST

powderfinger disbanded 10 years ago, I was a massive fan and so happy to see this. I’d highly recommend to anyone who loves rock music to check this out.... they haven’t skipped a beat, Bernards vocals are on point!

https://youtu.be/r_V5jNSYjAs

Yup I watched it, and was impressed / enjoyed it. 

You're right his vocals were perfect, whilst the whole performance was brilliantly mixed - and the guitar tones fantastic.

Curious as to how they did it. It was obviously not live and all well organised, but whenever it was recorded it was done live - i'm guessing they must have had a click track or something as playing remotely from different locations surely isn't possible live as timing is vital.

Regardless, it was cool, was pleasantly surprised. 

12 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Yup I watched it, and was impressed / enjoyed it. 

You're right his vocals were perfect, whilst the whole performance was brilliantly mixed - and the guitar tones fantastic.

Curious as to how they did it. It was obviously not live and all well organised, but whenever it was recorded it was done live - i'm guessing they must have had a click track or something as playing remotely from different locations surely isn't possible live as timing is vital.

Regardless, it was cool, was pleasantly surprised. 

The mix was perfect, I’m assuming it was recorded in the past week and each musician probably played against a backing track then they mixed the live performances together, that would explain why each song was exactly like the studio versions but obviously live.

i hope this leads to a reunion tour and a new album. definitely made my weekend.

• Like 1