Wow...Sailing!!!!

DurhamGirl

As only just 'discovered' GnR I am working my way through their musical history.  I noticed comment on a thread citing  Axl singing Rod Stewarts' Sailing, I have just had a listen and am totally blown away and goose bumped:wow:   He sounds just amazing, what are your memories, thoughts etc 

One of my favorite ever performances from Axl. Such power behind his voice there, you can really feel the emotion through the way he sings. It's so good I don't even want a studio recording of that song, just a high quality version of that live performance.

• Like 1

My memories and thoughts are very fresh because I just saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. I had seen people's comments on here but for some reason had never checked it out. I was stunned and blown away, quite possibly the best vocal performance from Axl. I even texted the link to a friend who isn't a Guns fan and I very rarely do that shit.😄

On 5/24/2020 at 7:44 AM, DurhamGirl said:

As only just 'discovered' GnR I am working my way through their musical history.  I noticed comment on a thread citing  Axl singing Rod Stewarts' Sailing, I have just had a listen and am totally blown away and goose bumped:wow:   He sounds just amazing, what are your memories, thoughts etc 

There are two versions, I think both from the same night in London 2006. One is the electric performance from Wembley stadium. The other is the even better acaustic version from a surprise club gig later that night. Both can be found on youtube I think. Both are stellar, but like I said I prefer the acoustic one. 

Edited by username