Live playing energy

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So playing with someone for 30 years is facepalm?  lol 

I’m not sure if I understand. Frank hasn’t been playing with Slash,Duff and Axl for 30 years. Axl is keeping him because he’s loyal to Frank and Frank has always been dependable. He doesn’t want to deal with Steven’s issues or Sorum’s ego. Brain was the best all around drummer this band ever had but he left for the same reason Ron ultimately left. That falls squarely on Axl’s shoulders. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I’m not sure if I understand. Frank hasn’t been playing with Slash,Duff and Axl for 30 years. Axl is keeping him because he’s loyal to Frank and Frank has always been dependable. He doesn’t want to deal with Steven’s issues or Sorum’s ego. Brain was the best all around drummer this band ever had but he left for the same reason Ron ultimately left. That falls squarely on Axl’s shoulders. 

Franks been playing with 4tus for 30 years.

They were in Love Spit Love, Psychedelic Furs and the Dead Daisies(With Dizzy) together. I think he also played with Neil Young.

It was 4tus and Tommy who recommended Frank

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Franks been playing with 4tus for 30 years.

They were in Love Spit Love, Pschedlic Furs and the Dead Daisys together. I think he also played with Neil Young.

Correct but that has nothing to do with Guns.  Richard and Frank are there because they both keep quiet, are team players and don’t care about whatever Axl does. They are content to be a part of Guns in whatever capacity Axl decides . 

9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Correct but that has nothing to do with Guns.  Richard and Frank are there because they both keep quiet, are team players and don’t care about whatever Axl does. They are content to be a part of Guns in whatever capacity Axl decides . 

No because they are good musically as well 4tus has been doing music for virtually everyone in the industry including Puff Daddy, hell Slash's manager tried to steal 4tus according to him(grain of salt)

Duff and Frank have played together since 2010 when Duff first did You Could Be Mine in London, Again in 2012 for little bit and the South America Tour in 2014.

They are there because  they earned it.

Being a team Player is essential to any organization so thats not bad.

Glenn Frey used to say a Rock Band is not a Democracy it's a sports team and nobody gets to touch the ball all the time.

The inside linebacker is just as important as the Quarterback even if they don't get the spotlight or the pomp. 

For the Europeans the equivalent is the Defensive Backs and the Central Defenders are just as important as the Midfielders and the Striker even though they don't get to score goals all the time.

18 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

No because they are good musically as well 4tus has been doing music for virtually everyone in the industry including Puff Daddy, hell Slash's manager tried to steal 4tus according to him(grain of salt)

Duff and Frank have played together since 2010 when Duff first did You Could Be Mine in London, Again in 2012 for little bit and the South America Tour in 2014.

They are there because  they earned it.

Being a team Player is essential to any organization so thats not bad.

Glenn Frey used to say a Rock Band is not a Democracy it's a sports team and nobody gets to touch the ball all the time.

The inside linebacker is just as important as the Quarterback even if they don't get the spotlight or the pomp. 

For the Europeans the equivalent is the Defensive Backs and the Central Defenders are just as important as the Midfielders and the Striker even though they don't get to score goals all the time.

To each their own.

Slash and Duff would both prefer a different drummer but that would jeopardize everything that’s happened from 2016 to now. 

6 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

To each their own.

Slash and Duff would both prefer a different drummer but that would jeopardize everything that’s happened from 2016 to now. 

Again you don't know Slash and Duff.  Stop stating your opinion as fact. If Frank jeopardize they would have replaced him before the tour.

I don't necessarily think that Slash and Duff dislike Frank at all, depending on what you believe of course. That said, I do think that the current line-up was likely somewhat of a compromise - they put together a line-up that would ensure the least amount of drama/ego. The reunion was clearly about the big three, and we're talking about Axl and Slash repairing a fractured relationship. I don't think Slash and Duff were in the place to ruin any of that by telling Axl to fire his guys. Didn't Frank say he wasn't sure he was going to get the call? It sounds like they probably talked about the complications with the drummer situation and found it easier to go with a neutral party (let Axl keep his guy) and throw Adler a bone for a few songs. My view of the situation anyways.

I also honestly believe that had Frank not wanted to do it then it would have sooner been Adler full time (I doubt he would have demanded the loot as it were) or Fitz over Sorum. Sorum has an ego like the big three and it truly seems like they just wanted to put together the most drama free line-up.

Likewise with the Pitman situation. I'd be curious to know what actually happened. I liked the story about Duff shoving him against the wall and firing him. :lol:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Likewise with the Pitman situation. I'd be curious to know what actually happened. I liked the story about Duff shoving him against the wall and firing him. :lol:

Regardless from his comments about the reunion (Cash Grab, etc.)... He was one the last members who wanted something new. He had much more songwriting credits than on the actual release. I would also say that he was a better songwriter for GN'R than Melissa. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Why does Frank make people seethe on here so much?

I wondered, or wonder the same thing with the hate for DJ Ashba. I thought DJ was excellent. Different from Robin, but still a great guitar player in or above the Slash realm, which is a tier below Bumble and Bucket from an ability standpoint.

Axl has always surrounded himself with talent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I don't necessarily think that Slash and Duff dislike Frank at all, depending on what you believe of course. That said, I do think that the current line-up was likely somewhat of a compromise - they put together a line-up that would ensure the least amount of drama/ego. The reunion was clearly about the big three, and we're talking about Axl and Slash repairing a fractured relationship. I don't think Slash and Duff were in the place to ruin any of that by telling Axl to fire his guys. Didn't Frank say he wasn't sure he was going to get the call? It sounds like they probably talked about the complications with the drummer situation and found it easier to go with a neutral party (let Axl keep his guy) and throw Adler a bone for a few songs. My view of the situation anyways.

Hit the nail on the head. Slash and Duff knew that Axl had played with the guys for years in some case decades and they gave up their share when they left.  
Duff played with these guys before so he probably was ok  with it but just needed to convince Slash. 

If DJ, Bumble and Tommy didn't leave the band this reunion probably wouldn't have happened.

It just 's the fact that  GNR needed a Guitar and Bass Player and who better then Slash and Duff?  This didn't seem forced  and just was the right situation at the right time. The rest of the band was in place they just needed those 2 spots.

Frank, Dizzy, 4tus and Mel know the reunion is not about them(I wonder if they are happy about that) less pressure and spotlight on them so they can do their job and not have to worry about any corporate bullshit. Everyone seems to get along and  having fun and are on the way to releasing an album(hopefully)

I think it was Slash who was maybe skeptical about Frank. Again Duff did play the CD lineup so he had more experience with him  I do think DJ would have been part of this lineup if he didn't leave. 

Axl said in 2016 that Duff and Slash had to work with Frank a little more because he is a much different drummer (style wise) then a straight ahead Rock Drummer like Fitz, Sorum etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

I also honestly believe that had Frank not wanted to do it then it would have sooner been Adler full time (I doubt he would have demanded the loot as it were) or Fitz over Sorum. Sorum has an ego like the big three and it truly seems like they just wanted to put together the most drama free line-up.

What’s this? I’ve never heard of this - what apparently happened and when?

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Regardless from his comments about the reunion (Cash Grab, etc.)... He was one the last members who wanted something new. He had much more songwriting credits than on the actual release. I would also say that he was a better songwriter for GN'R than Melissa. 

To be fair - we don’t really know as we have nothing to compare.....yet!

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Supposedly after Pitman went on his drunken rant on Facebook or wherever he went to the studio for rehearsal and Duff shoved him up against the wall and fired him. Not sure where that rumor came from but I like to think that it actually happened haha.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

I can't even remember what the source was. Probably one of those Alternative Nation articles or something. It was around the time Pitman quit/got fired and there was an article claiming that he had had it out with Slash and Duff at rehearsal. Duff allegedly pushed him into the wall and told him to get lost.

Edit: See above. :lol:

Edited by James Bond

Just now, James Bond said:

I can't even remember what the source was. Probably one of those Alternative Nation articles or something. It was around the time Pitman quit/got fired and there was an article claiming that he had had it out with Slash and Duff at rehearsal. Duff allegedly pushed him into the wall and told him to get lost.

They tried to bring him back and he ignored their calls. I know that for sure. 

9 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Supposedly after Pitman went on his drunken rant on Facebook or wherever he went to the studio for rehearsal and Duff shoved him up against the wall and fired him. Not sure where that rumor came from but I like to think that it actually happened haha.

Apparently it was because Axl got upset so basically Duff said dont talk shit to axl then gave him the boot. 

I heard rumours that he was also turing his keyboard way to loud and just being a complete mess

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I heard rumours that he was also turing his keyboard way to loud and just being a complete mess

That's something I can understand, because his role in the band has decreased more and more during the last decade. Bringing Slash and Duff back to the band and going on tour with no music was probably not something he has expected. 

20 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

😂 - quality.

20 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Edit: See above. :lol:

😂 👍

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

That's something I can understand, because his role in the band has decreased more and more during the last decade. Bringing Slash and Duff back to the band and going on tour with no music was probably not something he has expected. 

He seemed genuinely surprised and upset that only the big three were being promoted as the band for the tour. His arrogance was astounding. What did he expect? It was a reunion tour. He had nothing to do with what those three did together.