Live playing energy

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I like Melissa, she seems like a sweet person and a cool musician to play with.

I don't think Fortus was ever considered for SMKC. The only person who has ever said that was him on a Facebook post somewhere and Slash already had a long list of guys auditioning for that spot so I don't think his name was ever in the (top) hat. Plus I can't see Slash happily taking on the guy who's been playing in Axl's NuGuns for the past however many years into his solo band.

He does have martial arts training and he's a really fit guy so I can see him doing all that. Plus it seems like Slash and Duff didn't like Pitman much to begin with? Thought I had heard that somewhere.

Yes, i read it few times in the Forum too, and always laught hard about it, as if i imagine it scene , is very funny :lol:

• Like 1

I would be interested in pitman thoughts about being in Tool  compared to GNR.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Yes, i read it few times in the Forum too, and always laught hard about it, as if i imagine it scene , is very funny :lol:

Elf ears.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

DJ could probably teach Slash a thing or two. Super groups (Sixx:A.M.) usually don't have local cover band artists. 

"Slash, let me teach you how to simplify your solos to make them easier to play. Oh, and you know those tasty blues licks you do in the first Jungle solo? Forget it. Try this pick tapping thing I learned when I was ten. It sounds way cooler!"

I actually think DJ is a solid songwriter. I like Sixx AM well enough and he's a big factor on why Motley's last album was as good as it was, but teach Slash a thing or two? He simplified what were already the simplest of Slash solos and Bumblefoot played all the more challenging ones.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I like Melissa, she seems like a sweet person and a cool musician to play with.

I don't think Fortus was ever considered for SMKC. The only person who has ever said that was him on a Facebook post somewhere and Slash already had a long list of guys auditioning for that spot so I don't think his name was ever in the (top) hat. Plus I can't see Slash happily taking on the guy who's been playing in Axl's NuGuns for the past however many years into his solo band.

He does have martial arts training and he's a really fit guy so I can see him doing all that. Plus it seems like Slash and Duff didn't like Pitman much to begin with? Thought I had heard that somewhere.

He had no problem using Josh Freese who had recorded tons of material with Axl. I think Slash would hire anyone if he thought they were 1. easy to get on with 2. Can play the way he likes.

I don't think it's that out of the question to think that someone in Slash's camp reached out to him in some capacity. Anyway, I guess that's a question for Richard if he ever gets interviewed for Appetite for Distortion.

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

He had no problem using Josh Freese who had recorded tons of material with Axl. I think Slash would hire anyone if he thought they were 1. easy to get on with 2. Can play the way he likes.

I don't think it's that out of the question to think that someone in Slash's camp reached out to him in some capacity. Anyway, I guess that's a question for Richard if he ever gets interviewed for Appetite for Distortion.

Josh is an entirely different situation. He's an A list session drummer who happened to have recorded for Axl among the other hundreds of recordings he's played on. He wasn't a member of GnR per se, just hired for the sessions. Same with Slash, just hired to record the album not tour or anything else. So I don't think Slash would care so much about that in his case, he probably just asked Eric Valentine or someone to find a drummer to record the parts.

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

Josh is an entirely different situation. He's an A list session drummer who happened to have recorded for Axl among the other hundreds of recordings he's played on. He wasn't a member of GnR per se, just hired for the sessions. Same with Slash, just hired to record the album not tour or anything else. So I don't think Slash would care so much about that in his case, he probably just asked Eric Valentine or someone to find a drummer to record the parts.

He played with them live in 99? according to him he was in the band, but he left after he realised how slow things were moving and passed the gig to Brain. 

I agree though, he is absolutely not solely known for his involvement with GNR so it is different, although if he ever does an interview the two bands that get mentions are NIN and GNR. 

End of the day, I doubt Slash would have known (besides Bucket) who was or was not in GNR at any moment between 99-2014.

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So he likes to have fun big fucking deal. Slash is also a clown look at his instagram

Has somebody told you lately, that your way of arguing, against every other members opinion, is A BIT annoying!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They met in 2007 so before DJ was in GNR
dj-ashba-alice-cooper-nikki-sixx-slash-j

1 minute ago, EricA said:

Has somebody told you lately, that your way of arguing, against every other members opinion, is A BIT annoying!

Has someone told you that this is a called a forum and its a discussion?   Also I am not being aggressive I am just saying what I think without breaking rules.

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

9 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

They met in 2007 so before DJ was in GNR
dj-ashba-alice-cooper-nikki-sixx-slash-j

Has someone told you that this is a called a forum and its a discussion?   Also I am not being aggressive I am just saying what I think without breaking rules.

That's a fetching cod piece Alice!!🤣

25 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Ehh I think DJ leaving was best for everyone.  I wonder if it's true he was asked to stay....

Could not imagine DJ being on the tour it would seem so fucking weird.

The whole "Axl wanted me for the NITL Tour" story sounds crazy enough for me to believe it. 

Edited by Sosso

36 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Niko : Are you friend with some guitarists of the current GNR?

Slash : I've never met any of them except for the guy who wears the top hat. I can't remember his name.

I miss passive aggressive Slash, before Team Brazil made him another corporate stooge. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

I miss passive aggressive Slash, before Team Brazil made him another corporate stooge. 

I wonder what would happen if Slash left GN'R (again)

On the plus side, would be more likely to hear Bucket and Robin stuff on subsequent releases. 

Skipped the posts past page 3 so sorry if this has been mentioned but regarding Slash’s “noodling” this version of Yesterday’s solo epitomises his new style:

There’s about three times as many notes in there as to what he recorded. It’s his song to do with what he wants but it really detracts from the song in my opinion. 

For me, the reason is simple: the songs are played way too fast. He can’t sit back into the slower groove that is should be so he’s throwing in as many notes as possible to cover his lack of ability to change his solo to the new groove.

Franks fault.  

Edited by janrichmond
removed video
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So he likes to have fun big fucking deal. Slash is also a clown look at his instagram

Slash doesn't act like a retarded 10 year old who thinks he's fucking cool but in reality he's a fucking dork. Anyone who thinks that loser has any kind of legitimacy in the gnr universe should stop being a fan.

Edited by StayofExecution2020
  • Like 1