Live playing energy

4 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Slash doesn't act like a retarded 10 year old who thinks he's fucking cool but in reality he's a fucking dork. Anyone who thinks that loser has any kind of legitimacy in the gnr universe should stop being a fan.

4 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

There's a big difference between behaving like a clown in real life and on stage or if you post weird shit on insta. If you don't get that, you can't be helped.

This. If you ever see him in person then you'll see what I mean. Nice guy but still a clown :lol:

• Like 1

Someone just needs to take a pressure washer to DJ. 

If you could just blast away the Ashba water, the swag, the glitter guitars and hair dye and all the perfectly positioned bangs and accessories, factory ripped and patched clothing... just get some levis and a sunburst and bare your soul, baby. 

Well, do what you want.... but the fucking Hollywood Vampires, Sixx AM aesthetic... where the fuck did it come from... it's like a post-apocalyptic sunset strip crypt keeper vibe. So many fucking layers of shitty clothing paired with mascara. They all look like they just smell f'n rank.

Rock needs a savior. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ant said:

If you could just blast away the Ashba water, the swag, the glitter guitars and hair dye and all the perfectly positioned bangs and accessories, factory ripped and patched clothing... just get some levis and a sunburst and bear your soul, baby. 

Well, do what you want.... but the fucking Hollywood Vampires, Sixx AM aesthetic... where the fuck did it come from... it's like a post-apocalyptic sunset strip crypt keeper vibe. So many fucking layers of shitty clothing paired with mascara. They all look like they just smell f'n rank.

Rock needs a savior. 

I bet Guns smelled pretty bad back in the day.😄 Didn't a couple guys in Motley Crue have a bet that the last guy to shower on tour won? I think they went like a month or something.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I bet Guns smelled pretty bad back in the day.😄 Didn't a couple guys in Motley Crue have a bet that the last guy to shower on tour won? I think they went like a month or something.

Haha. Probably. Although... there's a heck of a lot of photos of Slash with his towel hair setup:

𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔢 on | Guns n roses, Axl rose, Guns and roses

Anyway, not to derail this important conversation :D . 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 3

DJ is a nice guy. Met him at a sixx am concert and he was nice to the fans.  At the end of the day that’s what really counts right? Being nice and humble

the funny thing is sixx am wasn’t even meant to be a band and they released more albums in 13 years than GNR in their whole history :facepalm:

3 hours ago, Ant said:

If you could just blast away the Ashba water, the swag, the glitter guitars and hair dye and all the perfectly positioned bangs and accessories, factory ripped and patched clothing... just get some levis and a sunburst and bear your soul, baby. 

Rock needs a savior. 

Yep then elf ears as well

Tophat

Hes just playing cringy. Then again i blame axl. If at that point it was either a decision to put gnr on hold or hire ashba , axl should have put GNR on hold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

DJ is a nice guy. Met him at a sixx am concert and he was nice to the fans.  At the end of the day that’s what really counts right? Being nice and humble

the funny thing is sixx am wasn’t even meant to be a band and they released more albums in 13 years than GNR in their whole history :facepalm:

So lets think about it.

Your ashba and your at home and you get a call from axl wanting your services as GNRs new guitarist. Knowing by this stage band members have come and gone, You realise how huge the band was mostly because of slash and you answer,

A)yeah i could do this 

B) know that this is a band with alot of history and that no guitarist can overshadow slash, and any guitarist will be compared to slash. You say " thanks for the offer but theres only one true guitarist for gnr and thats slash. Out of respect ill decline".

Edited by Sydney Fan

16 hours ago, Nightrain7 said:

Pretty simple. Anyone going to see Gilby would most likely be a 'die hard' GN'R concerts attract casuals, non fans, etc etc. So of course the diehards in a smaller space or going to be more energetic.

We're back on topic!

That's a good point, I'm sure they could get the crowd going a bit more if they try, I suppose Ashba tried and Bumble to a point

I don't get all the DJ hate. To my ears he never really butchered anything. He's a great guitar player. He had energy and tried to motivate Axl's lazy arse to write and was very interactive with fans.

Maybe the hulk hogan ears was a bit cheesy but he was trying.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tkarmy said:

I don't get all the DJ hate. To my ears he never really butchered anything. He's a great guitar player. He had energy and tried to motivate Axl's lazy arse to write and was very interactive with fans.

Maybe the hulk hogan ears was a bit cheesy but he was trying.

Did you not listen to the sweet child intro from the golden gods awards? Or how he raped the end of the patience solo with his bullshit?

58 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Did you not listen to the sweet child intro from the golden gods awards? Or how he raped the end of the patience solo with his bullshit?

It was bad!

He was ok in when he first joined.

I always think if he was asked to jam something on the spot he'd struggle, where most other gnr guitarists could probably do it comfortably

I've been listening to some old New Guns boots for the first time in years. During the first Ashba shows Axl often prompts Ashba to "play it right" including before the first few This I Loves which he goes on to butcher until he changed up Finck's solo so he could manage it. It's funny also cuz at the same time during those Far east shows before they got to Canada Axl really fucking sucked, especially on TIL. Clearly had not prepped like he had before '06. 

On topic: They're playing the same core bunch of stuff from the same, small catalogue in their fifth decade. I don't see how anyone wouldn't get complacent and lethargic. I also can't understand for the life of me why any band/artist at any level in any context wouldn't make it more fun for themselves AND their fans. I can't sing or play for shit but when I daydream imagining I could I think about how excited i'd be to be able to cover and share some of my favourite songs by other artists. I love the idea of doing special one-off shows doing just covers of even just one artist. For instance, I know most people think Bon Jovi are a shitty, pussy rock soft outfit but between their solo stuff and deep cuts I could put together a SICK set and say to my fans "Here, come listen to us do amazing versions of Santa Fe, My Guitar Lies Bleeding, Something To Believe In, Justice In The Barrel, Every Road, ALL of Stranger In This Town, Harlem Rain.....come and listen to us play the fuck out of songs that Jovi never play from the first 2 records and songs that he can't sing anymore or never played live. Jovi fans, you're welcome too. I don't give a fuck if I gotta pay to do it, i'll do it for free and pay the crew myself, whatever. We'll stream it/put it on YouTube/iTunes. We'll bring out Richie Sambora as a special guest. 

• Confused 1