Evader’s mix of The General discussion *No links*

33 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Sounds like someone reading posts here decided to create an account on Hoffman forums and post made up stuff lol. 

Seems suspicious to me aswell that that person is obviously aware of this forum but doesn't post here, yet posts that there, today. How is that credible info? Someone wrote a nice little story IMO lol

58 minutes ago, Pele said:

:lol::lol::lol:

This one isn't mine!  It's a direct quote from the link Russ found.

If you'd read my proposed tracklist, you'd know unheard songs like Tonto, Cuban Skies etc didn't make it on my predicted album :lol:

Your guessing of the tracklist is worthless, as good as anyones guess, too much time has passed that we have no idea about. Did it ever come to your mind to compare how much information we have compared to how much time 15 YEARS is? I'm 27 and I feel like that's almost my entire life, yet you believe Axl couldn't have taken a single day during that time to record vocals for Oklahoma? Starting from 2006, people have been born and are 15 year olds now while it takes maybe what, one or two days to finish vocals for a song?

Axl could have written all the lyrics to Oklahoma one night in 2014 and went in the studio the next day and recorded them. You and me have no idea. How would we know? Tell me how is it feasible to hold onto your prediction, when all it would take to ruin it is 1 single day of work in the studio on an instrumental and finish vocals? I don't see how you could ever account for that. And to even add further to that, we have no idea which songs Slash and Duff choose to work on either. At this point, it's pretty useless to assume anything other than any of the leaked songs can be on the next album.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Seems suspicious to me aswell that that person is obviously aware of this forum but doesn't post here, yet posts that there, today. How is that credible info? Someone wrote a nice little story IMO lol

Your guessing of the tracklist is worthless, as good as anyones guess, too much time has passed that we have no idea about. Did it ever come to your mind to compare how much information we have compared to how much time 15 YEARS is? I'm 27 and I feel like that's almost my entire life, yet you believe Axl couldn't have taken a single day during that time to record vocals for Oklahoma? Starting from 2006, people have been born and are 15 year olds now while it takes maybe what, one or two days to finish vocals for a song?

Axl could have written all the lyrics to Oklahoma one night in 2014 and went in the studio the next day and recorded them. You and me have no idea. How would we know? Tell me how is it feasible to hold onto your prediction, when all it would take to ruin it is 1 single day of work in the studio on an instrumental and finish vocals? I don't see how you could ever account for that. And to even add further to that, we have no idea which songs Slash and Duff choose to work on either. At this point, it's pretty useless to assume anything other than any of the leaked songs can be on the next album.

Yes he could have done.  He could have written lyrics for Oklahoma and recorded vocals the very next day.  He could have written lyrics for Zodiac and recorded vocals the very next day.  He could have written lyrics for Cuban Skies and recorded vocals the very next day.  He could have written lyrics for Tonto and recorded vocals the very next day.

The fact that when he needed to release a single, he provided Silkworms with 99 vocals.

But we're going round in circles (because I keep answering questions aimed at me).

You're asking me how is it feasible to hold onto my prediction?  The above is why.  I don't think he has songs.  He had to release one so he picked Silkworms, because it's already done and easy to sing.

At the end of the day, it's a prediction.

When he releases a new album with loads of lyrics/vocals we haven't heard before, I'll be proven wrong wont I?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pele said:

Yes he could have done.  He could have written lyrics for Oklahoma and recorded vocals the very next day.  He could have written lyrics for Zodiac and recorded vocals the very next day.  He could have written lyrics for Cuban Skies and recorded vocals the very next day.  He could have written lyrics for Tonto and recorded vocals the very next day.

The fact that when he needed to release a single, he provided Silkworms with 99 vocals.

By your logic, GNR released Chinese Democracy as a single because he didn't have anything more than the songs they already played in 2001. 

9 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

By your logic, GNR released Chinese Democracy as a single because he didn't have anything more than the songs they already played in 2001. 

No.  I think Axl had a creative spell in the late 90s and was full of ideas and excitement.

By the early 2000s, he had songs like ChiDem, Madagascar, The Blues, TWAT, maybe Better, maybe Sorry, State of Grace, IRS, Prostitute, Perhaps, HardSkool, Going Down - plus some fillers like Silkworms and Riad.

He also had a great band who had delivered some great instrumentals that he was planning to get him teeth into and his goal was to continue to write and record a trilogy of brilliant albums.

Unfortunately, I think he ran out of ideas and enthusiasm for whatever reason and outside of a few additional sessions where they added Scraped and finished off vocals for CD, did some remixes and did The general - that's about all we have.  That's why fillers like Riad ended up on the record, and Silkworms and OMG are likely going to be on the next one.

Like I keep saying - it's a prediction.  

When he releases a new album with loads of lyrics/vocals we haven't heard before, I'll be proven wrong wont I?

Edited by Pele

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We're all very clear on your prediction:

The next GN'R album will have a tracklist based on a well circulated, decade old screenshot. A tracklist that includes a re recorded version of KOHD. 

Your source? An insider

All of that has been made clear, several times. We got it. 

Nearly.

The document suggests Tonto, Monstrosity, Cuban Skies and Zodiac might be included and I don't think they will.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We're all very clear on your prediction:

The next GN'R album will have a tracklist based on a well circulated, decade old screenshot. A tracklist that includes a re recorded version of KOHD. 

Your source? An insider

All of that has been made clear, several times. We got it. 

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

Nearly.

The document suggests Tonto, Monstrosity, Cuban Skies and Zodiac might be included and I don't think they will.

Haha, solid. 

OK, so your whole theory is now all in one spot. No need to keep posting it over and over and over. 

For anyone interested in Pele's insider info, see above. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Haha, solid. 

OK, so your whole theory is now all in one spot. No need to keep posting it over and over and over. 

For anyone interested in Pele's insider info, see above. 

Can I at least post my predicted artwork?

• Haha 2

The General has always been hyped up as one of these epic songs and its the one unreleased song I'd like to hear now that we have Atlas Shrugged. I question though how great it could be if it's never been released or performed live in all this time.

Could it be more like an Atlas Shrugged, a good but not great song that needs more time in the oven? Speaking of Atlas Shrugged, it's always irked me that it was real close to making the album but got cut and never officially released.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 2:12 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's definitely impressive that he was able to create this mix... can't say I've listened to it more than once or twice, though.

His version of Silkworms is still the best version of the song btw.

This aged well lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mystery said:

The General has always been hyped up as one of these epic songs and its the one unreleased song I'd like to hear now that we have Atlas Shrugged. I question though how great it could be if it's never been released or performed live in all this time.

Could it be more like an Atlas Shrugged, a good but not great song that needs more time in the oven? Speaking of Atlas Shrugged, it's always irked me that it was real close to making the album but got cut and never officially released.

I've thought this for over 20 years.  He isn't hoarding dozens of epic tracks whilst writing/recording/tweaking songs like Rhiad/Silkworms/OMG/Scraped/Atlas.

I think it was clear how good Chinese Democracy was going to be after Rio 01.  He'd given us a taste which included some very good (Madagascar/Blues), some average (ChiDem) and some really poor (Silkworms/OMG/Rhiad).

So that's what we got.  Inconsistency - an album with some great songs, some ok and some utter dire.  All re-worked, tweaked and cut and pasted withing an inch of their life.

The General is likely the best of the remainder of his completed material, and probably average to good at best.  Likely same level as Perhaps.  Hopefully better than Atlas.

Let''s just hope they finished State of Grace so there can be one good song we can bank on.

Edited by Pele
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

It would be much easier for Axl to sing Perhaps or SoG rather than Hardschool

SOG would be a struggle if he wanted to go as high as the demo.

Perhaps would be a good one to do.

Edited by Pele