Evader’s mix of The General discussion *No links*

24 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Wait, did they also play Quicksong?

No, I don't remember that, but The General has stuff that's similar to the woo-ho stuff in Quicksong. I think I already posted about this last year :lol:

BTW, good job @evader;)

Edited by Mindray11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, evader said:

Thank you GNR 1991... and the rest who didn't hate the FrankenGeneral.
Thanks Mindray11 for recording it. Without your quick thinking, I would have never wasted enjoyed working hundreds of hours on such a fine song.

Regarding the guitar discrepancies, I don't know how to play any instruments so of course they aren't a match.

The lead guitars are all made up. The stuff in the intro verse was pretty close to what I 'heard', but the solo was a complete replacement with some funky Bucket stuff I liked better. The early versions had the solo matched note-for-note, only with a Bucket tone and feel, but it still just sounded way too tame to me. The lead guitars in the screaming verse and outro are also just re-timed BH from some of his solo work.

This wasn't made for public consumption, but I suppose I'm glad it found some appreciative ears.

I was watching The Last Dance Episode: 9 and heard a classical composition that you once pieced to the end of your Silkworms remix. I always wondered where you got that piece of music. Turns out it was John Murphy Adaigo in 

51 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I was watching The Last Dance Episode: 9 and heard a classical composition that you once pieced to the end of your Silkworms remix. I always wondered where you got that piece of music. Turns out it was John Murphy Adaigo in 

Yep! I freaking LOVE the Sunshine OST.

2 hours ago, evader said:

Thank you GNR 1991... and the rest who didn't hate the FrankenGeneral.
Thanks Mindray11 for recording it. Without your quick thinking, I would have never wasted enjoyed working hundreds of hours on such a fine song.

Regarding the guitar discrepancies, I don't know how to play any instruments so of course they aren't a match.

The lead guitars are all made up. The stuff in the intro verse was pretty close to what I 'heard', but the solo was a complete replacement with some funky Bucket stuff I liked better. The early versions had the solo matched note-for-note, only with a Bucket tone and feel, but it still just sounded way too tame to me. The lead guitars in the screaming verse and outro are also just re-timed BH from some of his solo work.

This wasn't made for public consumption, but I suppose I'm glad it found some appreciative ears.

I rock out to a version of what you put together in my car from time to time. I hope the instrumental to the eventual official release is as cool as yours.

Thanks for putting in so much hard work on it. Axl's vocals you cleaned up from the party recording gives goosebumps.

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I rock out to a version of what you put together in my car from time to time. I hope the instrumental to the eventual official release is as cool as yours.

Thanks for putting in so much hard work on it. Axl's vocals you cleaned up from the party recording gives goosebumps.

That's really, really nice of you to say. Thanks!!

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

What inspired you to add that to Silkworms?

Since I can't remember, my educated guess is "Canadian Whisky". :lol: Did you ever hear the version that has Bucket playing over that outro? It's super simple, but kinda magical too, I thought. Maybe not.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, evader said:

That's really, really nice of you to say. Thanks!!

Since I can't remember, my educated guess is "Canadian Whisky". :lol: Did you ever hear the version that has Bucket playing over that outro? It's super simple, but kinda magical too, I thought. Maybe not.

Silkworms? Bucket? :headbang:😍 go on sir... 

12 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Same 

Sames

34 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

Learned something new today...

Theres a cell phone clip of Silkworms from the same 2010 party. 

How is it possible that I never knew this?!

I tried to record the song too but it sounded like a wave of noise.

Not worth to share

19 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Same here.

@Finck2006 Can you share some info?

Where did you hear it how did you get involved in the after show party?

I was there too and I "recorded " with my camera filming my shoes...and the result was a mess.

Edited by Finck2006

3 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Really? Can you at least try? If we can hear / distinguish one note that'd be awesome.

It was on my old computer. Didnt save it

Trust it was not worth to hear it.

By the way I got invited there because newgnr.com

And if you want the truth I could not remember The General but Silkworms, better and if the world

Edited by Finck2006

Mr. Evader - I’ve never heard the leaked audio for THE GENERAL but what you created is easily one of my favorites of the “unreleased” songs. It kicks off my CD2 playlist and is the most interesting and progressive sounding track on there. 

Would love to know more about how you pieced this bruiser together!

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I finally caved & added this to my CDII Album. Had the damn song stuck in my head too much lol. I put it at the end as a bonus track cuz I felt weird putting it on the album at all but turns out it fits there perfect (the song before it is Perhaps) good work again Evader.

Edited by The Matinator
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I have been listening to this a lot lately and decided there is no way anybody created this individually from hearing a phone recording. You expect me to believe you can take words from rock band, that axl sings, then retune and key them into completely different lyrics to fit a new song, whilst being able to play guitar like buckethead and finck in their exact tone, (not to mention the countless synths, piano, bass, backing vocals, acoustic guitars, rhythm guitars, layered vocals, drums, percussion) and then produce to professional quality standard? Just listen to the song. There must be 30 instrumental tracks on it. In the chorus there is about 15 axl vocals, some in different voices and tones. No one is making this except a band. We've been had. 

The general is a genuine leak of the first half of the song. 

Hey buddy, ever been interested in owning a bridge?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2