Jump to content

Evader’s mix of The General discussion *No links*


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Same here.

 

@Finck2006 Can you share some info?

 

Where did you hear it how did you get involved in the after show party?

I was there too and I "recorded " with my camera filming my shoes...and the result was a mess.

Edited by Finck2006
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you GNR 1991... and the rest who didn't hate the FrankenGeneral. Thanks Mindray11 for recording it. Without your quick thinking, I would have never wasted enjoyed working hundreds of hours on

He's suggesting the guy is what Americans call a "sucker" - that he's easily duped. If JimiRose wasn't flat-out trolling, I take what he said as a compliment. Yes. That's what was done. But it

I wish I had recorded that fucking thing in a better quality......

42 minutes ago, Finck2006 said:

I tried to record the song too but it sounded like a wave of noise.

Not worth to share

Really? Can you at least try? If we can hear / distinguish one note that'd be awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Really? Can you at least try? If we can hear / distinguish one note that'd be awesome.

It was on my old computer. Didnt save it

Trust it was not worth to hear it.

By the way I got invited there because newgnr.com

And if you want the truth I could not remember The General but Silkworms, better and if the world

Edited by Finck2006
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be cool(and utopic) if we managed to find these people that were present during these after parties/private shows, to talk about what they heard and even share some unknown recordings from these events.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Evader - I’ve never heard the leaked audio for THE GENERAL but what you created is easily one of my favorites of the “unreleased” songs. It kicks off my CD2 playlist and is the most interesting and progressive sounding track on there. 

Would love to know more about how you pieced this bruiser together!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I finally caved & added this to my CDII Album. Had the damn song stuck in my head too much lol. I put it at the end as a bonus track cuz I felt weird putting it on the album at all but turns out it fits there perfect (the song before it is Perhaps) good work again Evader.

Edited by The Matinator
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I have been listening to this a lot lately and decided there is no way anybody created this individually from hearing a phone recording. You expect me to believe you can take words from rock band, that axl sings, then retune and key them into completely different lyrics to fit a new song, whilst being able to play guitar like buckethead and finck in their exact tone, (not to mention the countless synths, piano, bass, backing vocals, acoustic guitars, rhythm guitars, layered vocals, drums, percussion) and then produce to professional quality standard? Just listen to the song. There must be 30 instrumental tracks on it. In the chorus there is about 15 axl vocals, some in different voices and tones. No one is making this except a band. We've been had. 

 

The general is a genuine leak of the first half of the song. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I have been listening to this a lot lately and decided there is no way anybody created this individually from hearing a phone recording. You expect me to believe you can take words from rock band, that axl sings, then retune and key them into completely different lyrics to fit a new song, whilst being able to play guitar like buckethead and finck in their exact tone, (not to mention the countless synths, piano, bass, backing vocals, acoustic guitars, rhythm guitars, layered vocals, drums, percussion) and then produce to professional quality standard? Just listen to the song. There must be 30 instrumental tracks on it. In the chorus there is about 15 axl vocals, some in different voices and tones. No one is making this except a band. We've been had. 

 

The general is a genuine leak of the first half of the song. 

Hey buddy, ever been interested in owning a bridge?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall MSL having that clip for a couple of years before he realised it was The General.

We have got to hear this song in full in glorious quality before we shake off this mortal coil 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, evader said:

He's suggesting the guy is what Americans call a "sucker" - that he's easily duped. If JimiRose wasn't flat-out trolling, I take what he said as a compliment.

Yes. That's what was done. But it wasn't only from Rockband isolated vocals. Some of those 15 layers were from snippets of vocals isolated from AFD or UYI tracks.

That's actually BH and Finck. Finck stuff is from Rockband. The BH stuff is isolated from a few songs in his monsterous collection. Cant remember where I got the solo, but I barely changed a note from the original.

I'm sure many would disagree, though I was trying pretty hard at the time for my own personal amusement.

Good guesses. Seriously. My suspicion is that you'd change your tune if you heard the "isolated" vocals. Then again, I don't know. They're kinda awesome in a Frankenstein sense.

I promise you it is neither a genuine leak, nor is it the first half of the song. The cellphone clip was almost certainly from the latter-half of the song, and I just added/duplicated the outro chorus (soft part) after the screaming section because it made sense from the clip.

Question for mindray11 - had anyone even suggested this was The General before you heard my ludicrous take on it? When I got it, nobody had a clue WTF it was.

Lol I assure you I am not trolling - I just cannot believe a take of this quality was made based on a phone recording. Granted I haven't actually heard the phone recording (if anyone has it, please feel free to send). What programme did you use to take the rock band vocals and retune them into this song? Are you actually playing any of the instruments or is it completely 'frankenstein' as you say in how it has been put together? Lastly, if this is all your own work, would you legally be able to put it on YouTube as it is an interpretation and would not be a copyright issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Lol I assure you I am not trolling - I just cannot believe a take of this quality was made based on a phone recording. Granted I haven't actually heard the phone recording (if anyone has it, please feel free to send). What programme did you use to take the rock band vocals and retune them into this song? Are you actually playing any of the instruments or is it completely 'frankenstein' as you say in how it has been put together? Lastly, if this is all your own work, would you legally be able to put it on YouTube as it is an interpretation and would not be a copyright issue?

Programs used for note manipulation - Adobe Audition and Melodyne (Celemony). Super old versions.

I can't play any instruments. I just enjoy putting puzzles together. This thing was basically a one million piece puzzle.

Every snippet and sliver - even those that have been heavily modified - was created initially by professional musicians. I'm no copyright expert, but I'm pretty sure uploading it anywhere would be a "no-no".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I recall MSL having that clip for a couple of years before he realised it was The General.

We have got to hear this song in full in glorious quality before we shake off this mortal coil 😆

Starting to think MSL didn't actually have any of those CD 2 tracks, only the CD 2 track list from Axl's laptop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, evader said:

Programs used for note manipulation - Adobe Audition and Melodyne (Celemony). Super old versions.

What does Axl say right before his screaming in the song you assembled? He speaks softly and quietly, whatever he said, I felt it fit really well in the song. Curious where you sourced that bit too.

In the "raw" party recording, I am not even sure if Axl saying anything at all, it sounds more like "Ooooooooooooo" but with some melody. He seems to do that on a lot of CD era songs. I like it though. 

I didn't realize you crafted the Axl screaming bit in your version of The General, damn, that's impressive. I'd be curious to hear it isolated. I had assumed you extracted and cleaned it up from the party clip.

  

37 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Starting to think MSL didn't actually have any of those CD 2 tracks, only the CD 2 track list from Axl's laptop.

Correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evader said:

Programs used for note manipulation - Adobe Audition and Melodyne (Celemony). Super old versions.

I can't play any instruments. I just enjoy putting puzzles together. This thing was basically a one million piece puzzle.

Every snippet and sliver - even those that have been heavily modified - was created initially by professional musicians. I'm no copyright expert, but I'm pretty sure uploading it anywhere would be a "no-no".

I think you should have applied for chris pitmans old job

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

What does Axl say right before his screaming in the song you assembled?

"I've got hopes and dreams, and I must feel bolder."

Sweersa, I don't know of anyone else that can hear that in the cellphone clip other than myself, so maybe I just hallucinated it being in there. But I swear, I can hear Axl's speaking voice right there. And actually, I think there's a second voice during the "I must feel bolder" part, and that voice is either a young woman or child. It is so faint I almost didn't include any of it.

Can't remember how I made that little bit. Interviews with Axl, I'm sure - isolating vowels and filling in the "ssss" sounds. The trick for this type of thing is recording your own voice saying or singing it, pulling it up in a software program like Melodyne where you can see the exact way the notes move, and then replacing all of it with Axl clips, shaped very close to the same way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, evader said:

"I've got hopes and dreams, and I must feel bolder."

Sweersa, I don't know of anyone else that can hear that in the cellphone clip other than myself, so maybe I just hallucinated it being in there. But I swear, I can hear Axl's speaking voice right there. And actually, I think there's a second voice during the "I must feel bolder" part, and that voice is either a young woman or child. It is so faint I almost didn't include any of it.

Can't remember how I made that little bit. Interviews with Axl, I'm sure - isolating vowels and filling in the "ssss" sounds. The trick for this type of thing is recording your own voice saying or singing it, pulling it up in a software program like Melodyne where you can see the exact way the notes move, and then replacing all of it with Axl clips, shaped very close to the same way.

Wild and dedicated. Cool shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...