Evader’s mix of The General discussion *No links*

Just now, Pele said:

I think they are separate songs too.

I think SOG is really good.  Staggered it wasn't on the list above (suggesting it was not considered for inclusion on CD2) or mentioned in any circles.

Almost like they did it in 99 and totally forgot about it, whilst rerecording Silkworms etc!

I hope it wasn't abandoned.

It could be that parts of SOG were placed into another song. But also some of those titles on that leaked list don't make much sense to us, those could be SOG or "Seven", that song is not on it either even though Axl called that orchestra guy to work on it.

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It could be that parts of SOG were placed into another song. But also some of those titles on that leaked list don't make much sense to us, those could be SOG or "Seven", that song is not on it either even though Axl called that orchestra guy to work on it.

Could be.  I think it's only "?? P Edit" that we don't know anything about.

Brain talked about Seven and said it was inspired by Ben Hur, which interestingly was filmed at Circus Maximus.

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

Brain talked about Seven and said it was inspired by Ben Hur, which interestingly was filmed at Circus Maximus.

I hope Seven is Circus Maximus. That’s by far my favorite instrumental. The part where the guitars kick in is sublime. 

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

What about "Pro 2", and "Chi2"? I find it hard to believe Chi2 is a second version of the title track for CD2, just seems dumb to do. Monstrosity could be any song with a new title too.

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What about "Pro 2", and "Chi2"? I find it hard to believe Chi2 is a second version of the title track for CD2, just seems dumb to do. Monstrosity could be any song with a new title too.

Seems odd, but the list has v2's of other ChiDem songs.

Maybe Pro2 was that 'Blood in the Water' garbage that surfaced.  That was centered around a Prostitute remix.

I think all the 2’s on that list indicate the remixes. I think had we got CD2 in 2010 (yep 11 fucking years ago) like Axl wanted (he angrily canceled the 2010 European tour on Twitter in May 2010  I remember because I freaked out because I was flying to Paris in September to see them . And I believe that was a reaction to record company rejection of CD2)  we would have gotten the new album plus all the remixes. Fuck 

7 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I think all the 2’s on that list indicate the remixes. I think had we got CD2 in 2010 (yep 11 fucking years ago) like Axl wanted (he angrily canceled the 2010 European tour on Twitter in May 2010  I remember because I freaked out because I was flying to Paris in September to see them . And I believe that was a reaction to record company rejection of CD2)  we would have gotten the new album plus all the remixes. Fuck 

Take this with a grain of salt but when I met MSL at the 2014 residency, he said that incident occurred because the label rejected CD2 so Axl wanted to cancel the tour. He couldn't figure out how to tweet from his phone, so he told TB he was gonna cancel the tour when he got home to his computer. Then he finally figured out how to tweet from his phone, cancelled the tour, and TB flipped out and claimed he was hacked :lol:

About SOG... it seems incomplete because the version we heard is incomplete. The basic structure and lyrics are there but it's clearly a rough demo. It could've been stripped for parts at some point, but it's different from The General.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Take this with a grain of salt but when I met MSL at the 2014 residency, he said that incident occurred because the label rejected CD2 so Axl wanted to cancel the tour. He couldn't figure out how to tweet from his phone, so he told TB he was gonna cancel the tour when he got home to his computer. Then he finally figured out how to tweet from his phone, cancelled the tour, and TB flipped out and claimed he was hacked :lol:

About SOG... it seems incomplete because the version we heard is incomplete. The basic structure and lyrics are there but it's clearly a rough demo. It could've been stripped for parts at some point, but it's different from The General.

I'm not so sure SOG and The General are different. If The General is an epic that has many different parts that could explain why SOG disappeared, it could have turned into The General later or most of it was used for some sections of The General. They seem like songs that are very similar so why rule that out. We only heard a bit of The General.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, Nice Boy said:

There is at least one unreleased AFD era show close to pro-shot quality, I found a small segment of it buried in a fairly obscure interview video a while ago. I posted about it on here, to my surprise no one had ever seen it or knew what it is, but the conclusion was a TV company probably has the rights. It looks great though, decent audio/video and Axl even has the teased hair, lol

what show? we know anything more about this? 

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm not so sure SOG and The General are different. If The General is an epic that has many different parts that could explain why SOG disappeared, it could have turned into The General later or most of it was used for some sections of The General. They seem like songs that are very similar so why rule that out. We only heard a bit of The General.

Yea, SOG could've been stripped for parts and used in other songs, but we've heard parts of The General and it's supposedly about child abuse. From what we've heard, unless the General is really long and has some drastic changes throughout, it's a safe bet that they're not the same song.

A while ago there was someone at Steve Hoffman's forum who claimed he had worked with Dan Monti (we had discussed it here) and had posted a list of 26 songs that were stated for mastering in February 2006 and another 4 songs that didn't have vocals yet. I don't know if that guy was legit at all, as he somewhat contradicted himself about the number of songs that were ready by the end of 2006 and his posts have been removed from the Hoffman forum now, but I remember that among the songs in the Feb. 26 2006 list he posted there was one named "S.O.G."

We had discussed it here:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

A while ago there was someone at Steve Hoffman's forum who claimed he had worked with Dan Monti (we had discussed it here) and had posted a list of 26 songs that were stated for mastering in February 2006 and another 4 songs that didn't have vocals yet. I don't know if that guy was legit at all, as he somewhat contradicted himself about the number of songs that were ready by the end of 2006 and his posts have been removed from the Hoffman forum now, but I remember that among the songs in the Feb. 26 2006 list he posted there was one named "S.O.G."

I remember seeing S.O.G. listed somewhere but couldn't remember where.

Silkworms still doesn't have full vocals but they released it... that song was literally ready to release for the last 15 years :lol:

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Interesting - any idea why his posts are gone from Steve Hoffman's forum?

What page is the discussion on (on the link above)?

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

It seems to link me to page 1

You had to click to the link next to my profile, not the link below it that leads to the first page. Here it is (see the posts above mine):

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222640-cd-leaks-discussion-thread-no-links-no-asking-hinting-for-leaks/?do=findComment&comment=4814595

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Coincidentally I was looking at that incident earlier today. That particular tweet was sent via mobile web

https://web.archive.org/web/20100818183521/http://twitter.com/axlrose/status/21260607784

whereas his tweets he had sent before that were sent via iPhone, e.g. this one:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100418205756/http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ss1ck

So it doesn't seem he didn't know how to tweet from his phone.

50 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We don't know if it's real. At the very least whoever made it knew stuff that wasn't generally known at the time. 

I still think Hardschool was a guns song from 96 and was supposed to be on a Jackie Chan movie soundtrack. Duff talks about it on Howard Stern in 1996, he just says they have a song that's supposed to go with the new Jackie Chan movie