Evader’s mix of The General discussion *No links*

4 hours ago, darkside259 said:

what show? we know anything more about this? 

Not much, no - we need to see the original post I made about it really but I can't find it - I can have a go at finding the clip again but might be hard, I will have a go though ...

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

^^^

There's the link to the Steve Hoffman forum, but the guy's posts and all the discussion about them there have been removed now.

I assume they posted a full list of those 26 songtitles? I had a look through the CD leaks thread, but I couldn't find a whole list including S.O.G. as mentioned. If the list was posted only on the Steve Hoffman forum I wonder if anyone has saved it. I would be very curious to see.

26 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

I assume they posted a full list of those 26 songtitles? I had a look through the CD leaks thread, but I couldn't find a whole list including S.O.G. as mentioned. If the list was posted only on the Steve Hoffman forum I wonder if anyone has saved it. I would be very curious to see.

Yes, it was a full list of 26 songs posted by that guy at the Steve Hoffman forum, but no one copied it to the CD leaks thread.

4 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Not accusing anyone of lying here, but I don't think it was posted. 

This sort of thing gets saved by the usual suspects - yet there has been no sign of this list.  

If something was posted, I'm certain it didn't include S.O.G. and was more likely 'Ides of March', 'Leave Me Alone' etc etc.

42 minutes ago, Pele said:

This sort of thing gets saved by the usual suspects - yet there has been no sign of this list.  

If something was posted, I'm certain it didn't include S.O.G. and was more likely 'Ides of March', 'Leave Me Alone' etc etc.

Excuse me, @Blackstarhas already confirmed that a list of 26 songs were posted and that S.O.G. was among them. So yeah, you are either accusing her of lying or remembering things wrongly, and I can assure you, she is extremely good at doing neither.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Pele said:

If you read the thread I linked to, you saw that we discussed that list in real time. I don't even know if the guy was legit and the list was real, but it was there and I remember very well that "S.O.G" was in it. But, as always, you ignore all logic when something questions your preconceived notions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Excuse me, @Blackstarhas already confirmed that a list of 26 songs were posted and that S.O.G. was among them. So yeah, you are either accusing her of lying or remembering things wrongly, and I can assure you, she is extremely good at doing neither.

Certainly not lying - maybe remembering things wrongly.

Honestly, certain people have treated the hunt for unreleased songs/info like a murder mystery!  

There is a 'leak dossier' out there with info you wouldn't believe.  The length people have gone to get information is crazy!  The dossier contains contact info for almost everyone credited on Chinese Democracy - musicians, engineers, studio staff, thank yous etc.  The level of info is frightening!

There is also comprehensive info of pretty much anything of interest ever posted on a forum.

Remember that guy who posted 'Sorry' lyrics before we even knew the song existed?  They know who he is, they know his other accounts, they have an additional set of 'lyrics' from this guy.

The Steve Hoffman forum was of particular interest to this group and they have all the details of the 'Cuban Skies' guy.

If that track-list was posted, it's my belief it would be saved, circulated and referenced.

If you've ever seen the film Zodiac, where the investigator kept a dossier and couldn't let go of his obsession - that's what this Leak Dossier is like!!

Anyway @Blackstar, sorry, I don't think you're lying for one second.  I'm just not convinced this list had S.O.G. on it.  If it's produced and I'm wrong, I'll apologize unreservedly!

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

If you read the thread I linked to, you saw that we discussed that list in real time. I don't even know if the guy was legit and the list was real, but it was there and I remember very well that "S.O.G" was in it. But, as always, you ignore all logic when something questions your preconceived notions.

It was discussed in real time there.

Was this before the locker leaks and do you specifically reference S.O.G.?

Basically, it would have been mentioned on here prior to the locker leaks.  If there is a post on here (or any other forum) prior to the locker leaks that says a tracklist has been posted that contains S.O.G. then I'd consider myself proven wrong and I'll fully apologize.

1 minute ago, Pele said:

It was discussed in real time there.

Was this before the locker leaks and do you specifically reference S.O.G.?

Basically, it would have been mentioned on here prior to the locker leaks.  If there is a post on here (or any other forum) prior to the locker leaks that says a tracklist has been posted that contains S.O.G. then I'd consider myself proven wrong and I'll fully apologize.

It was almost a year after the locker leaks, as you can see from the dates of the posts in the CD leaks thread. Some of the guy's comments were quoted there, but not the list. The one thing that makes me thing that he was legit is, as is evident from his quoted comments, that he wasn't a big fan of Axl - he was saying that Axl didn't have as many songs as fans think, that what was left out of CD was "B material," that he didn't like what he heard, etc.

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It was almost a year after the locker leaks, as you can see from the dates of the posts in the CD leaks thread. Some of the guy's comments were quoted there, but not the list. The one thing that makes me thing that he was legit is, as is evident from his quoted comments, that he wasn't a big fan of Axl - he was saying that Axl didn't have as many songs as fans think, that what was left out of CD was "B material," that he didn't like what he heard, etc.

These are similar to my views, except I'm a big fan of Axl.

I don't think he has anything near what fans were expecting (some still are expecting) and the stuff outstanding is likely to be very average at best.  I think HardSkool and Perhaps are the last of the usable 'ok' songs.

My point was I don't think anyone mentioned S.O.G. until after the leaks, and the reason I say that is because I believe the song was quickly abandoned/unfinished in 99 and they are only going to push forward with songs that Axl has completed his parts for, so if SOG is separate from The General, I think it's dead unfortunately.

If anyone can produce anything at all to suggest SOG was mentioned anywhere prior to the locker leak, then I'll be wrong.

I think the next decision will be to cobble an album together featuring Silkworms, Atlas, Perhaps, HardSkool, General, OMG, KOHD and other covers - or accept that won't be good enough and just do a like album with a couple of bonus tracks like Russ suggested.

31 minutes ago, Pele said:

Certainly not lying - maybe remembering things wrongly.

Well, you are wrong.

1 minute ago, Pele said:

My point was I don't think anyone mentioned S.O.G. until after the leaks, and the reason I say that is because I believe the song was quickly abandoned/unfinished in 99

So you are not willing to accept information that is in contradiction with your beliefs? Gotcha :lol:

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, you are wrong.

So you are not willing to accept information that is in contradiction with your beliefs? Gotcha :lol:

Let me guess.  You've found absolutely no trace of S.O.G. listed anywhere prior to the locker leaks.

On any forum.

So no discussion left on Steve Hoffman - posts and all subsequent quotes etc deleted?

Absolutely no discussion about the list made it over to MyGnr/HTHTH/GNREvolution/GNFR?

Quotes were saved but not song titles (aka the most interesting bit)?

People just happened to remember it after SOG leaked and all traces vanished?

If you find it, let me know.

Edited by Pele
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pele said:

Let me guess.  You've found absolutely no trace of S.O.G. listed anywhere prior to the locker leaks.

On any forum.

So no discussion left on Steve Hoffman - posts and all subsequent quotes etc deleted?

Absolutely no discussion about the list made it over to MyGnr/HTHTH/GNREvolution/GNFR?

Quotes were saved but not song titles (aka the most interesting bit)?

People just happened to remember it after SOG leaked and all traces vanished?

If you find it, let me know.

To you if something isn't mentioned before it leaks or gets released, it means it doesn't exist. So you question everything that goes against this flawed logic, even though these people you're in awe of "for giving us songs" (that were not theirs to give) didn't know about the existence of SOG before the Village Leaks; and, since they "who know everything" didn't know, the song was definitely abandoned or is the General (despite having zero similarity with it) and whatnot.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Pele said:

These are similar to my views, except I'm a big fan of Axl.

I don't think he has anything near what fans were expecting (some still are expecting) and the stuff outstanding is likely to be very average at best.  I think HardSkool and Perhaps are the last of the usable 'ok' songs.

My point was I don't think anyone mentioned S.O.G. until after the leaks, and the reason I say that is because I believe the song was quickly abandoned/unfinished in 99 and they are only going to push forward with songs that Axl has completed his parts for, so if SOG is separate from The General, I think it's dead unfortunately.

If anyone can produce anything at all to suggest SOG was mentioned anywhere prior to the locker leak, then I'll be wrong.

I think the next decision will be to cobble an album together featuring Silkworms, Atlas, Perhaps, HardSkool, General, OMG, KOHD and other covers - or accept that won't be good enough and just do a like album with a couple of bonus tracks like Russ suggested.

What about Seven, Thyme, Soul Monster, Tonto, Quick Song, Zodiac, Berlin etc

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Wow. He doesn't explain what that "Songs stated in two parts for final mastering in 26 feb 2006" list he had posted was about though.

what is the context? who is that guy? is he reliable? not sure if he had access to all the material. Does he claim to know what Axl had after 2008? never heard of him before.

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

what is the context? who is that guy? is he reliable? not sure if he had access to all the material. Does he claim to know what Axl had after 2008? never heard of him before.

Someone who claimed to have worked with Dan Monti. He posted that at the Steve Hoffman forum about a year ago, but then (I don't know when) his posts and the discussion around them were removed. We had discussed it here at the time (I link to my own post in that discussion, because besides what was quoted from his posts, he had posted that list I was referring to):

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222640-cd-leaks-discussion-thread-no-links-no-asking-hinting-for-leaks/?do=findComment&comment=4814595

But, like @LlamaRenegade says, it's probably not even the same guy that had posted then.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1