Evader’s mix of The General discussion *No links*

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Wow. He doesn't explain what that "Songs stated in two parts for final mastering in 26 feb 2006" list he had posted was about though.

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I have never read any of his posts before, but it sure is hard to understand what he is saying now.

As for his claim that the best songs were released in 2008. I disagree. In my opinion Atlas, Perhaps, Eye, State of Grace, Eye and Quick Song with vocals ++ would easily replace some of the weaker songs on CD. He is of course allowed his own opinion on this, but I am with Axl that the intention was a double record and that good songs would be saved for the follow-up :)

I wasn't entirely sure what to make of it myself. I just know someone sent it to me and I was like "SHIT. SoulMonster and Blackstar need to know about this!" haha. 

Having said that, maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounds like he's more or less saying the only great songs were on CD and that nothing else great is left. 

• Like 2

CD in 2008 was a largely "sampler" of the type and quality of material between the two albums of material that existed at that time. Each have "big guns" and weaker songs, much like most albums do. CD2 as it was then perhaps is a little darker and/or weirder, if anything. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

That's my take from it, too, and as I said, that's his opinion. I've got mine.

For sure. Yeah, I'm not all "pack it up everyone!" over some dudes opinion of what was recorded years ago. It's definitely interesting though. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I wasn't entirely sure what to make of it myself. I just know someone sent it to me and I was like "SHIT. SoulMonster and Blackstar need to know about this!" haha. 

Having said that, maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounds like he's more or less saying the only great songs were on CD and that nothing else great is left. 

Yes, that's what he (if it's the same person) had posted a year ago. I guess he quoted "his own" post from the CD leaks thread here.

But he had also posted that list of 26 songs that were supposedly songs ready for mastering, which means that they were completed with vocals, then he said that most songs didn't have vocals.

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

Just to be clear, I only wanted to pass this on because I know we have people who are great at achieving stuff. Didn't wanna start shit or anything :)

It's interesting as hell.  Cool to see what was slated for CD2 circa 2008. Never knew for sure.

• Like 1

This was posted in the Steve Hoffman thread Russ linked us to. Pretty much fits the agenda that the Media spin with portraying him as racist among other things. Some horrendous commentary in here, particularly with the comments supposedly after his Sister gave birth in 2006. I don't recall this ever being posted on here. I obviously call it bollocks.

My friends Rev, Breezy and Max shared their Axl Rose story on a special live version of their podcast Hard Times and Weirdness back in December 2018. It was very early in their career (February 2006), and they had played a gig at the Roxy. It was a great show, and they got invited by the bar to hang out at the club upstairs called On The Rox, and Axl Rose dropped by.

[IMG]

They eventually wound up in The Derek Trucks Band's tour bus, listening to an early version of Chinese Democracy.

Hard Times & Weirdness: Hordestock Live - Hard Times & Weirdness

This link should take you to 26 minutes into the podcast.

Edited by Dean
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I think I remember this S.O.G. listed there too, but I'm not sure. 

Also, don't you dare discredit @Blackstar. If there's one person here who knows about details and have an amazing memory, she's the one. 

Am I missing something here?

The post was described as follows:

"The one thing that makes me thing that he was legit is, as is evident from his quoted comments, that he wasn't a big fan of Axl - he was saying that Axl didn't have as many songs as fans think, that what was left out of CD was "B material," that he didn't like what he heard, etc."

Russ has helpfully found the post, and as I suspected, there was no mention of S.O.G?

Edited by Pele

7 minutes ago, Dean said:

This was posted in the Steve Hoffman thread Russ linked us to. Pretty much fits the agenda that the Media spin with portraying him as racist among other things. Some horrendous commentary in here, particularly with the comments supposedly after his Sister gave birth in 2006. I don't recall this ever being posted on here. I obviously call it bollocks.

I have read their story that they had posted in their blog here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180730190502/http://www.bigdamnband.com/axl-rose-blog/

But I haven't heard the podcast. What/where were those comments?

Just now, Blackstar said:

I have read their story that they had posted in their blog here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180730190502/http://www.bigdamnband.com/axl-rose-blog/

But I haven't heard the podcast. What/where were those comments?

They walk outside after the bar is closed to find Axl say on the phone:

"Oh yeah? What color is it?"

They ask what's up.

"Oh, my sister's just had a baby."

If you hit that link, it takes you to the exact point of where the Axl story starts.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dean said:

Jesus.....could those people be any more full of themselves? I mean, holy shit. 

• Like 2

If the info is to be believed, it again highlights what I've been saying all along.

Almost everything is pulled from the locker leaks.

I've heard people saying the locker leaks are just a fraction of the work etc, but the guy in the post Russ found seems to be a new source, working with another producer.

Look what they were working on:

• OMG
  • Silkworms
  • Going Down
  • Atlas Shrugged
  • HardSkool
  • Oklahoma (instrumental)
  • Cuban Skies (instrumental)
  • The General (instrumental)
  • Devious Bastard (instrumental)
  • Me & My Elvis (instrumental)
  • Tonto (instrumental)

The guy says anything of interest was released for ChiDem and virtually nothing else was finished.

Maybe that has changed now, but I doubt it.

Edited by Pele

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

If the info is to be believed, it again highlights what I've been saying all along.

I've heard people saying the locker leaks are just a fraction of the work etc, but here is another source, working with another producer, and look what they are working on:

• OMG
  • Silkworms
  • Going Down
  • Atlas Shrugged
  • HardSkool
  • Tonto (instrumental)

The guy says anything of interest was released for ChiDem and virtually nothing else was finished.

😂 Yes, your info is as accurate as a guy who worked on songs over a decade ago. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pele said:

I've heard people saying the locker leaks are just a fraction of the work etc, but here is another source, working with another producer, and look what they are working on:

• OMG
  • Silkworms
  • Going Down
  • Atlas Shrugged
  • HardSkool
  • Tonto (instrumental)

Dude you're all over the place with your insider info.

If I say I believe you, will you stop?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

• OMG
  • Silkworms
  • Going Down
  • Atlas Shrugged
  • HardSkool
  • Tonto (instrumental)

But the general has vocals, as does soul monster. So you're talking blatant crap. 

• Like 1

Just now, ©GnrPersia said:

Dude you're all over the place with your insider info.

If I say I believe you, will you stop?

What?  How is this insider info?

I'm analyzing a post that Russ linked us too at another forum.

I've no idea who the poster is.  Whoever it is seems to be mirroring what I'm saying - as of 2008, there wasn't anywhere near 3 albums worth of material. 

17 minutes ago, Dean said:

They walk outside after the bar is closed to find Axl say on the phone:

"Oh yeah? What color is it?"

They ask what's up.

"Oh, my sister's just had a baby."

If you hit that link, it takes you to the exact point of where the Axl story starts.

I think Axl's sister doesn't even have children.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

But the general has vocals, as does soul monster. So you're talking blatant crap. 

I'm literally saying what this post said - he said the song 'The General' he was working on was instrumental.

Yes, it has vox.  I don't think Soul Monster does despite what was aid in chats but obviously could be wrong on that.

• Haha 1