Evader’s mix of The General discussion *No links*

Just now, Pele said:

What?  How is this insider info?

I'm analyzing a post that Russ linked us too at another forum.

I've no idea who the poster is.  Whoever it is seems to be mirroring what I'm saying - as of 2008, there wasn't anywhere near 3 albums worth of material. 

9 minutes ago, Pele said:

but here is another source, working with another producer, and look what they are working on:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

I'm literally saying what this post said - he said the song 'The General' he was working on was instrumental.

Yes, it has vox.  I don't think Soul Monster does despite what was aid in chats but obviously could be wrong on that.

What are you basing this on. Axl said he'd recorded vox for it, are you dense... 

1 minute ago, Pele said:

I don't think they were ever finished.

You're just winding people up and trolling clearly. It's actually quite tragic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

What are you basing this on. Axl said he'd recorded vox for it, are you dense... 

You're just winding people up and trolling clearly. It's actually quite tragic. 

Yeah my pint is he said a lot of things.

He said he was releasing 3 albums.

I've been saying all along - he probably intended to, but I don't believe he ever completed enough material.

It's unbelievable really, this time last month, everyone seemed resigned to the fact we probably wouldn't get any new songs and the ChiDem leftovers would never come out.

Suddenly Slash records guitar over Axl's 20 year old Silkworms vocal and everyone thinks he's finished all the songs and got a new album ready!!!

And yet again, someone finds another source who claims there was virtually nothing.

Keep dreaming.  Keep waiting.  I' don't think you'll get anything new.  I don't think you'll ever hear those 'crazy vocals he recorded on Christmas Eve' or whatever it was.  You'll hear Atlas Shrugged.

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

They really just need to dump an album on us already so we can stop this tedious back and forth about what may or may not be finished based on Blackberry screen grabs from 2008. Fuck me.

Agree, but even if they release the album with the exact tracklist I've predicted - these people will be saying 'he's just closing the chapter on those songs - all the new songs will be next'.

18 minutes ago, Pele said:

Keep dreaming.  Keep waiting.  I' don't think you'll get anything new.  I don't think you'll ever hear those 'crazy vocals he recorded on Christmas Eve' or whatever it was.  You'll hear Atlas Shrugged.

Is that why you're on this forum? To say variations of this over and over and over in every thread?

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

Agree, but even if they release the album with the exact tracklist I've predicted - these people will be saying 'he's just closing the chapter on those songs - all the new songs will be next'.

It would be nice it were a double (or 2 single) release, like the illusions. Old and new mixed together 

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

It would be nice it were a double (or 2 single) release, like the illusions. Old and new mixed together 

Oh for sure!  I'd be happy enough with finished versions of Oklahoma, D-Tune, Circus Maximus, Zodiac, Thyme, Quick Song, State of Grace etc.  I love that stuff!

39 minutes ago, Pele said:

If the info is to be believed, it again highlights what I've been saying all along.

Almost everything is pulled from the locker leaks.

I've heard people saying the locker leaks are just a fraction of the work etc, but the guy in the post Russ found seems to be a new source, working with another producer.

Look what they were working on:

• OMG
  • Silkworms
  • Going Down
  • Atlas Shrugged
  • HardSkool
  • Oklahoma (instrumental)
  • Cuban Skies (instrumental)
  • The General (instrumental)
  • Devious Bastard (instrumental)
  • Me & My Elvis (instrumental)
  • Tonto (instrumental)

The guy says anything of interest was released for ChiDem and virtually nothing else was finished.

Maybe that has changed now, but I doubt it.

I have seen more songlists from you this last week than I did that time I read every single track on Buckethead's Pikes albums :lol:

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I have seen more songlists from you this last week than I did that time I read every single track on Buckethead's Pikes albums :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

This one isn't mine!  It's a direct quote from the link Russ found.

If you'd read my proposed tracklist, you'd know unheard songs like Tonto, Cuban Skies etc didn't make it on my predicted album :lol:

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

:lol::lol::lol:

This one isn't mine!  It's a direct quote from the link Russ found.

If you'd read my proposed tracklist, you'd know unheard songs like Tonto, Cuban Skies etc didn't make it on my predicted album :lol:

Your predicted album.....? This is why people continue to be frustrated with your posts. 

"your predicted album" is a very old, very well circulated screenshot. 

1 hour ago, Pele said:

Am I missing something here?

The post was described as follows:

"The one thing that makes me thing that he was legit is, as is evident from his quoted comments, that he wasn't a big fan of Axl - he was saying that Axl didn't have as many songs as fans think, that what was left out of CD was "B material," that he didn't like what he heard, etc."

Russ has helpfully found the post, and as I suspected, there was no mention of S.O.G?

You are missing indeed.

- It's probably not the same person. It could be you. :)

- Even if that was true, he clearly didn't mention every single track, but only the ones he knew from memory. The list wasn't posted again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

You are missing indeed.

- It's probably not the same person. It could be you. :)

- Even if that was true, he clearly didn't mention every single track, but only the ones he knew from memory. The list wasn't posted again.

It's not be, but it's a strange coincidence it was reposted today.

He says he is looking at an old thread he made on another forum (and quotes it) - hopefully someone who is a member there can ask him for a link.

1 minute ago, Pele said:

It's not be, but it's a strange coincidence it was reposted today.

He says he is looking at an old thread he made on another forum (and quotes it) - hopefully someone who is a member there can ask him for a link.

It's not a coincidence. He was looking at this forum and quoted from the link I posted.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

It's not a coincidence. He was looking at this forum and quoted from the link I posted.

Ah right ok - tell VoodoChild it's not me then! :lol:

Hopefully he's reading - if you are, can you post a link the old thread you're referring to on a different forum?

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Ah right ok - tell VoodoChild it's not me then! :lol:

Hopefully he's reading - if you are, can you post a link the old thread you're referring to on a different forum?

He - whoever he is - is not referring to an old thread on another forum - he was referring to the old post on the Hoffman forum that was deleted and the posts on this forum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He - whoever he is - is not referring to an old thread on another forum - he was referring to the old post on the Hoffman forum that was deleted and the posts on this forum.

He says:

I'm reading, in another forum, my old post:

"I have worked with Dan Monti from 2006 to July 2009 before returning to my country. A pic of those sheets with him were on my Motorola V3 many years ago."

"There were like 80 takes from vocal sketches from Rose that last some few minutes. I remember a song called "Silkworms", barely has any lyrics on it. A song called "Devious Bastard" in 2006 that last only one minute and a half with Rose screaming all over it."

"I've heard about that Chinese Democracy triloghy story. By the end of 2006, when Monti finished to write the final music to some of the Bucket's tunes, there were only like 23/24 songs with complete vocals and really FINISHED. Here is what I had in the top of my head:

The 14 released songs plus a reworked Oh My God. A screamo song called Silkworms (barely has any lyrics on it; seems unfinished) I remember a title called Atlas Shrugged, also leaked last year. Some of the Bucket songs have replaced those tunes, like "Shackler's Revenge" and others. Another title was called Elvis Presley, Oklahoma and Jackie Chan. I've never heard any of these songs. The famous The General and a curious title 100 Cuban Skies. Those 8/9 songs were slated as "B material". The best of the bunch has been released on november 2008.

Three albums for 23/24 songs? Yeah right. Already one disc has only 14 songs. I don't know what Rose had in mind in those years. That album is so old now. Maybe a bonus disc with those 8 unreleased songs is welcome."
1 minute ago, Pele said:

He says:

I'm reading, in another forum, my old post:

"I have worked with Dan Monti from 2006 to July 2009 before returning to my country. A pic of those sheets with him were on my Motorola V3 many years ago."

"There were like 80 takes from vocal sketches from Rose that last some few minutes. I remember a song called "Silkworms", barely has any lyrics on it. A song called "Devious Bastard" in 2006 that last only one minute and a half with Rose screaming all over it."

"I've heard about that Chinese Democracy triloghy story. By the end of 2006, when Monti finished to write the final music to some of the Bucket's tunes, there were only like 23/24 songs with complete vocals and really FINISHED. Here is what I had in the top of my head:

The 14 released songs plus a reworked Oh My God. A screamo song called Silkworms (barely has any lyrics on it; seems unfinished) I remember a title called Atlas Shrugged, also leaked last year. Some of the Bucket songs have replaced those tunes, like "Shackler's Revenge" and others. Another title was called Elvis Presley, Oklahoma and Jackie Chan. I've never heard any of these songs. The famous The General and a curious title 100 Cuban Skies. Those 8/9 songs were slated as "B material". The best of the bunch has been released on november 2008.

Three albums for 23/24 songs? Yeah right. Already one disc has only 14 songs. I don't know what Rose had in mind in those years. That album is so old now. Maybe a bonus disc with those 8 unreleased songs is welcome."

So it looks to me like the post on the 'other' forum still exists because he clearly then copies and pastes it?

Unless you mean he found his old post copied on this forum sometime ago?

Edited by Pele

14 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Sounds like someone reading posts here decided to create an account on Hoffman forums and post made up stuff lol. 

It does, and it seems to suit my narrative perfectly.  Perhaps I have a silent fan :lol:

In all seriousness though, it's the original poster on Hoffman isn't it?  So it was originally done before the leaks?