The history of GN'R as told by GN'R (A4D)

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Wasn't Doc Mcghee mentioned as being backstage in one of the rare Axl interviews? I don't know if Axl made that up... but I'd guess Doc got scared when Paul called and said "It's us or them".

I don't know - he certainly wasn't mentioned in any Axl interview before May 2010.

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't know - he certainly wasn't mentioned in any Axl interview before May 2010.

He was definitely mentioned in a more official capacity than Axls tweet, but I can't remember exactly where that was. 

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He was with the band in Puerto Rico in April 2010, as this tweet from Tommy Stinson suggests:

Hadn't seen this, but it definitely goes against what a certain Paul Stanley tweeted. He clearly was working for GNR, but didn't work out because Stanley threw down the old tomatoe and he buckled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just added a new chapter to the history section, covering April-December 2010:  30. APRIL-DECEMBER 2010 (a-4-d.com)

Although it is a fairly short chapter, it is representative of how history repeats itself: The band toured again, the band did not release music again, Slash left a band again, Axl was late again, band members considered quitting again, Axl sued again, and Steven released something focused on Guns N' Roses again. On a more positive note, the touring was for most part great and Duff and Axl reunited in London with Duff even joining the band on stage. We also got to know DJ a lot better.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

You have redeemed yourself. 

On the topic of DJ, any chance you know at which show's after-party DJ claims he and Axl beat a fan to a pulp? According to DJ, this was hilarious. I must include it in the history section, he is not getting away from it, but ideally in the right chapter. 

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

On the topic of DJ, any chance you know at which show's after-party DJ claims he and Axl beat a fan to a pulp? According to DJ, this was hilarious. I must include it in the history section, he is not getting away from it, but ideally in the right chapter. 

Lol, no. What a wanker he is

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All things considered, you should add the Sp1at interview in 2005. Jeff (I forgot his last name) speaks about some leftovers ("Oh My God", "Atlas", etc)

The tracklist of "Chinese Democracy" was nearly done in fall 2007. Also, you should add this:

TOTAL LOSS wrote:

The track list was shifted and revised just prior to release. Truth be told, the album as intended was:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Riad
3. Shackler's Revenge
4. Stardust
5. If The World
6. Better
7. This I Love
8. There Was A Time
9. The Lies They Tell
10. Sorry
11. I.R.S.
12. Madagascar
13. Prostitute

*Catcher In The Rye was not going to be included.

And this is the tracklist intended in august 2008:

untitled-5.jpg

Edited by CubanSkies Dummy
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

All things considered, you should add the Sp1at interview in 2005. Jeff (I forgot his last name) speaks about some leftovers ("Oh My God", "Atlas", etc)

Uh, didn't you quote the reference to that from a4d the other day? We already have it.

Yes, you're right! Sorry.

(It was hard to find the last pic, uh)

Ps: Scraped is from the year 2000.

WINTER 2008
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Guns n'Roses new album, Chinese Democracy, has finally seen the light of day. And with it are two songs that Rob and good friend Pete Scaturro helped create, way back in 2000. Yes, in the year 2000. Pete and Rob produced the tracks "Sorry" and "Shackler's Revenge" with literal guitar hero Buckethead and former Gn'R and Primus drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia, with Axl ultimately adding his voice. We were surprised as anybody...and look forward to our free can of Dr. Pepper.

-http://www.meetbeaton.com/news/-

Edited by CubanSkies Dummy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Yes, you're right! Sorry.

(It was hard to find the last pic, uh)

Ps: Scraped is from the year 2000.

WINTER 2008
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Guns n'Roses new album, Chinese Democracy, has finally seen the light of day. And with it are two songs that Rob and good friend Pete Scaturro helped create, way back in 2000. Yes, in the year 2000. Pete and Rob produced the tracks "Sorry" and "Shackler's Revenge" with literal guitar hero Buckethead and former Gn'R and Primus drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia, with Axl ultimately adding his voice. We were surprised as anybody...and look forward to our free can of Dr. Pepper.

-http://www.meetbeaton.com/news/-

This, on the other hand, is more interesting, but I will let you know why I won't include it based on your post alone: The information is plausible and it supposedly comes from the blog of a known engineer, but unfortunately the link does not work anymore and the wayback machine hasn't archived that exact page, so I cannot verify that this isn't fake. Unfortunately, with so many weirdos in the fanbase likely to create fake pieces of information for their own amusement or agenda, I can't trust this information. Personally, I don't think it is fake, it looks completely genuine and plausible, but for the history section to be trustworthy, I can't make subjective choices on what is fake and not fake and include some sources that are unverified based on what I personally feel - or at least I try to do this as little as possible. That would put a personal bias, a personal slant, on what is included, which is exactly what I am trying to avoid with the whole history section. It is supposed to be objective. Some people may not like me, or agree with my opinions, but at least they should trust the work I do. So I have to adhere to certain rigid and stringent objective criteria of inclusion. This means I will likely miss out on stuff that is real, and some of that stuff is juicy, but the upside is to remain credible.

Don't get me wrong, I have to make some, editorial choices, like what chapters to include, how much attention I give to various chapters, to some extent what quotes to include, etc. But also there I try to be objective and treat everyone the same with the only allegiance being to the truth.

What I do in cases like this, is of course to reach out to the source (Rob Beaton) to have the information verified, and I will do that now. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 12:45 PM, Tom2112 said:

He was definitely mentioned in a more official capacity than Axls tweet, but I can't remember exactly where that was. 

This agitated Paul Stanley, I think.https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/news/rock-news/axl-hires-kiss-manager/

The one backstage mention I recall was in Abu Dhabi in Dec 2010, which was Doc's last show with Guns, IIRC.

• Like 1