The history of GN'R as told by GN'R (A4D)

16 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Yes, you're right! Sorry.

(It was hard to find the last pic, uh)

Ps: Scraped is from the year 2000.

WINTER 2008
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Guns n'Roses new album, Chinese Democracy, has finally seen the light of day. And with it are two songs that Rob and good friend Pete Scaturro helped create, way back in 2000. Yes, in the year 2000. Pete and Rob produced the tracks "Sorry" and "Shackler's Revenge" with literal guitar hero Buckethead and former Gn'R and Primus drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia, with Axl ultimately adding his voice. We were surprised as anybody...and look forward to our free can of Dr. Pepper.

-http://www.meetbeaton.com/news/-

Am I missing something here? This post doesn't mention Scraped, only Sorry and Shackler's Revenge (which we already know that were instrumentally written in 2000).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Still working on the next chapter which will cover the entirety of 2012.

In the mean time I have started a twitter account where I tweet about new interviews and articles added to the GNarchive at Appetite for Discussion, and I would think some of you guys would find it interesting:

https://www.twitter.com/appetite_4

We will be adding lots of new interviews that we have unearthed and transcribed in the upcoming weeks so that twitter account will be the best source keep updated on that.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

You guys have done great work with this. Fast becoming the definitive source. 

Thank you. That's the plan. It is very dense and not very readable, but the idea is to present all the things that have actually been said and then it is up to others to perhaps read between the lines and come up with their combined version of the history of the band. It must be a gold mine for anyone wanting to write about the band. In the next edition, when I am finished going through articles up to the present, I intend to go over each chapter and write a bit more between the quotes, to make it more readable and explain contexts of the quotes, and also add more images and links to other chapters. It will be good.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Thank you. That's the plan. It is very dense and not very readable, but the idea is to present all the things that have actually been said and then it is up to others to perhaps read between the lines and come up with their combined version of the history of the band. It must be a gold mine for anyone wanting to write about the band. In the next edition, when I am finished going through articles up to the present, I intend to go over each chapter and write a bit more between the quotes, to make it more readable and explain contexts of the quotes, and also add more images and links to other chapters. It will be good.

Do you mean a proper website?

53 minutes ago, Debt said:

Do you mean a proper website?

No, I want to keep it at a forum because I like giving visitors the opportunity to share and add to the story. Like, we have a thread for each and every GN'R show, each and every song, each and every band members, where people can post and maybe contribute with information. I like that aspect of it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I want to keep it at a forum because I like giving visitors the opportunity to share and add to the story. Like, we have a thread for each and every GN'R show, each and every song, each and every band members, where people can post and maybe contribute with information. I like that aspect of it.

You make an interesting point, though. About it being an excellent resource. And its their words. A proper website similar to Lithorati.

43 minutes ago, Debt said:

You make an interesting point, though. About it being an excellent resource. And its their words. A proper website similar to Lithorati.

Lithorati is amazing. Well, when I am done I might consider it, but as of right now I don't feel it is right to "publish" it like that, it is too unfinished. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In this era, actually from 2011 onwards I'm shocked at how much Bumble got away with. The amount of winging and essentially slagging the band off publicly he got away with is pretty crumby seeing as he was getting paid and he stuck around, presumably for the money. 

I've always found him shady. 

31 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

In this era, actually from 2011 onwards I'm shocked at how much Bumble got away with. The amount of winging and essentially slagging the band off publicly he got away with is pretty crumby seeing as he was getting paid and he stuck around, presumably for the money. 

I've always found him shady. 

To me, he always came off as the only one who had the balls to say something. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jamillos said:

He was lucky Axl stuck with that 3 guitarist idea. Robin and Fortus were more than adequate. After Bucket left Axl should have retired the 3 guitarist idea. 

23 hours ago, jamillos said:

Should he have been saying anything. Considering he was an employer of Axls and pretty lucky in that regard to travel the globe X amount of times over and be on the album? To spend at least 3 years moaning publicly just seemed sad and embarrassing to me. Surely this must've got back to TB and Axl.