Melissa Reese Article - Rolling Stone

There is a new Rolling Stone article featuring Melissa that showed up in my Apple News feed this morning. I do not subscribe to Apple News Plus so I wasn't able to read it but thought someone here might be able to find a way to share it. I'm sure she will clear up all of our questions on the inner-workings of the band...or candy and emojis. Either way, it should be non-violent and virus-free so that in itself is a relief.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

I saw it too and I thought it was interesting since the headline is “Guns N Roses New Member Melissa Reese” which is weird since she’s been in the band for four years now.  It makes me wonder if they’re ACTUALLY trying to pump up the media coverage behind the scenes for SOMETHING.  

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, SheldonR311 said:

I saw it too and I thought it was interesting since the headline is “Guns N Roses New Member Melissa Reese” which is weird since she’s been in the band for four years now.  It makes me wonder if they’re ACTUALLY trying to pump up the media coverage behind the scenes for SOMETHING.  

I would consider four years compared to 35 as new. 

• GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, Jephro Rucastle said:

There is a new Rolling Stone article featuring Melissa that showed up in my Apple News feed this morning. I do not subscribe to Apple News Plus so I wasn't able to read it but thought someone here might be able to find a way to share it. I'm sure she will clear up all of our questions on the inner-workings of the band...or candy and emojis. Either way, it should be non-violent and virus-free so that in itself is a relief.

Is Melissa non-violent and virus free?

Thats good to know.

5 hours ago, SheldonR311 said:

Ah don't bother reading into it. She does other stuff too and likely RS only talked yo her because she would talk a bit about gnr, but she is likely promoting solo work, a few mentions of work with Brain on those remixes and of course how great the tour was, how much covid sucks... you get the idea.

I do like her though, she seems genuine and absolutely doesn't act like she's above the gig, like ths last guy who was in her spot. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

"In other news GN'R hired guitarist and professional Izzy Stradlin impersonator Richard "Hopefully Soon" Fortus explains the possibility of another GN'R album dropping soon, if not hopefully sooner." 

Are we really desperate for a Melissa interview about nothing interesting? Sad!

Well, there are completist in every fanbase that like to know everything about every member of the band... so I'm sure there's someone eager to read this. If I didn't have to subscribe I'd read this interview, I read one of her interviews a while back and thought she was pretty interesting even when talking about solo stuff that I don't really care about.

I take your point though, she is a member of the band, but she isn't essential. For me, she earns her keep from just the BVs she adds... It's impossible to tell what she is adding on songs like DTJ, She could be utilised more, looking for to the duet on the new record!! ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Band has described her as an "Enhancer", which means that she could add additional guitar and bass lines

For example:

I'm pretty sure that she plays additional guitar chords on CD and DTJ 

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

The Band has described her as an "Enhancer", which means that she could add additional guitar and bass lines

I was listening to the Apollo remix the other day and I can def hear the slide guitar effect in the Chinese Democracy's verses trying to mimic Bumblefoot fretless. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

She's cute, and is the same age as me too.

Is she really only 30?

Seen conflicting DOB's for her everywhere. I've not read the article and can't seem to find it, so apologies if it's in there!

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Is she really only 30?

Seen conflicting DOB's for her everywhere. I've not read the article and can't seem to find it, so apologies if it's in there!

I'm not sure if anyone has found the article yet.

According to her Wikipedia page, she was born March 1, 1990. (Not exactly a reliable source) For a while I remember it said 1989/1990 so that was weird. 

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

According to her Wikipedia page, she was born March 1, 1990. (Not exactly a reliable source) For a while I remember it said 1989/1990 so that was weird. 

Fair fucks to her if she is only 30, being 26 when all of this kicked off and involved in one of the biggest tours of all time is some going. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dean said:

Fair fucks to her if she is only 30, being 26 when all of this kicked off and involved in one of the biggest tours of all time is some going. 

Absolutely! What a surreal experience that must have been. Must have felt a lot of pressure too, initially. 

• GNFNR 1

29 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Not sure if thats true. Majority of other sites have her born in 1985

1 minute ago, vloors said:

Not sure if thats true. Majority of other sites have her born in 1985

Very well could be, she seems a bit older too, and I don't mean that in any negative way. She's beautiful in every way. 

Edited by Sweersa

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Very well could be, she seems a bit older too, and I don't mean that in any negative way. She's beautiful in every way. 

Yes still young compared to everyone else in the band.

Another thing her first ep was made in 2007 with Brain and Bucket. Meaning they would be making songs with a 17 year old if she was born in 1990.  I have my doubts but who knows.

5 minutes ago, vloors said:

Yes still young compared to everyone else in the band.

Another thing her first ep was made in 2007 with Brain and Bucket. Meaning they would be making songs with a 17 year old if she was born in 1990.  I have my doubts but who knows.

That would definitely be on the unusual side! Of course in the realm of Bucket, who knows. 

It is cool there there is still a connection to Bucket with a current GN'R member. Gives me some hope...