Jump to content

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

I bought a cd from Russia about 2 months ago & got it 2 weeks later (im in los angeles) . So i think youll be good.

That's great news. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My LP was FINALLY delivered a few minutes ago! Hooray! No FBI symbol on the back and the records look perfect. I'm excited to spin it later and I hope it lives up to the hype of no inner groove distor

It’s well known that the alternative covers were to be released but unfortunately those plans were undone by COVID-08

Update / non update: Record is still out floating around the world. As someone predicted earlier in the thread, the tracking just stopped being updated a month ago when the record left Russia. 

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I grabbed one off of Discogs just now. It was listed as being sold from the Russian Federation, so here's hoping it's right. With tax & shipping the total was around $60 USD. 

Fingers crossed its not a counterfeit. 

Unfortunately, I know various people who made some bad experiences by ordering records from russia. Furthermore, Russia does not belong to the EU and it is infamous for bootleging stuff. Discogs alone list four or five bootleg versions for the CD version of CD made in Russia. At least according to Discogs the vinyl version of CD is not bootleged yet. Hence, you might a have luck 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Fingers crossed its not a counterfeit. 

Unfortunately, I know various people who made some bad experiences by ordering records from russia. Furthermore, Russia does not belong to the EU and it is infamous for bootleging stuff. Discogs alone list four or five bootleg versions for the CD version of CD made in Russia. At least according to Discogs the vinyl version of CD is not bootleged yet. Hence, you might a have luck 😃

Yeah, I've seen/heard about all the bootlegs out of Russia. I know about those CD / CD bootlegs too. 

I'm crossing my fingers no one went to the trouble of making a bootleg of the vinyl haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I've seen/heard about all the bootlegs out of Russia. I know about those CD / CD bootlegs too. 

I'm crossing my fingers no one went to the trouble of making a bootleg of the vinyl haha

I'd be in for a high quality bootleg of the red hand and grenade cover album, assuming they can source the artwork for the booklets, case, and CD art.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I've seen/heard about all the bootlegs out of Russia. I know about those CD / CD bootlegs too. 

I'm crossing my fingers no one went to the trouble of making a bootleg of the vinyl haha

Please keep us updated 😃

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'd be in for a high quality bootleg of the red hand and grenade cover album, assuming they can source the artwork for the booklets, case, and CD art.

I mentioned that earlier in the thread. With all the bootlegging going on in the world, you’d think someone would have made the alternative covers available. Hell - I’d pay just to have the Grenade sleeve to swap with my current ‘official’ one!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

I mentioned that earlier in the thread. With all the bootlegging going on in the world, you’d think someone would have made the alternative covers available. Hell - I’d pay just to have the Grenade sleeve to swap with my current ‘official’ one!

Same here! That would be cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Please keep us updated 😃

Will do. I'll spin it as soon as I can after I arrives. I want very badly to hear the rest of the album correctly on vinyl! 

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I mentioned that earlier in the thread. With all the bootlegging going on in the world, you’d think someone would have made the alternative covers available. Hell - I’d pay just to have the Grenade sleeve to swap with my current ‘official’ one!

 

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Same here! That would be cool.

There are VERY high quality scans of the Red Hand cover available. Not sure on the Grenade cover. I have no clue how much it would cost to get custom LP jackets done, but I would be very interested if one of you guys looks into it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Will do. I'll spin it as soon as I can after I arrives. I want very badly to hear the rest of the album correctly on vinyl! 

 

There are VERY high quality scans of the Red Hand cover available. Not sure on the Grenade cover. I have no clue how much it would cost to get custom LP jackets done, but I would be very interested if one of you guys looks into it. 

Yeah - maybe something worth looking into (I’m sure there was a high res grenade cover too). I’ll see what I can find online if this is even possible.

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Same here! That would be cool.

👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a wonder that they didn't release the booklet with the different cover, even in a limited capacity. The grenade and hand are really cool! the bike is definitely memorable though, and in some ways reminds of the old Illusions arty style, assuming that's why it was picked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Will do. I'll spin it as soon as I can after I arrives. I want very badly to hear the rest of the album correctly on vinyl! 

 

There are VERY high quality scans of the Red Hand cover available. Not sure on the Grenade cover. I have no clue how much it would cost to get custom LP jackets done, but I would be very interested if one of you guys looks into it. 

Anyone with access to a nice printer could probably do it, getting the colors to look right (after getting the sizes right would be the biggest challenge. Some business level print shops might be able to do it, but they may have a policy or something preventing making copies of copyright material. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It is a wonder that they didn't release the booklet with the different cover, even in a limited capacity. The grenade and hand are really cool! the bike is definitely memorable though, and in some ways reminds of the old Illusions arty style, assuming that's why it was picked.

I believe the alt covers were planned for eventual release, I thought even Axl mentioned this. Who know what stopped that from happening.

I was actually never a big fan of the bike cover, as cool as the story is. Just looks weird to me. Had covers B and C been released, it wouldn't have mattered much to me, and I would have still bought multiple copies of the same album for the covers and books. Haha

CD probably would have sold a little better with all 3 covers, everyone I have shown the alt covers too loved them, imagine them blown up to poster size for advertising in the store or whatever, they would certainly get my attention. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I believe the alt covers were planned for eventual release, I thought even Axl mentioned this. Who know what stopped that from happening.

I was actually never a big fan of the bike cover, as cool as the story is. Just looks weird to me. Had covers B and C been released, it wouldn't have mattered much to me, and I would have still bought multiple copies of the same album for the covers and books. Haha

CD probably would have sold a little better with all 3 covers, everyone I have shown the alt covers too loved them, imagine them blown up to poster size for advertising in the store or whatever, they would certainly get my attention. 

Cost, I assume after all the time the record label probably made some "agreements" to release them, but reneged... guessing that's why Axl didn't promote the record at all... although that last part makes no sense whatsoever, to this day.

I think the grenade and hand are both much cooler, and immediate.  I would love to hear CD on vinyl and good speakers, @RussTCBput the kettle on :D 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To further back up the EU one being better (although doesn’t say specifically it’s inner groove related) I found this comment at the stevehoffman website. If @RussTCBconfirms what we hope and it’s a great version I will bite the bullet I think.

A small update, having compared various copies of US and EU pressings. Very different pressing quality! The US pressing is a nightmare of surface noise, absolutely horrible. I have cleaned two copies three times on a RCM with different liquids (water+isopropyl, and L'Art Du Son) and they still are noisy. The EU pressings are absolutely silent.

So if you want this album, get the EU version

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

To further back up the EU one being better (although doesn’t say specifically it’s inner groove related) I found this comment at the stevehoffman website. If @RussTCBconfirms what we hope and it’s a great version I will bite the bullet I think.

A small update, having compared various copies of US and EU pressings. Very different pressing quality! The US pressing is a nightmare of surface noise, absolutely horrible. I have cleaned two copies three times on a RCM with different liquids (water+isopropyl, and L'Art Du Son) and they still are noisy. The EU pressings are absolutely silent.

So if you want this album, get the EU version

Nice find! I may just have to order one for the collection, even though I don't currently have a vinyl player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think the grenade and hand are both much cooler, and immediate.  I would love to hear CD on vinyl and good speakers, @RussTCBput the kettle on :D 

If you're ever near Detroit for any reason, hit me up! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RussTCB said:

If you're ever near Detroit for any reason, hit me up! 

Definitely! Whenever I get around to the great Americana road trip! 

35 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

To further back up the EU one being better (although doesn’t say specifically it’s inner groove related) I found this comment at the stevehoffman website. If @RussTCBconfirms what we hope and it’s a great version I will bite the bullet I think.

A small update, having compared various copies of US and EU pressings. Very different pressing quality! The US pressing is a nightmare of surface noise, absolutely horrible. I have cleaned two copies three times on a RCM with different liquids (water+isopropyl, and L'Art Du Son) and they still are noisy. The EU pressings are absolutely silent.

So if you want this album, get the EU version

Jaysis! fortunately they didn't release many! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Mine shipped today, so I should be able to report back on quality when it arrives in a few weeks.

Cool - looking forward to your opinion before pulling the trigger. I was looking into ‘custom’ covers etc and it seems doable although initially it would seem for bulk printing. I guess a local printer could do a one off - I was thinking a sleeve cover 12” Spine Jacket with the Grenade cover on one side with the Red Hand on the other would be cool? Just slip it over the existing packaging?

Edited by DTJ80
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Cool - looking forward to your opinion before pulling the trigger. I was looking into ‘custom’ covers etc and it seems doable although initially it would seem for bulk printing. I guess a local printer could do a one off - I was thinking a sleeve cover 12” Spine Jacket with the Grenade cover on one side with the Red Hand on the other would be cool? Just slip it over the existing packaging?

Oh, that would he cool. I have a custom slip case of sorts for my Deja Entendu LP by Brand New. 

The GN'R thing would be full color as opposed to a die cut like the Brand New thing but still, it'll be cool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened to this again this morning. Sounds fine to me, but then I haven’t heard the US pressing to compare. I also don’t have high end stereo equipment...

Id be willing to trade this copy for some other vinyl if anyone was interested. I don’t listen to CD enough to keep it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Listened to this again this morning. Sounds fine to me, but then I haven’t heard the US pressing to compare. I also don’t have high end stereo equipment...

Id be willing to trade this copy for some other vinyl if anyone was interested. I don’t listen to CD enough to keep it. 

I might take you up on that offer....will need to wait for Russ’ confirmation as he will know 100% as he will have both. 👍

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...