Twitch Bans Music

RussTCB

Well......this sucks

www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/twitch-users-face-potential-channel-bans-following-platforms-sudden-influx-of-dmca-music-takedown-requests/

This matters to me directly because Twitch was the last place I could share my music spins and encourage others to love and buy music. It matters to a TON of other users for many other reasons too. 

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Well......this sucks

www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/twitch-users-face-potential-channel-bans-following-platforms-sudden-influx-of-dmca-music-takedown-requests/

This matters to me directly because Twitch was the last place I could share my music spins and encourage others to love and buy music. It matters to a TON of other users for many other reasons too. 

Music is a huge part of Twitch, this really sucks :/

41 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Music is a huge part of Twitch, this really sucks :/

Agreed. These record labels are so fucking short sighted it's unbelievable. People don't buy more music when these things happen, they just go back to stealing it. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Agreed. These record labels are so fucking short sighted it's unbelievable. People don't buy more music when these things happen, they just go back to stealing it. 

Unequivocally. If were going to have streaming be a platform, which by the way is usually free with YouTube, Spotify, I don't understand why they have an issue with someone streaming music. A paid platform like Netflix makes sense, but streaming music... that is already on a free platform..

• Like 1

It's interesting to see how it will affect certain big musicians that are also Twitch streamers and whether or not their stream content will get caught by DMCA (even if it is their own music being played).  Matt Heafy of Trivium, Herman Li of Dragonforce, Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park, etc.

Edited by Anguyen92