WTF Finck Solo

28 minutes ago, sackxl said:

This one here? I always wondered if he gave as well as received (like he did from Manson) which might explain how he got the job "playing" guitar

No. :D This is horrible, he plays in the wrong key the whole thing through. In the beginning Finck was horrible, I hated it. The one I'm talking about is from 2006.  It's awesome. Not the crap it starts with, the main SCOM solo.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Yeah, sweet Finck solo for sure :headbang:

Often in Guns, he seemed to struggle with extended melodic phrases. He often seemed to play almost like smaller groupings of melody that were awkwardly smushed together (if that makes sense). But here he's in the pocket of the melody and sustains the sing-song feel to it through out the first half. Then he fucking rips the head of the second half!

(Sidenote: Axl, Tommy N' The Fashion Victims :lol:)

Edited by soon
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, El Guapo said:

No. :D This is horrible, he plays in the wrong key the whole thing through. In the beginning Finck was horrible, I hated it. The one I'm talking about is from 2006.  It's awesome. Not the crap it starts with, the main SCOM solo.

God I miss that Axl, wtf happened????

i know ten years is a long time but he really let himself go between 06-16, he’s like a different person

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

God I miss that Axl, wtf happened????

i know ten years is a long time but he really let himself go between 06-16, he’s like a different person

That in itself is so GnR. We finally got Slash back, now the real Axl is kinda missing. :D:(

It's always nice to see these topics. Often feels like a majority of the online community seem to have changed their stance on Nugnr doing a total u-turn since the reunion. The forums were full of positivity towards the band members at large. Except maybe pitman and ashba at times. 

They were an excellent band in 06 and played some amazing gigs 09-10. 

Finck played some awesome solos even if he did drop the occasional bend and noodle at times. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Axlr0s37 said:

It's always nice to see these topics. Often feels like a majority of the online community seem to have changed their stance on Nugnr doing a total u-turn since the reunion. The forums were full of positivity towards the band members at large. Except maybe pitman and ashba at times. 

They were an excellent band in 06 and played some amazing gigs 09-10. 

Finck played some awesome solos even if he did drop the occasional bend and noodle at times. 

Yeah. Loved it at the time and seems (weirdly) even better now. I think there remained a strange aura of mystery about the band and crucially there was a lot of hope in the future then. You never knew quite what was going to happen. 

Insane to think back then that Slash would return and they'd end up boring people! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah. Loved it at the time and seems (weirdly) even better now. I think there remained a strange aura of mystery about the band and crucially there was a lot of hope in the future then. You never knew quite what was going to happen. 

Insane to think back then that Slash would return and they'd end up boring people! 

Give me Finck then over slash now any day

Thought his rhythm playing was the best of anyone that was ever in the band

Edited by Brownstone drum
Extra sentence
  • Like 2

Finck is my favorite GNR guitarist. I’d take him over slash any day. So much more passion while playing and you can hear it. Slash going through the motion playing his own songs that he wrote, while robin played them as if they were his own. As far as sound, Robin plays such different  styles where slash stays “in his lane” being more technical. 

• Like 2

Just now, estrangedtwat said:

Hands down the single worst guitarist to ever perform under the GNR name.   I'd take fucking Ashba over him any day.   Cause at least Ashba played the goddamn songs the way they were meant to be played.

Robin's take on the AFD stuff is excruciating.   He sounds like a little kid that found his dad's guitar and just started fucking around with it.

I saw him with NIN and he was great, but for fuck's sake, was he godawful in Guns N Roses.

I felt the Village leaks really highlighted Finck's skills as a guitarist. He was a tad sloppy live though, but it may just be his style.

He most notable solos for me were Better, This I Love, and Street of Dreams on the actual album. 

If he did the solo on Perhaps (I know there's some debate as to if it was him vs Brian May), that was amazing. I like his playing on Hardschool too. Me and My Elvis is also great too, most seem to think that is him and not Bucket. Also, the old Rhiad solo that Bumblefoot replaced on the album, I thought that was Bucket for years, but the leaked Village mix with Josh on drums has that solo, so I assume Finck did that unless they had Bucket's solo on a song with Josh on drums for whatever reason. Also, Zodiac, if it was him, has awesome guitars. With proper Axl vocals, Zodiac is single material much like Better was IMO.

• Like 2

Robin always got an unfair run during the New GNR days. He can play, for sure. Once he altered his look and they stopped appearing like a circus act (ala 2000-2002), he looked like he fit the billing of a "Guns N' Roses guitarist" more than anyone else not named Slash, Duff, Izzy or Gilby. 80% of that is the hair and sunglasses.