When did the Slash + Duff hate start?

I don't get how you can dislike a bands members.  A band is a group thing.                                                            My post is not directed at  anyone in particular.                  Izzy is a flake...Stevens a fukc up...Matt is co cky .Your opinion. Mine. Her opinion. His. We all have one. I am not hating on any of the band.. My op on some things, Slash, Duff, Axl could have had Steve,Izzy,Matt and  6 way even spilt for one of the many legs of the American tours from over the 3.5 years 2016- 2019 of maybe 30 shows, if that many even on one American leg. Certainly, it would have not bankrupted Axl,Duff,Slash.  Certainly Steve, Matt,Izzy could have done about 2 months of shows, 30 dates. It would have a fan fav ,sold out, great pr, and dvd sales with $0.00 for Iz,Steve,Matt.   The cother people on stage would have been on break as they are hired staff.                                                                                                          DUFF,AXL,SLASH do CARE first ,foremost about grabing as much money as they could AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. DUff revising 1980s made him look silly or senile. He needs not speak of it, but to try to Me too#, kind of silly. Fact some brought up, no band photos of the 3 of them. What does that tell you,lol and there is nothing wrong with that.. The other people on stage are just hired employees and their is nothing wrong with that. The tour was q nostalgic act of the hits of reunited UYI tour and there is nothing wrong with that. New music, I hate bursting oldies fans bubbles, hopes, but obviously,  the Big 3 dont want to do that. It is probably legally too complicated. No one of their majority paying audience wants to hear new music. No place like radio or videos for new music. Old people don't make videos. No one wants to see old people. No new music can compete with the music and times and times of AFD - UYIs. Old men cannot record new music, ewwww, of those times and things. I mean GnR. I dont their older fans or newer younger ones want to hear songs of pure, wonderful marital ballads, being a father, political songs, where the  guys are in real life. BTW, I am a Black American female aged 55 ,a fan from my college years of the 1980s.

Edited by Amaya

10 hours ago, Amaya said:

Old people don't make videos. No one wants to see old people. No new music can compete with the music and times and times of AFD - UYIs. Old men cannot record new music, ewwww, of those times and things. I mean GnR. I dont their older fans or newer younger ones want to hear songs of pure, wonderful marital ballads, being a father, political songs, where the  guys are in real life. BTW, I am a Black American female aged 55 ,a fan from my college years of the 1980s.

Ehhhhhhh I call bollocks there. Sorry. 

Neil Young is an old geezer who bangs out material and it’s the exact same as he’s been since the get go, some brilliant, some kinda shite. But 70% brilliance, even still. And fucking amazing live to boot. 

The Stones have released more albums than gnr in the last 30 years... and are better live than GNR

Motorhead were making great albums well into their career. Lemmy was making killer music into his 60s! Motörhead Live were a loud and brilliant beast... 

Tom Pettys final 2 albums were great

The Who just released a pretty good album

Old Age doesn’t = Shit. 

I have no expectations when I put on a new record by a band. And it’s rare as hell if there ain’t 3-4 tunes on there I like. Great musicians make music for themselves, and if other people like that’s great. When bands write like that, it shows in the songs and the mood of an album. 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

I wouldnt say anyone HATES Duff or Slash...

In my honest opinion, Slash's performances wherent what I expected, his old live style which I loved, is gone...he sounds like another guitarist, just noodling, and noodling...

But I love the guy, always will...his studio work is just amazing, for me the best...(Bucket has won a lot of love in my heart to be honest, I keep discovering mindblowing songs everyday) but GnR is with Slash...

Duff on the other hand, makes me smile when I see him play with Guns...

9 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Ehhhhhhh I call bollocks there. Sorry. 

Neil Young is an old geezer who bangs out material and it’s the exact same as he’s been since the get go, some brilliant, some kinda shite. But 70% brilliance, even still. And fucking amazing live to boot. 

The Stones have released more albums than gnr in the last 30 years... and are better live than GNR

Motorhead were making great albums well into their career. Lemmy was making killer music into his 60s! Motörhead Live were a loud and brilliant beast... 

Tom Pettys final 2 albums were great

The Who just released a pretty good album

Old Age doesn’t = Shit. 

I have no expectations when I put on a new record by a band. And it’s rare as hell if there ain’t 3-4 tunes on there I like. Great musicians make music for themselves, and if other people like that’s great. When bands write like that, it shows in the songs and the mood of an album. 

I like and agree what you  laat said  here. Yes you are right about about those others and their fans,. The Stones don't make JJFlash or Satisfaction part 34. Def Leppard has put out new music, but they dont repeat the 1980s DefLep sound and themes. I will from on ask and say on new music posts, I don't think GnR fans older and newer fans, will go for   new music unlike AFD- UYIs. Topic, tempo, no. The Big 3, as mid aged men ,cannot write those type of songs again. I admire they have not tried to repeat, reheat AFD - UYIs.

How can you hate someone you don't know? Why are some people still here if this band sucks that hard? 

Everything is just speculations as no one knows a shit what is going on. 

Edited by --DEA--
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 5:16 PM, JY2016 said:

Reading this thread gives me the feeling that I am in the minority, but I still think it’s awesome that they are back in GNR. Before the reunion, I always said to friends that I have seen every band that I wanted to see in my life multiple times except GNR with Slash and Duff, but that that would never happen. How grateful I was when the reunion was announced. As they did not go to Europe in 2016, I crossed the Atlantic to see two shows in Chicago that year. Every time they go to Europe I try to see as many shows as possible and I enjoy it every time as much is I can. The NuGNR era does not do anything for me, although I visited three shows back then (more like a “it’s better than nothing”). CD does not do much for me, as Slash and Duff are not on the record. I like hearing them playing some of these tunes live though (CD, Better).

I enjoy it while I can and while they are around. It’s the soundtrack of my life. The glass is half full!

Fernando thinks the same.

36 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Bullshit 

Just my opinion...you can think different.

I’ve said it many times, I’ve enjoyed the NITL show Ive attended A LOT...

But when I watch some live footage I just think Slash is noodling and deforming his own solos in a way I dont like that much...Im not saying he sucks, or he should be replaced hahahaa its Slash, I love him and want him there...but I feel that way about his playing, he seems he wants to end the songs as fast as possible 

6 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

But when I watch some live footage I just think Slash is noodling and deforming his own solos in a way I dont like that much...Im not saying he sucks, or he should be replaced hahahaa its Slash, I love him and want him there...but I feel that way about his playing, he seems he wants to end the songs as fast as possible 

That statement is simply wrong. He noodles a little bit more, but he isn't just noodling. 

27 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I think he tries to overcompensate , look when you have a guy like Richard in a band, who is more skilled technically than slash (i'm not saying Fortus is a better guitarrist then Slash, or more talented), i think that's the reason why Slash tries (wrongly) to put a lot more notes in his solos, like to just prove a point, HE is the lead guitar in Guns N' Roses. 

Ps: I'm very ... hungover right now and english is not my first language in case none of that makes sense haha.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Just listen the Rock in Rio proshot...I think that except NR, SCOM and Whichita, he fucks up all the other songs...extremely sloppy and noodling

They played over 150 shows and you picked one. I've heard him play excellent versions of almost every song except for Yesterdays. Even the outro solo of TWAT. He knocked it out of the park in Madison Square Garden in one of their two shows in 2017.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

They played over 150 shows and you picked one. I've heard him play excellent versions of almost every song except for Yesterdays. Even the outro solo of TWAT. He knocked it out of the park in Madison Square Garden in one of their two shows in 2017.

Its not that I picked one, I chose it as a clear example of what I’m saying...

However, Im glad you like it man!

Edited by Alejandro GNR

33 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I'll have to watch that Twat, cos everyone I've seen he's murdered

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Its not that I picked one, I chose it as a clear example of what I’m saying...

However, Im glad you like it man!

All I say is you can't pick one show out of hundret as an example and say he's just noodling when there are other examples where he's not. 

• Like 1

I don't hate Slash or Duff but I don't admire them like I once did. 

As a player I still think Slash is great. He is the only reason I even follow this band at all  and in my opinion he carries the shows. That said I think he plays better with his solo band than this Guns these days. I just don't think there is any natural chemistry with this band and it shows in his performance. I think the reunion is half ass and I lost a little respect for them all around when they went against everything they ever stood for for what appears to be just for the money.  The whole Steven and Izzy situation is kind of sour.  I always had great respect for Duff but he is kind of a turn off these days. I will go see them play live but my interest has certainly dwindled the last couple years. 

• Like 3

I never saw Slash or Duff live so I would go anytime to see them if they were near to my home even if it is in the next 10 years  I assume there are many others who feel like me

I don't have any issues if there is no new album. If there is one, I don't have high hopes or expectations - half of it would be good, other half probably so-so. 

Im just glad they are back together  

• Like 2

Mu high hopes base in every song Ive heard from Axl except a few ones (scraped, my world as the best examples)...

I have loved the songs Ive heard from him, I love his voice and his uniqueness. Im convinced new music will be amazing...not UYI amazing, but different..(UYI are my fav gnr albums)

And if we add Slash, Im sure it will be loved by me...theres no chance I wont.

25 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Mu high hopes base in every song Ive heard from Axl except a few ones (scraped, my world as the best examples)...

I have loved the songs Ive heard from him, I love his voice and his uniqueness. Im convinced new music will be amazing...not UYI amazing, but different..(UYI are my fav gnr albums)

And if we add Slash, Im sure it will be loved by me...theres no chance I wont.

Saaaame. But then, I've also loved Loaded, Conspirators, and Duff's solo record last year. These guys have a lot left to give, especially as a group collaboration. 

• Haha 1