Need your help!

On 6/21/2020 at 5:08 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah it’s on the pinball machine!

speaking of pinball, didnt they announce a year ago a new GNR pinball machine was on the way?  can these guys get anything out in a timely manner? 

https://www.pinball.co.uk/blog/slash-reveals-forthcoming-guns-n-roses-pinball/

• Haha 1

-Remastered/remixed albums

-Raw mixes without all the effects

-Original demos of songs that made the albums

-All unreleased songs and demos

-Perfect Crime documentary

-A full live Pro Shot concert that has never leaked, preferably with Izzy, 1993 as a backup

-TSI?, adding a bonus of the available original songs with Izzy's work and other covers that didn't make TSI? or the UYIs

-All official and promo videos

-Compilation of TV appearances (November Rain at MTV Awards, Freddie Mercury concert) This one might be a pipe dream due to licensing issues

• Like 1

On 23/06/2020 at 10:25 PM, gavgnr said:

As an aside, just wanna day I think it’s pretty cool of GNR to reach out asking for our input on this 👍

edit: just wish the band was more inclined in this way with unreleased Chinese era music 

Surely there will be a time for this? I’d hope if we got the AFD stuff, we are getting UYI stuff then stands to reason we should get CD stuff at some point too.

That will be tremendous!! 👍

Edited by DTJ80
Horrific autocorrect
  • Like 1

On 23/06/2020 at 8:56 PM, ToonGuns said:

One request from me is make the vinyls easier to get. Nobody plays CD's anymore. With the Appetite Box you could either buy a basic album vinyl, a basic album CD, a "basic" boxset which only contained CD's, or if you wanted all the additional vinyls you had to fork out a shit tonne of cash for a fucking huge box. Make the additional vinyls easier to access for those of us that either don't have space for a box or can't afford the big bucks - consider a vinyl boxset.

Agreed. I’ll likely go for the Uber-version but there HAS to be better access to the vinyl stuff. It’s a crime that TSI, CD and the bonus stuff from the LNL box aren’t in print.

• Like 1

So someone on discord pointed me to this website that details all of the band’s demo sessions: http://www.suicideshift.info/bootleg/bootleg-demos-info.html

Turns out all those “Rumbo Tapes bootleg” songs I kept talking about on here (Crash Diet, Too Much Too Fast, Just Another Sunday, Sentimental Movie, Bring It Down Home, and the demos of Yesterdays, Bad Obsession, and The Garden) are actually part of a collection called “The Hell House Sessions,” cause all those were recorded when Slash and Steven were living (and doing drugs nonstop) in that house the label rented for them, pre-AFD.

According to that website, these are other songs which were recorded there:

Sunny Lovers Day, Walk On By (later released as an Outpatients song), Martyr of the 20th Century, Second Time Loser, Drinkin, Make Your Play, Drum Machine Instrumental 1, Drum Machine Instrumental 2, and Its So Easy (Acoustic).

No word as to who sings on any of these. If it’s all West Arkeen vocals then I guess none of these would be worth releasing, especially not on a UYI box, but just thought it’d be fun to share here anyways!

Edited by rocknroll41

On 6/23/2020 at 5:24 PM, UsedYourIllusion said:

Why not both? I think if they could get a remix of the UYI albums to sound like TSI, it'd be fantastic. Pack it with demos and live stuff, and you're good!

How could they get UYI to sound like TSI? I love the songs on TSI, but a huge part of the charm of that album is the sound.

13 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

How could they get UYI to sound like TSI? I love the songs on TSI, but a huge part of the charm of that album is the sound.

You'd essentially have to remix the tracks and albums. I think you could get it pretty close, especially with someone EQing Matt's drums, turning up Izzy's guitar, maybe tweaking the gain on Slash's guitar. Now thematically, I think if you removed or tweaked a lot of the overdubs and sound effects--thatd go a long way (tracks like Perfect Crime, Garden Of Eden, Coma) could really benefit

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Prince just announced "Sign O The Times" super duper box set.

Remaster, 2 live concerts, 60 unreleased songs. 

£200.

That's the way to do it.

Prince himself just announced that?! Fuck, even a dead guy is doing more than GnR! ;)

Seriously, though... Even a dead guy is doing more than GnR...

• Haha 1

One concert from each year of the Use Your Illusion Tour, I mean, 1 from 1991, 1 from 1992 and 1 from 1993 (Skin N’ Bones leg).

1991 - I suggest Philadelphia 12/16/1991 or Stockholm 08/16/1991 or Stockholm 08/17/1991 (maybe a compilation of both Stockholm shows).

1992 - I suggest Las Vegas 01/25/1992 or São Paulo 12/10/1992 or Cologne 05/30/1992 or London 06/13/1992 (IT’S NOT THE FREDDIE MERCURY TRIBUTE CONCERT).

1993 - I suggest Cologne 06/19/1993 or Munich 06/26/1993 or Boston 03/17/1993 or Hartford 03/09/1993 or Milton Keynes 05/29/1993 or Milton Keynes 05/30/1993 (maybe a compilation of both Milton Keynes shows).

One concert from each of the three years in Blu-Ray and live album for everyone’s taste. With a high quality audio, I mean, a good mixed audio, please!

Besides that, the less important, really less important (like just an addition), but still deserves something: a remastered version of the Tokyo 1992 or Paris 1992 concerts (especially with a better mixing of sound) in Blu-Ray and live album too.

Edited by diegodasilva23

Could they actually release a blu ray of just any old show? Like, if everything they recorded is the same quality as Chicago or Oklahoma '92, how much could they improve the quality? We know the '91 warm-up shows were shot on film, so they could use those shows, but other shows like Tokyo '92 won't get much better than the original release from what I've read. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Could they actually release a blu ray of just any old show? Like, if everything they recorded is the same quality as Chicago or Oklahoma '92, how much could they improve the quality? We know the '91 warm-up shows were shot on film, so they could use those shows, but other shows like Tokyo '92 won't get much better than the original release from what I've read. 

Ritz 91 in that quality would be insane! Really love that show, the band was on fire also they did a really cool setlist

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I , and probably many others would like any footage we havnt seen rather than tokyo 92. Especially with yhe tokyo show, and seeing axls 20 different costume changes.

• Like 1

-Reworked and rerecorded unreleased songs like Ain't Going Down, Bring it Back Home, and Crash Diet with all new vocals and instruments

-Unreleased live shows, both audio and video

-A documentary on the era

-Not a thousand dollars

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

-Reworked and rerecorded unreleased songs like Ain't Going Down, Bring it Back Home, and Crash Diet with all new vocals and instruments

-Unreleased live shows, both audio and video

-A documentary on the era

-Not a thousand dollars

For that u want.... it would cost 1000 easily.

3 live shows remastered and all the cool stuff in the making. $300.

Remake all the demos and release them as 1 Cd. $100.

A documentary. $400.

And 200 for the box.

35 minutes ago, axlvai said:

And 200 for the box.

The UYI box should just be a plain box.

Slap a bloody bullet logo on there instead of the CD logo, pack it full of Blu Rays, CDs and LPs, and it's done. Price it right, and take my money. They have enough live recordings to work with that it should be pretty easy.

Chinese_Democracy_Promo_Box.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, axlvai said:

For that u want.... it would cost 1000 easily.

3 live shows remastered and all the cool stuff in the making. $300.

Remake all the demos and release them as 1 Cd. $100.

A documentary. $400.

And 200 for the box.

Even so... I remember Axl talking about UYI being a double album, and he literally said he'd reckon two people would buy it together, each would have one original and copy the other one. Oh those were the days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The UYI box should just be a plain box.

Slap a bloody bullet logo on there instead of the CD logo, pack it full of Blu Rays, CDs and LPs, and it's done. Price it right, and take my money. They have enough live recordings to work with that it should be pretty easy.

Chinese_Democracy_Promo_Box.jpg

Agreed - I said this earlier in the thread. Just follow the MetallicA template and use a clam box and we are good to go!

ajfa-deluxe-box-set.jpg?sw=650

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So, it depends.. i think, bare minimum--any show would probably look like Tokyo '92. I'm just guessing, or like an upgraded version of saskatoon. Which, i think is more than good enough. I just don't know what kind of cameras they used to shoot the shows--i doubt film cameras, they're just a little too expensive for each show. BUT, if they used professional broadcast cameras--which they probably did (since they had to project screen feeds that are HUGE)--then i think the quality would be more than sufficient! I think all the videos stolen by the crew were just reference tapes, hell Saskatoon doesn't look bad for a long-play (lower quality tape mode/tape type) VHS. I strongly doubt that Chicago or Oklahoma was some kind of master tape that was transferred to VHS. But, if someone did steal a master tape from the show, then just created different generation VHS tape copies to distribute--hence the shoddy quality/consistency, then the quality could be even better! But, honestly, you could pack any of the camcorder '80s shows and pack them with a soundboard and i'd be ecstatic! I think the visual quality is important, but second to performance and audio quality (which hopefully is close to the Yesterdays, Live in Las Vegas-single). 

Also, just listened to some demos from UYI, they definitely could remix the album to be like TSI--or at least, superior to the original release. I won't provide a link, but if you listen to The Garden instrumental, the sound is so superior to the record version--versions of all the tunes like that would blow me away

Edited by UsedYourIllusion