Need your help!

Sorry to dig this up, but I just had a new random thought:

This may sound crazy, but I think they might need to include three Blu-rays this time, if possible.

-UYI1 5.1 audio, UYI1 music videos, and video of a 1991 concert.

-UYI2 5.1 audio, UYI2 music videos, and video of a 1992 concert.

-TSI 5.1 audio, TSI music video(s), and video of a 1993 concert.

Or something like that. Idk if that’s economically feasible, but I think it’d be needed cause the kinda stuff we are asking for wouldn’t fit into just one Blu-ray, I don’t think (could be wrong, tho).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Sorry to dig this up, but I just had a new random thought:

This may sound crazy, but I think they might need to include three Blu-rays this time, if possible.

-UYI1 5.1 audio, UYI1 music videos, and video of a 1991 concert.

-UYI2 5.1 audio, UYI2 music videos, and video of a 1992 concert.

-TSI 5.1 audio, TSI music video(s), and video of a 1993 concert.

Or something like that. Idk if that’s economically feasible, but I think it’d be needed cause the kinda stuff we are asking for wouldn’t fit into just one Blu-ray, I don’t think (could be wrong, tho).

Great shout. I suppose the the TSI tracks could be split over the two UYI discs or something?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, derekness said:

Those have to be the laziest most arrogant answers by Fernando. This guy thinks he is Guns N' Roses

Yeah that was weird how he just said “move on” when someone asked him “does Axl know that we liked the songs that leaked last year?” Talk about passive aggressiveness!

i still wonder just how much of that material is still in consideration for a potential new album tho (if there really still even is a potential new album to begin with, that is).

Honestly, I get really crazy when we know that the shows are picking up dust and what GNR does is release a ridiculous album! Oh, fuck you ... honestly.

Why so much incompetence? Holy shit man, this is not possible. How far does the consideration for fans and love for music go?

What's the real problem with wanting to forget about the UYI era and recorded shows? Ashamed of yourself? Not wanting people to see you as you were before? Is it some trauma? There must be reasons why all this is maintained and nothing seems to want to get them out of there!

I think Axl has trauma and remembers very bad times and he doesn't want to "live" it again. It seems to be a trauma and he just wants to get away from it all.

What is your "theory"? Mine is basically this!
But speaking of the UYI Box set, I would love to see all the 1991 shows (without exception, the best part of the tour was with izzy for me), some demos, remastering the two albums, backstage scenes (including footage from RJ and Marc Canter if possible) and that's it.

Some shows I'm crazy to see in proshot:

Toledo
Saratoga Springs
Philadelphia
Nassau Coliseum
Hampton Coliseum
Charlotte Coliseum
Greensboro Coliseum
Dallas (2 nights)
Denver
Mountain View (2 nights)
Arco Sacramento
Inglewood

Edited by Whisky
  • Like 2

On 8/2/2020 at 6:32 AM, derekness said:

Those have to be the laziest most arrogant answers by Fernando. This guy thinks he is Guns N' Roses

On 8/2/2020 at 3:24 PM, derekness said:

Fernando doesn't realize that 99.9999999% of GnR fans doesn't know or care who he is. He's gotta stop being condescending and acting like he is a GnR member 

I agree. Really wish Slash/Duff would put him back in his place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I recently revisited the AFD box, and I realized that one of the coolest things about it is that, on the sound city discs, the AFD songs come first, and are ordered in the same exact way they are on the final album (apart from the three songs that hadn’t existed yet, of course).

So, in a way, it was like listening to a “rough draft” of the album itself.

If they could somehow create a similar experience like that for UYI, then that would be cool. I guess the best way to do that would be to use those “rough mixes” that slash had talked about.

Yeah, I agree - that is really cool how they did that.  The sound quality on the vinyl is excellent, as well.

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I recently revisited the AFD box, and I realized that one of the coolest things about it is that, on the sound city discs, the AFD songs come first, and are ordered in the same exact way they are on the final album (apart from the three songs that hadn’t existed yet, of course).

So, in a way, it was like listening to a “rough draft” of the album itself.

If they could somehow create a similar experience like that for UYI, then that would be cool. I guess the best way to do that would be to use those “rough mixes” that slash had talked about.

Man.... i was thinking the same listening the Qsound mixes. Like a UYI 3 AND 4. That would be great.

• Like 1

Not sure if you guys saw this, but Linkin Park just announced a reissue SDE box.  It’s got 3 vinyl albums, 5 CDs with some containing unreleased demos, b-sides, etc., 3 DVDs featuring a documentary, backstage footage, 2 entire live shows and another 90 minutes of unreleased live footage, a cassette tape, an 80 page book and some trinkets - $200.  

I’m not a fan of Linkin Park but here’s another example of a band celebrating an important album in a way that I think is cool.  The only thing this set is missing is a 5.1 or Atmos mix.

I am hopeful that we’ll get something like this for UYI, but I suspect I’m setting myself up to be either let down with the content or forced to spend $500+ to get it.  Being a gnfnr fan really f’n sux.

https://eurostore.warnermusic.com/eu/hybrid-theory-20th-anniversary-edition-super-deluxe-box-set-32.html

On 8/6/2020 at 6:34 PM, Sydney Fan said:

The person with the username GNRgirl or whatever who would take the time to write a 1500 word email to fernando ?.:facepalm:. GNR really has some messed up fans......excluding us!.

“Not sure if you remember me from my username, but I’m the same girl who spoke with you in the discord audio chat. 

Anyway, not a question. But if you remember, I had told you I’d sent you (well, the info@teambrazil account) a 1500+ word email (this was when you’d initially come here to ask for our input). It was very passionate because I care a lot about this band. You told me during the chat that you’d read it. I’m a bit sad because it’s been a couple of months and I don’t think you have. :( “

:facepalm::smiley-confused2:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

“Not sure if you remember me from my username, but I’m the same girl who spoke with you in the discord audio chat. 

Anyway, not a question. But if you remember, I had told you I’d sent you (well, the info@teambrazil account) a 1500+ word email (this was when you’d initially come here to ask for our input). It was very passionate because I care a lot about this band. You told me during the chat that you’d read it. I’m a bit sad because it’s been a couple of months and I don’t think you have. :( “

:facepalm::smiley-confused2:

this makes me not want to be a fan.

of anything.

• Haha 1